Thread: DRL Module

DRL Module

Sometime back, someone on this forum had the DRL Module installed on his MM. Could you send the information/part numbers that dealer used to make this accessory operative on MM?
    Tried a Search for this information but didn't find anything.
    Thanks for any help.
    Bill
    03 Mercury Marauder, 300A
    SOLD
    2005 Lincoln Town Car, ADTR Supercharger, TCE Brake Lines, MO's Tune
    2022 Lincoln Aviator Reserve AWD

I don't know that anyone actually went to the dealership to have it installed... All it is is high beams on at low output while you drive... I personally drive with running/fog on when my autolamp isn't engauged.

Somewhere on here it was said that the lights come on when the wipers are turned on. My car, however, does not do this... Is this another 'nadian thing?

LML...you drive with your lights on...always?

Lincmerclover,

I bought my Marauder in Maryland in August. It does turn the lights on when the wipers are activated.
    2004 Marauder
    Black
    Dark Charcoal Interior

2006 Mustang GT
    Satin Silver
    Black Leather Int.
    5-Speed Auto Trans.

2003 Grand Marquis LSE
    Silver

Mine come on about 30 sec after i turn the wipers on. I have the lights switched to the auto on option, and have never had a problem.
    Gone, but not forgotten

"I don't drink beer, I drink Guinness."

Originally posted by LincMercLover
    I don't know that anyone actually went to the dealership to have it installed... All it is is high beams on at low output while you drive... I personally drive with running/fog on when my autolamp isn't engauged.

Somewhere on here it was said that the lights come on when the wipers are turned on. My car, however, does not do this... Is this another 'nadian thing?
    It's not a Canadian thing, hum, maybe I bougth a north of the border car in Maryland. Anyway, about 30 seconds or so after the wipers come on, my lights will automatically come on. It doesn't matter if the switch is off or in the auto mode. If you drive with your lights on all the time anyway, (running/fog) then you would probably not notice the headlights turning on. They come on even with the wipers in the intermittent mode!

Attached Images Attached Images

Bob, USNavy Retired
    2010 Taurus SHO Red Candy Metallic
    402A, 5% tint, Valentine 1, Laser Blaster,
    Livernois Stage 2tune, Airaid CAI
    Corsa cat-back, Lower molding stripe
    Born 10/27/09, came home 2/20/10

'03 MM 300A Gone, but not forgotten!
    Born 9/25/02, went home 11/04/02, passed on 3/21/06, Mileage: 100K

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!" (Unknown source)

I'll have to wait a sec then next time I try that... Sergnt, yah, just the running/fog. I don't want to be a total dick and make EVERY person I pull up behind think I'm a cop. At least when they see the fogs, they think twice... plus I think it looks cool as hell (as you can see in my profile pic down there. V

DRL Module

I have the part number of the module, F6SZ-13B218-AA.$60.80 list.
    I wanted to find the individual that posted the information so I could communicate with him directly as to his results and what the dealer had to do for installation.
    My lights come on with the Wipers On, would like DRL at other times.
    Bill
    03 Mercury Marauder, 300A
    SOLD
    2005 Lincoln Town Car, ADTR Supercharger, TCE Brake Lines, MO's Tune
    2022 Lincoln Aviator Reserve AWD

Ahh... I just didn't give it enoph time before. They work!

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    From what I can gather, the module should just plug in, in the area in front of the radiator. There may be some fuses to add too.

The DRL "kit" should be listed in the Acccessories catalog.
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

That was me.

I'll get the info for you. have to find the invoice.
    I love them. I just leave my headlight switch on the automatic setting and never touch it!

Bill was correct, the part # on my invoice is F6SZ-13B218-AA, $60.80.
    My problems came from them trying to install the wrong part in the first place.. i also have a copy of the installation instructions.
    Last edited by O's Fan Rich; 01-09-2003 at 09:55 AM.

Thread Information