Thread: Escape radio swap

Escape radio swap

So my factory radio crapped out. I have been reading of the escape swap. I have a radio picked out but wanted to get a little more info on this swap. It looks like the pin configuration is the same for the 3 plugs though the plug receptacles look somewhat different. Is this a plug and play? I understand it has to be a 2006 with the audiophile 6 disc changer and i will need to change the rear plastic mount to the rubber stud.

Plug & play the receptacles are laid out a little different but the factory harness plugs right in. 6L8T-18C815-fc & -fd are the factory Ford part#'s for the Audiophile unit. Only thing that won't work is the in trunk cd player if you have one.

Thank you, Eddie! I have delt with Chevys my whole life and a lot of parts interchange among them. I now have to learn about Ford products.

Mass Marauder, You’re going to love the performance of the Escape Premium Sound Receiver. It’s a noticeable upgrade.
    And MustangEddie is a great guy to do business with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Black 2003 300A- built 9/07/02, # 4,675 of 7094. Trilogy #243, Installed and tuned by Mo's Speed Shop. K&N cold air intake, Aeromotive fuel pump, Kenne-Bell boost a pump, dual oil catch cans, cooling mod, complete Stainless Works long tube headers and exhaust system, Meg's non-resonated 3.5" exhaust tips , 4.10 gears. Zack & Jerry big brake conversion, TCE stainless brake lines, Ntto NT555-G2 tires;. Ridetech coilovers in front Ridetech adjustable shocks on rear air suspension. ADTR front & rear sway bars, Metco rear control arms, watts link and driveshaft loop, upgraded transmission , PTC 2800- 3000 stall torque converter, transmission cooler, driveshaft balanced, window tint, trunk spoiler, trunk organizer, SS rear bumper inserts. S55 tail lights, Red Line floor mats, Ford Escape Audiophile 6 CD Stereo, BC4E dead pedal. FBM satin aluminum pedals. Colex Supercharged Marauder emblems. Car Motorsports custom hood insulator.

Do you have a link or image of the 2006 Escape radio? Does it have Bluetooth capability? Thanks, Curt

No Bluetooth. I believe there is a recent post about someone trying to add an aftermarket Bluetooth receiver box and it didn't work
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

X2 on the Escape Audiophile, let go of the Tony Robbins' 1990's motivational cassette tapes. Lose the hiss.
    2003 300A BLK/DC
    153K : runs like a swiss watch...
    395/7838

eBay

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...acat=0&_sop=15

https://www.ebay.com/sch/6000/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=6L8T-18C815-fd&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=15

Thread Information