Thread: Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) PID

Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) PID

Hey Guys,
    There is a locked sticky thread in the DIY forum called "Know Your Blower" (lots of comedic material there).
    It's a good write up that refers to a PID named MAP (manifold absolute pressure).
    From hunting around I'm thinking the data for MAP is derived from the MAF sensor.
    Does this sound correct?
    If so, I'm interested in logging MAP as a boost value, as opposed to the non digital boost gauge I've installed.
    Has anyone logged MAP?
    FYI, the MAF sensor I have in place is from ADTR's Vortech V7 kit...
    Thanks
    -KK
    '03 Silver Birch. Stock rebuilt 4.L 32V DOHC, V7-JT blower w/ADTR racing supercharger kit, Shift kit in transmission, stainless works long pipes and cat backs, Ridetech coil-overs front, shocks in back (ADTR kit). Rebuilt calipers, upgraded front rotors, OEM Mercury wheels, [boost, oil P, WB fuel/air, and fuel pressure] gauges. Build duration was Dec 2019 to Mar 2022. 8 rib serp belt upgrade i/p.

MAP data is taken from the MAP sensor. The sensor is located on the EGR valve. The OEM MAP sensor will only read vacuum if you log it. Since our cars came from the factory without forced induction there was no need to have a MAP sensor that reads vacuum and pressure. The way you would be able to log boost is by getting an electronic boost gauge. The gauge will come with it's own 1 or 2 Bar MAP sensor. You need to install a Firewire on the actual gauge and plug it into your SCT tuner while logging. Your log configuration will need to be updated to include the additional analog input.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Blazen,
    Excellent info...thanks
    '03 Silver Birch. Stock rebuilt 4.L 32V DOHC, V7-JT blower w/ADTR racing supercharger kit, Shift kit in transmission, stainless works long pipes and cat backs, Ridetech coil-overs front, shocks in back (ADTR kit). Rebuilt calipers, upgraded front rotors, OEM Mercury wheels, [boost, oil P, WB fuel/air, and fuel pressure] gauges. Build duration was Dec 2019 to Mar 2022. 8 rib serp belt upgrade i/p.

In the T bird world we have wired in an aftermarket MAP sensor to the EGR wiring to log boost thru the EEC. I think this would require you to delete the the EGR function in the tune so would not be emissions compliant.
    ~Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Blown3.8 View Post
    In the T bird world we have wired in an aftermarket MAP sensor to the EGR wiring to log boost thru the EEC. I think this would require you to delete the the EGR function in the tune so would not be emissions compliant.
    Never thought about doing it that way. Very cool!
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Thread Information