Thread: Big electrical problems

Big electrical problems

Hello, I’m new to this page, and new to the marauder world. Bought a marauder with some electrical gremlins. Didn’t get much information until after buying the car and it leaving me on the side of the road… guy said he had both front fenders replaced and when it came back from body shop these problems arose.
    So issues are headlights are not working properly. The drivers light comes on just a very dim light (maybe running light?) the passenger headlight has a ground wire spliced into the harness just before the plug for the light bulb. With this hooked up the passenger light works fine, with it not hooked up none of the front lights work(didn’t check rear lights). I’ve pulled the inner fender and found the ground on the drivers side fender, cleaned it and reconnected it, no change.
    Also have a p1233 code happening and with the lights on the car will not stay running. And when it does start it runs like dog poo.
    Also not sure if these are related but he says the ac isn’t working due to needing ac control module?? And non of my steering wheel controls (or horn) work.
    I’ve read a bunch on this forum about the lcm needing repaired by fastblackmerc but want to see if anyone has any other ideas. Or am I simply over looking a ground that isn’t hooked up. Or when the front fenders were replaced could I be over looking a bad wire. Thanks for any help at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also here is the passenger light wiring
    image-2022-07-27-19:17:40-071.jpg

Pretty safe bet the clock spring in the steering wheel is broken if none of that stuff works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Pretty safe bet the clock spring in the steering wheel is broken if none of that stuff works.

Just the steering wheel issues? Or my problems as a whole??

Just the wheel. Fairly common, especially if anyone ever disconnected the steering shaft and didn’t secure the wheel from free spinning.

The rest sounds like fender install issues.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Right on, I’ll get one on order and see what it does.

Yeah that’s what I’m worried about I can’t find any bad wiring other than what’s on the headlight. I was hoping someone would say it’s something fairly simple lol

Time to get a test light/volt meter.
    Ex Panther Owner

Suggest getting a factory wiring manual.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25512046727...YAAOSwHoFXseW6
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Suggest getting a factory wiring manual.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25512046727...YAAOSwHoFXseW6
    Is that the same for the marauder then I take it?

Quote Originally Posted by rdavidson3593 View Post
    Is that the same for the marauder then I take it?

Yes. ^^^^^^^
    Last edited by blazen71; 07-28-2022 at 07:29 PM.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Update.

So ordered a wiring diagram book, that lead me to a ground hiding behind the battery junction box that must have been missed when reassembling the car. This ground solved the headlight malfunction. Now have to fix the funky ground that was added into the headlight harness. Not sure if any other problems were solved but I at least have lights now!

That manual is going to help you immensely. Glad you got one.
    Ex Panther Owner

Thread Information