Thread: Got black rims on the car for the winter. Also, where to widen rims on Long Island?

Got black rims on the car for the winter. Also, where to widen rims on Long Island?

I'm borrowing a friends spare set of rims for the winter so I can have some work done on my rims and still have the car working in the meantime. I will be giving these wheels back to him in the spring. They actually have a horrible layer of black powder coat on them that flakes off really bad. I've been using flat black touch up paint on them to get them looking decent. For the center caps, I bought a set of generic plain back center caps and ordered a set of chrome god's head stickers for them. I think it actually looks cool enough to share here, but I will definitely be going back to the factory wheels in the spring.

IMG_20221107_104943.jpgIMG_20221107_120319.jpgIMG_20221024_135934.jpg

I'm also looking to get my factory rear rims widened by 1.5 inches, but I'm not sure where to take it. I know Weldcraft does it, but I'm not looking to get them chrome dipped and I would also like to do this locally without involving shipping my wheels. I've called a couple of places that say they repair cracked and bent aluminum wheels, but they say that they don't perform widening.

Any suggestions? I am well aware that doing anything involving chrome is illegal in NY, but I'm not looking for chrome.

Don't know about LI but send a PM to What'supDOHC (MARK) as he had his done in NJ somewhere. Give you a good reason to take a trip.

Okay I’ll bite, why is anything regarding chrome illegal in New York??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I was a bit vague in my post, sorry. Chrome dipping is illegal in NY, not chrome itself. You can not manufacture or apply chrome in the state of New York.
    I didn't realise that the way I worded it made it sound like anything with chrome on it is illegal, lol.

I'm just going to stick with a polished aluminum finish since that's what came from the factory and it will save me the hassle of shipping.
    Last edited by RocsMerc; 11-30-2022 at 01:31 PM.

The plating process may not be EPA approved in New York?
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Lame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Thread Information