Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Brake Kits

The original Baer BBK that came out back when these cars were new (the kit they sell now is totally different/better)
    Does Baer still make a kit for the Marauder?
    2004 Black Marauder: #2237 Born on 4/1/2004

Eaton Swapped and a bunch of other goodies!

Quote Originally Posted by loud2004marquis View Post
    They do, however they use their own in-house caliper now and it looks massive. Doubt it would fit the OEM wheels.

On the other hand, I see people having some issues with rebuilt c5 brake calipers. What would be the best place to source quality rebuild from?
    2004 Mercury Marauder, Black
    2008 Crown Victoria P71, Silver
    2010 Crown Victoria P7B, Black
    2010 Crown Victoria P7B, White

Local parts store. That way when the piston seals start leaking you can warranty it there instead of the hassle of doing it online and shipping the leaking caliper back.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Who do I search for on facebook to get the aluminum brackets? Or does this person have a website? I tried searching the username from here but that doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by loud2004marquis View Post
    They (and Wilwood) make kits that fit the 03+ panther front suspension for people who are doing crown vic subframe swaps under F100s. Nobody has tried it on a Marauder yet. Wish they sold a rear setup

https://baer.com/14-Front-Pro-Brake-System-4261422.html

Quote Originally Posted by JVD View Post
    Who do I search for on facebook to get the aluminum brackets? Or does this person have a website? I tried searching the username from here but that doesn't work.

https://www.facebook.com/gerald.irwin.14

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by JVD View Post
    Gerald Irwin is the man who makes and sells the brackets for the big brakes on a budget kit. He’s on Facebook In a lot of the Marauder groups .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Black 2003 300A- built 9/07/02, # 4,675 of 7094. Trilogy #243, Installed and tuned by Mo's Speed Shop. K&N cold air intake, Aeromotive fuel pump, Kenne-Bell boost a pump, dual oil catch cans, cooling mod, complete Stainless Works long tube headers and exhaust system, Meg's non-resonated 3.5" exhaust tips , 4.10 gears. Zack & Jerry big brake conversion, TCE stainless brake lines, Ntto NT555-G2 tires;. Ridetech coilovers in front Ridetech adjustable shocks on rear air suspension. ADTR front & rear sway bars, Metco rear control arms, watts link and driveshaft loop, upgraded transmission , PTC 2800- 3000 stall torque converter, transmission cooler, driveshaft balanced, window tint, trunk spoiler, trunk organizer, SS rear bumper inserts. S55 tail lights, Red Line floor mats, Ford Escape Audiophile 6 CD Stereo, BC4E dead pedal. FBM satin aluminum pedals. Colex Supercharged Marauder emblems. Car Motorsports custom hood insulator.

+1 for the budget big brake kit. Been using it at trackdays for almost 2 years now, incredible improvements in braking force and ultimate heat capacity. c5 calipers are good, c6 calipers are marginally stiffer, but also thicker, and may not fit under the stock wheels like the c5 calipers do. Also, having access to every performance pad made for Corvette is nice.

I traded ride/drives with a friend who has the Wilwood kit on his manual swapped vic, he was impressed with my brakes, I was....not super impressed with his. Might be something about master cylinder sizing, idk.

There have been a number of changes over the past 15yrs to the "Wilwood" kits. Actually the TCE kits.

Today there are kits from Wilwood directly that are descendents of the TCE builds. This came about, as note above, due to the CV clip swap that became popular about ten years ago. Seems a number of the "big shops" and TV shows were rather discontent that to get a kit for their build they had to get it through me. Wilwood took note of that and we discussed it. In the end they took 13" and 14" kits using the FNSL6 and optional Aero6 kits from my listings but left me the "oe wheel fit" option as well as the larger 15" version. "That's not right!" you may scream and yeah I felt that way some of course. But. The good news is that the cost of those kits has been reduced quite a lot. (and availbale from me of course) so that's a plus for consumers. The other good news is that TCE remains the only source for the 14" FNSL6 kit that fits your stock wheels. (with or possibly w/o that super slim spacer)

Today TCE has extended the listings from 14" kits for the stock wheel to 14" Aero6 kits (now Wilwood) and 15" TCE kits as well as a couple of 16" kits we've produced as well. AND, the latest and last version of the rear kit is now a 14" FNSL4 version again; retaining the p-brake. *Note that YES the Wilwood factory 14" kits (both calipers) will fit your car. Just not your stock wheels, so if you make a change there....well it's an option.

If you have not checked out the options of late you should! TCE MARAUDER KITS

TCE still offers the SS hose kit for the stock calipers as well as the C5 conversion too.

I could debate the pros and cons of all of the options listed but the reality is there's never been a 'one size fits all' when it comes to brake choices. I believe TCE/Wilwood based kits remain the best available for you car today just as they have been for many years. Cost more yes...but you get so much more for the money!
    TCE
    Your one stop...for Wilwood brakes.

I echo what Todd stated in his post TCE/Wilwood based kits remain the best available for you car today just as they have been for many years. Cost more yes...but you get so much more for the money! and may I add confidence when you push on the big pedal to stop!
    Wilwood Pic 5.jpgWilwood Pic 4.jpgWilwood Pic 1.jpgWilwood Pic 2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by adtaylor; 02-21-2023 at 03:53 AM.
    2004 Silver Birch
    Build Date: 03/12/2004
    Number: 2032 of 3214
    Number: 664 of 997
    Trilogy: #193
    Forgiato custom 3pc wheels
    Willwood Brakes
    Lido's Tune
    K&N Intake
    Addco Sway Bars
    ADTR Coil Over Suspension
    Metco Control Arms & Watts Link
    Kooks Headers and Exhaust
    4.10 Gears
    Pantherlights Head Lamps / Fog Lamps

Quote Originally Posted by adtaylor View Post
    I echo what Todd stated in his post TCE/Wilwood based kits remain the best available for you car today just as they have been for many years. Cost more yes...but you get so much more for the money! and may I add confidence when you push on the big pedal to stop!
    Wilwood Pic 5.jpgWilwood Pic 4.jpgWilwood Pic 1.jpgWilwood Pic 2.jpg
    .....AND THAT IS PRETTY!!!!!!!
    2003 300A
    Widened Rear Wheels with 295 45 Nitto G2's
    Eaton Swapped by Curless
    Brake Upgrade
    Mo's Tune
    JLT Intake
    Addco Sway Bars
    ADTR Coil Over Suspension
    Metco Control Arms & Watts Link
    SW Headers and Exhaust
    Accessories By FastBlackMerc
    4.10 Gears
    Aeroforce Gauges
    Pantherlights Headlamps

Thanks for the support fellas but without Zack this big brakes on a budget project would have never happened.
    I have Baers on Taxi car and the budget setup on others, the braking is superior to stock.
    The one with Wilwoods on 4 corners is superior but at a cost, thus the big brakes on a budget title.
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information