Thread: Ridetech Front Coil Over

Ridetech Front Coil Over

I'm thinking about either the Ridetech or Aldan American front coil over systems.

The Ridetech shows the spring rate of 650 pounds with other spring rates available.

The Aldan system shows three spring rates of 550, 650 and 750 pounds.

I know the Marauder has a progressive rate spring. How does it's spring rate compare to these? I run a lot of Auto Cross events and would like a little stiffer spring and the ability to adjust the ride height lower. I'm thinking about the 750 pound springs.

https://adtr.net/product/mercury-mar...ver-system-03/

https://aldanamerican.com/year-make-...icle-year=2003

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. if there are other options, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Curt

Have you considered those spring wedge things NASCAR uses? They come in different sizes and are removable when not needed.

I'm pretty sure CHris at ADTR can get you any spring rate you want. I personally would get the Ridetech kit. The shocks are made by FOX which had been around forever and probably will be forever. Point is, lifetime warranty doesn't mean ***** if the company goes out of business.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

I have Ridetech 700 lb. springs..I don't auto cross but have blower so added weight.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

How's the height adjustability of the Ridetech's? I'd like to lower the front a lot when running Auto Cross events because I run a 275/35 Falken RT660 on the front which is about 1.5" smaller in diameter than the OEM size.

I'll probably go with the Ridetech's. Looks like ADTR and Ridetech have the same price. I'd probably want a heavier spring. Not sure who to work with. Any suggestions.

I don't adjust mine, but needs a spanner wrench that I think is included. It's been 5 years and MO's installed them. You will want camber bolts for the control arms. ADTR has them. I got mine from him and Ridetechs direct from Ridetech
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

+1 on the Ridetech. Check with Chris at ADTR.net. Million-Mile Warranty with adjustable height and I believe 11 degrees of adjustment for a more sporty or softer ride.

Quote Originally Posted by crouse View Post
    How's the height adjustability of the Ridetech's? I'd like to lower the front a lot when running Auto Cross events because I run a 275/35 Falken RT660 on the front which is about 1.5" smaller in diameter than the OEM size.

I'll probably go with the Ridetech's. Looks like ADTR and Ridetech have the same price. I'd probably want a heavier spring. Not sure who to work with. Any suggestions.

The ridetechs offer plenty of height adjustment. Chris also sells a setup that'll maintain the stock ride height, so you could go from stock to lowered and back just by adjusting the coilovers.

Just reach out to Chris @ ADTR and tell him you're looking for the ridetechs with a stiffer spring, I have 750's in my car which wasn't an immediate option back then. Ridetech developed these for subframe swapped F100's originally, Chris is the one who brought these into the panther world including working with ridetech on rear options.

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

Just an fyi, there isn't a lot of room for the spanner wrench to adjust while on the car. I remove them (2 bolts) and adjust on the bench. Very easy to do and worth the effort of removing them.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Thank you for the information.

If I lower the front, I should also lower the rear. I still have the air bags on the rear of my Marauder. In the past, when I moved the adjustment switch to lower the rear, it seemed like the ride was softer. Should I also do coil springs on the rear?

Quote Originally Posted by crouse View Post
    Thank you for the information.

If I lower the front, I should also lower the rear. I still have the air bags on the rear of my Marauder. In the past, when I moved the adjustment switch to lower the rear, it seemed like the ride was softer. Should I also do coil springs on the rear?

lowering the rear lowers the spring rate since you're letting air out of the bags to maintain a set ride height. I put adjustable ridetech/fox shocks in the rear to help dial in rebound. You don't have to lower it to the point it sits even (these cars come with a factory rake). If you convert to the springs in the rear you're going to have that air ride light on in the cluster.

If you wanted to make this a dedicated track car it'd make sense to put springs in the rear, but assuming you're not going that far, just get the matching rear shocks from Chris and try to dial things in.

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

Thanks again for the help, Curt

Thread Information