Quote Originally Posted by Comin' in Hot View Post
I know you think the price is crazy, but any successful repair shop is not a charity organization. You’re probably not taking into consideration things like rent/mortgage, utilities, liability insurance, payroll and medical insurance. Shops need to make money off parts and why they don’t make money off parts they need to make money off strictly labor. And if they’re making money off strictly labor they’re going to charge you for everything from the 10 minutes to put your car up on a lift, to the time it takes to lower it down and put it in the parking lot and do your paperwork. It’s an evil necessity, but if they install YOUR parts at a reasonable price, they will be losing money.
I thought I would update this thread, I got the shocks on yesterday and only paid $80.00 but I did help out the guy that came over to put them on. Luckily I had a compressor and 1 of those tools that you can use to cut metal. Even though I sprayed both upper bolts a few days before they were not coming off, everything had to be cut off, these are the original rear shocks. The bottom bolts came off easy, oh well. I learned something yesterday, even though I saved some money, the aggravation was not worth it.

This same guy will be coming over next week to replace my brake pads and since the pads and rotors are original he said to replace the rotors. I am going with his advice, since he said new pads on old rotors could lead to problems.

1 shop near me wanted $400.00 to put the shocks on, then when I said I will think about it, they said $300.00, I will treat this mechanic from from NTW right since he does work on the side.