Thread: Need advice - supercharging. shop to do the work

Need advice - supercharging. shop to do the work

I'm looking for some help, and I can't think of a better way to get some much needed advice.

I've had my Marauder for a bunch of years now ('03, no real engine mods, bigger brakes and some suspension ugrades), and I've really wanted to increase the power. I was at Carlisle last weekend and talked to a couple of people that had gone with superchargers (Trilogy kits, and a monster with a Whipple), and I'm sold.

I really wish the Trilogy kits were still available, but I like the idea of the Eaton swap too. I know ADTR has the centrifugal kits, but I'm not all that excited about that option. Unfortunately, with the way my life is now it would probably take me a couple of years to do it myself. So, my questions are:

1) Do any of you have a good shop that you can recomend that would do a project like that for me? I'm really hoping there's SOMEONE out there that's reputable and that would be willing to help me build this thing.

2) I can dig back through some of the older threads here, but what's a realistic horespower goal for an Eaton swapped 32v 4.6? I have a tentative target of >400hp at the wheels in my head. Am I in a realistic ballpark there? How much OTHER work should I expect if I want to put 400hp to the ground? Block rebuild, transmission, axle, etc?

If I can get this going, I'll happily keep you all updated if there's any interest in that.

THANKS!!

MO's Speed Shop in GA can help you with all of your questions and make recommendations. They work on a lot of Marauders of all types.
    Bill
    03 Mercury Marauder, 300A
    SOLD
    2005 Lincoln Town Car, ADTR Supercharger, TCE Brake Lines, MO's Tune
    2022 Lincoln Aviator Reserve AWD

That's good! I was a little worried since their subforum has been quiet for a while and when I last checked their website it was down. It looks like the website is back up, so I'll definitely get in touch with them. Getting to GA from PA shouldn't be too much trouble.

I JUST finished the process of Eaton swapping my car.
    There are a lot of variables when it comes to cost of course - how much stuff you buy/find second hand, doing headers and more at same time, etc. The "official Eaton swap parts list" was my go to reference and I read thru every post on every page more than once.

The way I went about it was finding the major parts on my own first. Supercharger, intercooler, lower manifold, throttle body + elbow are some of the major parts that more or less are found used. Almost everything else can be brought new, which is how I went about it. Once you have those, the next major hurdle is swap brackets from Gerald I. and figuring out your coolant crossover tube. You need to source most of this on your own, as the shop you choose is going to have to track this stuff down used, the same as you. It's just easier if you find this stuff first. Join Mustang groups/pages, scour ebay + CL.

Power wise, I value reliability, don't care about chasing dyno numbers, and ultimately wanted a build that would last. I run stock pulleys, and made 403 WHP and 390 TQ.

The car is still not fast, but is 1000% more fun. I recommend it, but also can't believe how much I spent in the end.

Good luck!

There are three supercharged marauders in the Lehigh Valley that I know of, I own two of them… PM me if you want to talk.
    2003 Black - sold, back again, and sold
    2003 DBP/DC - #153 Whipple 3.4 (permanent garage art)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 36 sold
    2003 DBP/LF - # 205 sold
    2004 Black - Trilogy #43
    2003 Black - sold
    2004 DTR - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Comin' in Hot View Post
    There are three supercharged marauders in the Lehigh Valley that I know of, I own two of them… PM me if you want to talk.
    Well that's amazingly convienient! I'll definitely get in touch!
    I'm at the point right now of figuring out how much I don't even know yet. Thanks for the offer!

Power wise, I value reliability, don't care about chasing dyno numbers, and ultimately wanted a build that would last. I run stock pulleys, and made 403 WHP and 390 TQ.

The car is still not fast, but is 1000% more fun. I recommend it, but also can't believe how much I spent in the end.
    Thanks for the guidance! That sounds like a pretty solid approach to sourcing. Your results are a HUGE help! I know I don't want something pushed right to the ragged edge to build crazy power, but it you're putting down that kind of power with good reliability I think I have a pretty realistic target for this project. That alone was a giant help.

9-10 lbs boost on stock motor, 400 - 420rwhp with proper tuning has been proven to be good range. Current motor must be in good operating condition. Mo's speed shop on Dallas,GA as mentioned, can do install, tune, recommendations based on budget. My car has been there twice and I'm 680 miles away. Had it transported and then flew in and drove home. They also have worked on my 67 wagon twice. Marty and Jeff are straight shooters. Marty doesn't frequent here anymore, They have a Facebook page and are on Facebook Marauder pages, Fox body pages, Coyote swap pages regularly.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    9-10 lbs boost on stock motor, 400 - 420rwhp with proper tuning has been proven to be good range. Current motor must be in good operating condition. Mo's speed shop on Dallas,GA as mentioned, can do install, tune, recommendations based on budget. My car has been there twice and I'm 680 miles away. Had it transported and then flew in and drove home. They also have worked on my 67 wagon twice. Marty and Jeff are straight shooters. Marty doesn't frequent here anymore, They have a Facebook page and are on Facebook Marauder pages, Fox body pages, Coyote swap pages regularly.
    I've had a couple of calls with them this week. We need to figure out parts sourcing and some other things, but so far this sounds like a good project. Thank you all for the feedback and suggestions so far!

I’ve completed the centrifugal super charger install/mod using the v7 from adtr. I did the work. If you wind up going this route, I can help with lessons learned, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Silver Birch. Rebuilt 4.L 32V DOHC, V7-JT blower w/ADTR racing supercharger kit, Shift kit in transmission, stainless works long pipes and cat backs, Ridetech coil-overs front, shocks in back (ADTR kit). Rebuilt calipers, upgraded front rotors, OEM Mercury wheels, [boost, oil P, WB fuel/air, and fuel pressure] gauges. Build duration was Dec 2019 to Mar 2022. Upgraded to 8 rib belt to reduce slip, July-Nov '23. Car broke during tune with Marty Feb '24. Running again May '24. Still needs tune.

Thread Information