Thread: Hello from NC coast

Hello from NC coast

Hey everybody,

I've been a Marauder fan for a long time. Whenever I'd see one, it always had that rare and cool vibe. Always wanted one. I'm looking to buy one in the next year, but want to learn as much as I can before purchasing. My plan is to use it as a daily driver and to also mod it as I go - but I have a lot to learn on that front. I don't know a ton about cars, but I'm here to learn. Whenever I hear car guys talk it sounds like a different language sometimes. But, there's always time to learn, right? Thankfully we have places like this for info.

Looking forward to hanging out and learning from y'all.

Welcome. Might want to think about buying a Marauder already been modded. They come up for sale here from time to time. Just need to think about how modded you want your car to be.

If you have the time, come up to the Ford Nationals in Carlisle Pa. in the beginning of June (thread here somewhere). You can get a feel for what's possible.

Thanks, Mr. Man. Already modded would be fine with me. I’d never have the time to do it myself these days anyway. I’d certainly be bringing it to someone to do the work.

I need to check out the nationals. Thanks for the heads up on that. Never heard of it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi DB Marauder, like Mr. Man said, if you can get to the Ford Nationals at Carlisle, you can learn ALOT about our Marauders.
    #46 of a build of 3214
    #39 of 980

SCT Xcal3 Mo's Speed Shop Tune
    JLT CAI
    Tinted Windows
    SS Inserts

Thanks Hammer Down. I watched a couple YouTube videos of the past years and it looks like a great show. Not sure if I can make this year, but I’ll try to plan it next year.

Any suggestions on the best way to lookout for marauders for sale? I’ve been surfing all the used car sites - Autotrader, carfax, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard, fellow NC Marauderererererer!!! There's a fellow Marauderererer that just recently moved to Albermarle (45 mins east of me, about 3 hours west of you) who has one up for sale. You'll need to go to the for sale forum on this website and change the 'show threads from' setting from 'last month' to '60 days' in the "Thread display options" section to be able to see it. Mustangeddie is a good dude; he recently helped me out with replacing my air bags and a few other things.

Hope you find one...they can be difficult to locate. If you're going to be in central NC for any reason, give me a holler. I meet up with 2 other Marauderererers in Liberty (southeast of Greensboro) the 3rd Sunday of the month for a cruise-in and/or some BBQ. There's about half a dozen, maybe 7, Maraudererers in NC, but most are not active on here, unfortunately.

Appreciate that SilverPhoenix. I’m out here on the NC coast. I get to Chapel Hill every now and then to see in-laws.

I’d love to get involved with a Marauder meetup one day. Marauders and bbq sounds quite alright. I’d like to drive one down to Crusin’ the Coast in Mississippi one day. That’s a fun show.

I’m finding a couple cars online, but tough to come by. They want a premium for low miles, which is understandable. Trying to decide the best balance of miles and price for me.

I've seen some videos of that and it looks like a blast. During my AF career, I was stationed at Keesler AFB in 1995 for 8 months, going through 'tech school' learning how to be a weather forecaster.

Good look in your search, I remember the day(s) when I was searching for mine. Was in Charleston, SC, at the time and had to go all the way to New Mexico to find the 'Silver Phoenix'. 13 years and 130,000 miles later and have enjoyed every day of it...

Hi, go with Silver Phoenix, keep checking out this site for sales
    #46 of a build of 3214
    #39 of 980

SCT Xcal3 Mo's Speed Shop Tune
    JLT CAI
    Tinted Windows
    SS Inserts

I'm in Cary.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Welcome aboard !
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van