Thread: Marauderless after 18 years

Marauderless after 18 years

Well, I finally let go of my Marauder. Had a lot of fun with it and never thought I'd let it go but after 18 years of enjoyment I felt it was time for someone else to look after it. Between my '70 442 and '19 Mustang GT I felt I really didn't need a car that fell in between the both of them. Have sold most of my Oldsmobiles as well, down to just a couple with one more to sell ('72 Cutlass convertible). Once I get some time I'll start going through my extra Marauder parts and will list them for sale. I have a bunch of parts )bumpers, steering wheels, seats, wheels, consoles, grilles, floor mats, who knows what else. Already miss the car and will probably regret it 5 years from now but do feel good about a friend enjoying it and being thrilled to finally own one.

BTW, are original parts like brake calipers, anti sway bars 3.55 gears worth anything?
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

I’ve had two (technically 3…) Marauders prior to the one I own now. I think anything I’d sell it to acquire I never could love as much - so it just means I need to save up for “a second” toy.

If I’m your liquidation of surplus parts; you come across an OEM car cover - I would like to call first dibs. �� thank you and I hope your other toys help fill the void for you.
    Current cars:

2003 Marauder (*mostly* all original)
    2020 Kia Niro Hybrid (wife’s car & our commuter)

Previously owned a 2004 DTR and a 2003 DBP…and 76 other vehicles but we don’t have time to list all that.

Brake calipers wouldn't be worth much, not different from any other 03+ panther. The sway bars would be worth a couple bucks to someone with a 2v 03+ panther that doesn't want to spring for addcos, a decade ago you could pick up a rear bar for 20 bucks, not sure these days but I wouldn't call it a super high value item.

I sold my 3.55 gears years ago for 50 dollars to a crown vic owner, I wouldn't expect much more than that if you were to sell them.

All the other parts you listed would certainly have good value though.

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

It was time for me as well Steve. She went to a great home in Witchita last New Years Eve. I couldn’t believe I actually did it and I was pretty depressed over it for about a week but after that I got the feeling of relief? Almost like a burden lifted and now free space to start working on my bucket list. Oh and not having to tend to the constant detailing certainly helped ease the mind..

Good riddens. It was a hell of a ride that I’ll never regret. All in with no labor I came up with $62,000 spent over 17 years and a month equaling right around $302 a month (plus whatever interest was on the car used in ‘04 for $22,500 came out to). Now subtract the selling price and it comes down to like $204/month all in.

I can live with those numbers for the amount of fun it provided and friendships made!! I could see maybe buying it back but certainly never purchasing a second. I had a connection with that car and that one only.

The new owner said she still hasn’t skipped a beat and has already done a autocross meet as well as a nice cruise on the tail of the dragon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

ha, I used to have one of those - I'll have to look. Never used it. I even found the extra replacement green light bulbs for the light switch last night. That was brutal to find years ago have no idea if there is a common replacement now - I believe it was a Nissan bulb that happen to fit.
    Steven

Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    Lidio tune

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    It was time for me as well Steve. She went to a great home in Witchita last New Years Eve. I couldn’t believe I actually did it and I was pretty depressed over it for about a week but after that I got the feeling of relief? Almost like a burden lifted and now free space to start working on my bucket list. Oh and not having to tend to the constant detailing certainly helped ease the mind..

Good riddens. It was a hell of a ride that I’ll never regret. All in with no labor I came up with $62,000 spent over 17 years and a month equaling right around $302 a month (plus whatever interest was on the car used in ‘04 for $22,500 came out to). Now subtract the selling price and it comes down to like $204/month all in.

I can live with those numbers for the amount of fun it provided and friendships made!! I could see maybe buying it back but certainly never purchasing a second. I had a connection with that car and that one only.

The new owner said she still hasn’t skipped a beat and has already done a autocross meet as well as a nice cruise on the tail of the dragon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I hear you Bob, you are right I never thought you or a few others would ever sell ther cars. Got to admit I do like the extra space. As much as I enjoyed the car it was at the age I was now redoing everything I already had redone. No need to do that all over again. There's something to be said about getting into the GT. I've done nothing but add one module to the car that remembers what the last drive mode was in and always for one touch convertible top control. Get in, one quick touch and I've got a maintenance free convertible that's as fast as my Marauder. Of course Mustangs are all over, I haven't seen another Marauder in a year. But like you I'll get over it sooner than later I'm sure. I'd like to head down to Louisville again this year. That's always a good time.
    Steven

Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    Lidio tune

Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Brake calipers wouldn't be worth much, not different from any other 03+ panther. The sway bars would be worth a couple bucks to someone with a 2v 03+ panther that doesn't want to spring for addcos, a decade ago you could pick up a rear bar for 20 bucks, not sure these days but I wouldn't call it a super high value item.

I sold my 3.55 gears years ago for 50 dollars to a crown vic owner, I wouldn't expect much more than that if you were to sell them.

All the other parts you listed would certainly have good value though.
    Thanks, I just wasn't sure if I should leave it out for the scrap guys or maybe see if someone could use them. I gave my original parts to the guy who bought the car, but he didn't want that stuff - makes sense, they have been sitting on a shelf at my house for 18 years.
    Steven

Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    Lidio tune

parts.jpg

Well, I finally got around to digging some parts out, I never realized how much stuff I collected, This is probably not even a third of it. Three rear bumpers, two fronts, full seat sets, 4 extra wheels (I planned on getting two widened and have two as back ups). Multiple steering wheels, consoles, taillights, some of this stuff is NOS. Now I'm back to being sorry I got rid of the car. Once I get my arms around it I'll start listing stuff - maybe start with the smaller stuff first as I'd be up for shipping that stuff but not the stuff in the pic.
    Steven

Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    Lidio tune

Following.........

I'll be interested in what you have...

Following .

Interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Black 2003 300A- built 9/07/02, # 4,675 of 7094. Trilogy #243, Installed and tuned by Mo's Speed Shop. K&N cold air intake, Aeromotive fuel pump, Kenne-Bell boost a pump, dual oil catch cans, cooling mod, complete Stainless Works long tube headers and exhaust system, Meg's non-resonated 3.5" exhaust tips , 4.10 gears. Zack & Jerry big brake conversion, TCE stainless brake lines, Ntto NT555-G2 tires;. Ridetech coilovers in front Ridetech adjustable shocks on rear air suspension. ADTR front & rear sway bars, Metco rear control arms, watts link and driveshaft loop, upgraded transmission , PTC 2800- 3000 stall torque converter, transmission cooler, driveshaft balanced, window tint, trunk spoiler, trunk organizer, SS rear bumper inserts. S55 tail lights, Red Line floor mats, Ford Escape Audiophile 6 CD Stereo, BC4E dead pedal. FBM satin aluminum pedals. Colex Supercharged Marauder emblems. Car Motorsports custom hood insulator.

Welp, it has been over a year since I first said I'd sell some parts. Word of mouth got plenty of parts sold initially but life got in the way. I'm back to digging out more parts and took some pics. I think I'll list things in separate threads to make it easier. I'll try to reply quickly, I do have people coming to see stuff through the weekend but as mentioned I have have more duplicates than I thought.
    Steven

Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    Lidio tune

Thread Information