Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Help

Exhaust Help

I've got a bone stock marauder and i'm looking to add a conservative rumble to it. Nothing loud or obnoxious. Needs to be louder than stock for sure and I would preferably like it to be heard when I step on the gas. I'm only going to install mufflers and probably nothing else. Would anyone recommend flow master 40, delta 40, or delta 50? Also what is the inlet and outlet size needed? My last marauder came with exhaust already done, never needed to touch it so exhaust work on these cars is kind of foreign to me..
    360 Marauder

Honestly, it's difficult (imo) to tell someone which mufflers sound the best because you have no clue what kind of sound that person is looking for. I suggest searching on YouTube for videos (there are a decent amount) to get a sense of what each brand of aftermarket muffler sounds like. On my MM I have AeroTurbine AT2525s and I love the way my exhaust sounds. However, the majority of my exhaust system is not stock as I bought someone else's old exhaust set up (SCCheesehead...RIP Rex) when they upgraded to a SW set up and I also have 4" exhaust tips.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamGraczyk View Post
    I've got a bone stock marauder and i'm looking to add a conservative rumble to it. Nothing loud or obnoxious. Needs to be louder than stock for sure and I would preferably like it to be heard when I step on the gas. I'm only going to install mufflers and probably nothing else. Would anyone recommend flow master 40, delta 40, or delta 50? Also what is the inlet and outlet size needed? My last marauder came with exhaust already done, never needed to touch it so exhaust work on these cars is kind of foreign to me..
    "Nothing loud or obnoxious" then DEFINATELY DON'T EVEN think about "flow master 40, delta 40, or delta 50"

Go with 2 of THESE

CLICK HERE Magnaflow 18 inch offset/center #11225

Had Flow Master Delta 50's awhile ago with rear cat delete and LOVED the sound. I was after the same thing you are and that was a perfect setup!
    2004 Black Marauder: #2237 Born on 4/1/2004

Eaton Swapped and a bunch of other goodies!

Magnaflow XL
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

I have Super40's and delete tips and it's LOUD. At start up its a loud roar but low rumble at idle. Any throttle application is loud and even with a full trunk built out with a sound system - it still occasionally makes a deafening drone. I will be removing the second cats when my AFR bung is welded in so it will be louder. Replacement mufflers may be on the list 'o future goodies.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

To make it sound better without muffler swap You can delete rear cats and remove resonators from the tips. Glad to hear You got another one! This is A.J. by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Everyone I've been asking has been recommending Delta 50 so far
    360 Marauder

Everyone I've been asking has been recommending Delta 50 so far
    MagnaFlow...only.

Quote Originally Posted by 03Merc View Post
    To make it sound better without muffler swap You can delete rear cats and remove resonators from the tips. Glad to hear You got another one! This is A.J. by the way.

Whats your number I tried to send you a PM on here but your inbox is full.. got any mufflers laying around?????
    360 Marauder

Whats your number I tried to send you a PM on here but your inbox is full.. got any mufflers laying around?????
    I don't and I moved up north! You don't have My #?

Delta 50’s was my very first exhaust mod. I left the muffler shop completely disappointed! There was hardly any difference at all..

Then I had the rear cats removed and the stock tips cut off, resonators pounded out and tips rewelded back on and that sounded better than my complete Stainless Works system I eventually put on!

Honestly, I’d start with just having the rear cats cut off and go from there. It makes for a great exhaust note and best thing is your PCM will never notice them missing.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Blog Entries
    Drill some holes in your mufflers.
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

Quote Originally Posted by sailsmen View Post
    Drill some holes in your mufflers.
    We used to do this in high school
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

I've got the opposite problem. Just purchased my 2nd MM and found it has a pair of Flowmasters I'd like to swap out for OEM ones (Model numbers: Driver side is 3w3z-52230-bb & Passenger side is 3w3z-55230-bb). Anyone know a source for them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information