Thread: help- Small pfft noise when turning steering wheel

help- Small pfft noise when turning steering wheel

I recently dented my oil pan by dropping the car off a floor jack and onto the front left corner of the pan.

I changed the pan by R&R of the the k-frame with the engine remaining in place. That all seems to have gone well. Some of the PS lines were slightly bent but do not appear crimped.

When i first started it there was considerable noise that seemed like fluid or bubbles. That cleared itself in about 1 minute. Now the car runs fine and idles quietly. I am finding no fluid leaks or drop in the PS fluid level.

Here is the symptom. When I first turn the steering wheel in either direction from any resting position there is a short clearly audible "pffft" type noise. Otherwise all seems to operate well and quietly.

Thoughts?

Jay
    03 MM, DBP, Charcoal, 6disk, HS, organizer, spoiler Mods: Z&M arms, Beamtech Led headlight bulbs, LED turns, ditch, tails, reverse & interior(blue), oil deflector, U-Hall Tranny pan. running stock size Cooper Zeon RS3-G1

02 SL500 Silver Arrow - first aid kit delete, maybe for sale

08 Town Car Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

I wonder if there is a restriction is the lines and the sound you are hearing is the pressure relief valve like when you turn the wheel all the way to one side?

Perhaps. I will try to listen closer. The valve is in the rack?
    03 MM, DBP, Charcoal, 6disk, HS, organizer, spoiler Mods: Z&M arms, Beamtech Led headlight bulbs, LED turns, ditch, tails, reverse & interior(blue), oil deflector, U-Hall Tranny pan. running stock size Cooper Zeon RS3-G1

08 Town Car Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

I forgot to post the resolution to this issue. It fixed itself after winter storage.

Thread Information