To add to my EATC issue (I posted a thread a couple days ago about that), earlier today when I went to the dentist my car started making a noise that has me thinking it might be time to replace the timing chain guides as I have just shy of 180k miles. However, after listening/watching several Youtube videos, the sound I hear on my car isn't like the ones in the videos I watched. To try and describe it as best as possible, it sorta sounds like an ordinary chain's links hitting sheet metal and not like the 'clack clack clack' in the videos. It's a somewhat fast clinking/rattle sound, but not as fast as in the videos I watched. It also doesn't make the sound at idle, but when initially accelerating and when slowing down just prior to reaching idle rpms the sound occurs for several seconds; same happens when in park and I give it a little gas. Last oil change was Nov last year and approx 2,000 miles ago.

Anyone here have audio of their MM with worn guides? I've heard about the dreaded timing chain guide issue, but have never actually heard what it sounds like.