Thread: Help please

Help please

So the horrible happened! My Blue MM hit a deer. The damage is all cosmetic. However, because of labor rates in my area and parts crunch seemingly worldwide for all automobiles, the cost for repair (from the only place that I could get to quote me so far) was apparently too much for the insurance. Strangely, the repairs are $7300. However, Hagerty wants to instead give me $7500 ($10k minus the salvage title)to total it and I keep it. That logic still baffles me. At any rate, I was hoping someone could guide me in a direction to a body shop that would be more reasonable and isn't taking advantage of the fact that Abilene is relatively small in comparison to the Houston or Dallas metroplexes. Thanks for any and all advice and help anyone has to offer!
    Attached Images Attached Images

When repairs exceed 60-70% of value, insurance totals it. Parts and paint etc. are way up.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

The only help I could possibly provide is to advise you post this up in both of the Texas regional group sub-forums on here...maybe someone there can point you in the right direction.

You could :Gather up the parts yourself (fender, grille, nose piece, hood, marker light, headlamp) and get a replacement bumper cover , bolt them on and have it painted by the shop. Not difficult work but time consuming.
    2003 300A BLK/DC
    153K : runs like a swiss watch...
    395/7838

Bumper cover looks like it can be saved, headlites, side marker lite, grille you can get aftermarket as OEM are basically unattainable. Maybe someone has a used set. Rest of it are Marquis parts. See if the local junkyards have a few Marquises laying around. Then have someone paint it for you.

Man and I thought I was the only one in Abilene Texas that got a marauder.net that owned a Marauder. Lol imagine that. Are you the same guy that used to work at discount tires here in Abilene Texas with the blue Marauder by chance?

I bought a drivable DTR with the EXACT same damage (plus the core support), no A/C intrusion, cooling system OK and the restraint systems were OK. It was 'totaled' and We did a sheetmetal and header panel replacement and although it was time consuming, it was not too bad. It required NO special tools or alignment machines. I sold it at a considerable loss to a member here hoping to make a fellow Marauder friend, brother, and make his ownership dreams come true. Never heard another peep from him. Brother I swear if you lived closer I'd volunteer my time to save your baby. Fingers crossed for a quick and seamless recovery. You're gonna be ok.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

FFT (Food For Thought)...

5-years ago had similar damage. And ya I know a Crown Victoria LX Sport is NOT a Marauder, however, some of the parts are interchangeable and available as OE - e.g. fender, hood. And the BIG ticket part for your Marauder would be the bumper fascia.

Was able to find OE Marauder side marker light and harness (a mod' that I had made) and headlight wiring harness from ebaY®.

The only non-OE parts in all of the repairs were the header panel and its cover.

Total co$t of my repair was $8,500 (covered by AAA at no co$t to me). (stating the obvious) And the my Crown Victoria no-way has the value of a Marauder (especially a BLUE).

» -accident details- ««« -click-
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gdmjoe; 08-08-2022 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent2006 View Post
    You could :Gather up the parts yourself (fender, grille, nose piece, hood, marker light, headlamp) and get a replacement bumper cover , bolt them on and have it painted by the shop. Not difficult work but time consuming.
    That is basically what my brother did to his 1988 Grand Marquis. Someone rear ended him. He went to the junkyard etc. So they wouldn't total it and he really wanted to save his baby.
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300B (Daily Driver)
    1988 LTD Crown Victoria S

Try LKQ AUTO PARTS. They are in several states and have parts for these cars.

Thread Information