Thread: Very unusual issue...

Very unusual issue...

On the 3rd Sunday of the month I go to a cruise-in that's about 1h30min drive from me; there are 2 other MM owners that attend this event as well, which is why I go. I have made the trip to this event this year in March, April, June, Sept, and today. Approx 10 miles from the location of the cruise-in I have to make a left turn because the highway I need to take splits off, which is where the unusual issue is occurring. Last month when I got to this intersection, after waiting for opposing traffic to clear I began the process of making the turn and for a second the car bogged down and acted like it was going to cut off/stall out, only to resume accelerating and allowing me to finish the turn and continue on my way without any further issues. I just chalked it up to having caught the edge of the brake pedal with my shoe (I wear size 13) when I accelerated to make that turn.

Today, the same exact thing happened again at this same intersection under the same circumstances (waited for traffic to clear, then turned) and I know for certain my shoe did not catch the brake pedal this time. This issue didn't happen during the March, April, and June trips, although I can't remember for certain if I had to wait for traffic to make the turn or was able to coast on through w/o having to stop during those trips. I've experienced no acceleration issues/bogging down/stalling out of any sort anywhere else while driving and have driven the car like I normally do; on the conservative side with an occasional mash on the go pedal when needed. Each trip the weather was dry and temps ranged from 60s in March to 80s in June/Sept.

I know this is a needle in the haystack situation trying to figure out what's going on, so any input is welcome...I do not have a S/C; stock motor with shorty headers.

To the dash lights do anything or does it just stumble?
    2003 Black - sold, back again, and sold
    2003 DBP/DC - #153 Whipple 3.4 (permanent garage art)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 36 (sold)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 205 (sold)
    2004 Black - Trilogy #43
    2003 Black - shitbox (sold)
    2004 DTR - shitbox #2

No dash lights come on.

My 04 CVPI does this....watching.

I would suspect an issue with the traction control. Maybe a wonky ABS sensor. To test this try turning the traction control off.
    2004 DTR
    Born on 5/31/04
    Adopted 11/13/04

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPhoenix View Post
    On the 3rd Sunday of the month I go to a cruise-in that's about 1h30min drive from me; there are 2 other MM owners that attend this event as well, which is why I go. I have made the trip to this event this year in March, April, June, Sept, and today. Approx 10 miles from the location of the cruise-in I have to make a left turn because the highway I need to take splits off, which is where the unusual issue is occurring. Last month when I got to this intersection, after waiting for opposing traffic to clear I began the process of making the turn and for a second the car bogged down and acted like it was going to cut off/stall out, only to resume accelerating and allowing me to finish the turn and continue on my way without any further issues. I just chalked it up to having caught the edge of the brake pedal with my shoe (I wear size 13) when I accelerated to make that turn.

Today, the same exact thing happened again at this same intersection under the same circumstances (waited for traffic to clear, then turned) and I know for certain my shoe did not catch the brake pedal this time. This issue didn't happen during the March, April, and June trips, although I can't remember for certain if I had to wait for traffic to make the turn or was able to coast on through w/o having to stop during those trips. I've experienced no acceleration issues/bogging down/stalling out of any sort anywhere else while driving and have driven the car like I normally do; on the conservative side with an occasional mash on the go pedal when needed. Each trip the weather was dry and temps ranged from 60s in March to 80s in June/Sept.

I know this is a needle in the haystack situation trying to figure out what's going on, so any input is welcome...I do not have a S/C; stock motor with shorty headers.
    I have had exact same issue, just like you, on a left turn after waiting for traffic. Happens 4-5 times each year for last five years. No idea why, but very disconcerting when it happens.

The same intersection even? That is weird ... sounds like you might need to burn some stage to scare off the spirits. Doesn't happen on any other left turns?

Quote Originally Posted by Coolumpia View Post
    Doesn't happen on any other left turns?
    Nope. I've owned my MM for 11+ years, driven it 120+K miles and only twice has this issue ever happened and it's happened at the same location performing the exact same maneuver approximately one month apart (Sept 18th and Oct 16th).

Check the wiring harness behind the drivers side head. It may have worn thru on the really long bolt that secures the cowl. If it's worn thru it my be shorting out on turns.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Check the wiring harness behind the drivers side head. It may have worn thru on the really long bolt that secures the cowl. If it's worn thru it my be shorting out on turns.
    I didn't think of that. Great suggestion!
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Quote Originally Posted by blazen71 View Post
    I didn't think of that. Great suggestion!
    That is why I'm still here.............
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

FfFastBlackMerc for the win! Yes I studdered a little.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Thread Information