Thread: Looking to get into a Marauder possibly October near LA

Looking to get into a Marauder possibly October near LA

Hi Guys,
    Im form the far away land of New Zealand, the land of Hobbits and sheep.
    I will be visiting the fine city of LA with a short stint to Vegas in October and am looking to buy a Marauder to cruise around in for the two weeks we are there and then send home if i can find a good enough gem.
    Any tips on what i should watch out for, common problems and obvious easily checked spots for rust?
    Hopefully ill be able to grab one near LA, but im open to shipping one to LA if that is needed which will mean buying sight unseen.
    This is my first time doing this so its a bit of an adventure.

Any tips or advice is welcome.
    Thanks

Welcome to the site...this is THE place to frequent if you want to find a MM for sale. Would be great if you are able to make this happen; knowing there's a MM in NZ would be amazing. As for LA being a 'fine city'...well, I'll just say that is subjective...lol. Over the next several months, take the time to really scour this website for the information to your questions...lots of good info on here that point out the strengths/weaknesses of these cars. Most MM owners take really good care of their car, so buying one from someone here on the site will give the best chance of a hassle-free purchase. There's a good number of MM owner in California/Arizona...maybe by the time October rolls around there'll be one up for sale. When I bought mine I was living in South Carolina at the time and flew out to New Mexico to pick it up and drove it 1800 miles back to SC...hope you can find something closer...lol.

Good luck!

For as little that we’re made there sure seems to almost always be some really good examples for sale. Keep in mind you get what you pay for! Problem with these cars are they never once really had a price point even when they were brand new..

Even ballpark pricing is hard. I’ve seen very decent ones sell for anywhere between $12 to $38 grand. I can say without a doubt to not let mileage be much of a determining factor. These cars are straight up beasts that still have the feel and quietness of brand new even at 150,000+ miles depending on the previous owners care.

Good luck and wish you the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Awesome vacation!!! I have owned my 2003 Marauder since new and have been fortunate to recently buy a 2004 with 61k miles on it. Feel like a kid again! I am in agreement with these guys this site is pretty informative and you can find Marauder owners selling there’s so in most cases it will be well kept. All I can say to you is if you want to find a clean one with low miles there out there but you will pay and it’s worth it if you’re into these cars. So buy what you can afford and if it’s the upper $ one you will be very happy if you have a smaller budget you will find a descent one that you can make into a beautiful beast if you have time and money! There one with a trilogy supercharger on this site that seems like a good buy! Good luck and safe travels!

Thanks guys,
    Ill have a good look around and see what pops up over the next few months.
    Ill more than likely be looking at the lower end of the scale, I have the space at my shop to take it off the road and sort niggles out.
    There is not alot of stuff like a MM in NZ, so itll be quite unique here.

Lower end is fine! Have fun you will be happy especially if you plan on working on it! And yes it will be pretty cool to be the only one around your area cruising in a Marauder!

How much are you willing to pay for one? Im in Los Angeles and I have seen a few for sale. They are all 12k and up though.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Maugeri2003 View Post
    Lower end is fine! Have fun you will be happy especially if you plan on working on it! And yes it will be pretty cool to be the only one around your area cruising in a Marauder!
    Area, i dont think there is any in the whole country!

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera View Post
    How much are you willing to pay for one? Im in Los Angeles and I have seen a few for sale. They are all 12k and up though.
    Ill just have to go with the market really and see what is available near the time.
    Have seen decent looking ones go for around 12k, so near that would be good. Obviously the lower the mileage and better condition they go up from there, but the 12k ones i have seen have only had minor scratches and stuff.

I was going to say that but I thought you never know!!!

Thread Information