Thread: interesting CEL codes...anyone seen this combo

interesting CEL codes...anyone seen this combo

Out for a drive yesterday and the CEL came on.
    Kept driving :-)
    Got out the X4 and read the codes...got the following

P1233 - fuel pump or FPDM problem
    P0442 - small leak somewhere in the Evaporative Emissions

Gas cap is on & looks ok.
    When building the car, I dropped the tank, put in a new pump, and reconfigured the wiring for the pump, FPDM, added voltage booster, & inertia shutoff. The power for the fuel pump comes directly from the battery with a dedicated line.

Wondering if anyone has gotten these two at the same time as I have.
    Thanks
    '03 Silver Birch. Stock rebuilt 4.L 32V DOHC, V7-JT blower w/ADTR racing supercharger kit, Shift kit in transmission, stainless works long pipes and cat backs, Ridetech coil-overs front, shocks in back (ADTR kit). Rebuilt calipers, upgraded front rotors, OEM Mercury wheels, [boost, oil P, WB fuel/air, and fuel pressure] gauges. Build duration was Dec 2019 to Mar 2022. 8 rib serp belt upgrade i/p.

Quote Originally Posted by azgolfrat View Post
    Out for a drive yesterday and the CEL came on.
    Kept driving :-)
    Got out the X4 and read the codes...got the following

P1233 - fuel pump or FPDM problem
    P0442 - small leak somewhere in the Evaporative Emissions

Gas cap is on & looks ok.
    When building the car, I dropped the tank, put in a new pump, and reconfigured the wiring for the pump, FPDM, added voltage booster, & inertia shutoff. The power for the fuel pump comes directly from the battery with a dedicated line.

Wondering if anyone has gotten these two at the same time as I have.
    Thanks
    You did all of this and still have a problem?

Smoke test the tank, it probably needs a vent valve. Very common failure. Did you bypass or replace the factory FPDM?
    Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

Quote Originally Posted by 8UWITH6 View Post
    Smoke test the tank, it probably needs a vent valve. Very common failure. Did you bypass or replace the factory FPDM?
    Thanks for the reply - no, the stock FDPM is still in the circuit, which was modified to accommodate the power line from the battery, the booster and the new fuel pump. A relay was also added so that the battery wouldn’t be drained when the car isn’t running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Silver Birch. Stock rebuilt 4.L 32V DOHC, V7-JT blower w/ADTR racing supercharger kit, Shift kit in transmission, stainless works long pipes and cat backs, Ridetech coil-overs front, shocks in back (ADTR kit). Rebuilt calipers, upgraded front rotors, OEM Mercury wheels, [boost, oil P, WB fuel/air, and fuel pressure] gauges. Build duration was Dec 2019 to Mar 2022. 8 rib serp belt upgrade i/p.

Always fix the 1st code as it usually cause additional codes.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Always fix the 1st code as it usually cause additional codes.
    This is sometimes correct. However, in this case it has a code for the evaporative emission system and the fuel system. More than likely there are two issues. But, I get what you are saying FBM.

OP, I would double check the wiring that was modified on your FPDM, monitor fuel pressure somehow and make sure it is in spec.
    Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

This is what Google says about P1233 code. I would look at your wiring and connections.

"The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the Fuel Pump Monitor (FPM) circuit from the Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM). With the key on, the FPDM continuously sends a duty cycle signal to the PCM through the FPM circuit. The test fails if the PCM stops receiving the duty cycle signal."
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Quote Originally Posted by 8UWITH6 View Post
    This is sometimes correct. However, in this case it has a code for the evaporative emission system and the fuel system. More than likely there are two issues. But, I get what you are saying FBM.

OP, I would double check the wiring that was modified on your FPDM, monitor fuel pressure somehow and make sure it is in spec.
    Best advise ever.

Blazen
    FBM
    8UWITH6 (love it)
    Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

Who modified your FPDM? Black306? http://www.black306.com/?page_id=13
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Quote Originally Posted by blazen71 View Post
    Who modified your FPDM? Black306? http://www.black306.com/?page_id=13
    Blazen,
    Not modifed… still has stock FPDM in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information