Thread: PI Stallion 3000 - SCT program (a work in progress)

PI Stallion 3000 - SCT program (a work in progress)

Aric of Injection Engineering spent an hour and a half today programming my SCT chip for my Stallion TC. He started with the latest files for the Stallion, then made several runs on the dyno at Team Ford to make adjustments. Let me say that this is still a work in progress, but I expect that between my car (and Todd's, who is about to have his Stallion program set up), Aric will soon have a setup for the Stallion that will be darn near close to perfect, imo.

My drive back from ATL I shook down the program with short sprints on the open interstate, and with street driving. Let me preface this by saying that the behavior of the Stallion TC immediately after install both pleased me and also made me wonder if I had made a huge mistake. The car definitely pulled harder, ran faster, and boy, the shifts were amazingly strong. But there was an unrefined feel about it... it had what I considered some rough edges. What happened over the two weeks I drove my car was come to like the rough edges, because the performance was so much better.

Aric did a great job with my car, and the rough edges are now gone. The shifts are smoother, not as hard, and, well, it's generally better in all respects. I do miss the hard shifts, but after my shake down, I'm now of the opinion that there has been no degradation of performance, it's just, well, more mannered. I can still bark the tires from standstill on dry pavement (and tonight with a full tank of gas), and the car pulls light a freight train at highway speeds.

There are some areas that need some tweaking. I did not notice the power loss in 2nd gear that is the subject of another thread. However, if the TC is locked up in 3rd and you allow the car to coast down (still locked up) to say, 25 MPH, then lightly touch the throttle, the TC remains locked and the motor bogs. Just touching the throttle slightly more causes the TC to unlock and the tranny downshifts into 2nd. Aric is working on this.

The other problem is at WOT (at least in my car) where the transmission is trying to shift into OD at speeds over 90 mph. It shifts into OD, then immediately downshifts, then tries to go back into OD. back and forth. If you disengage OD for the WOT run everything is fine, and you can engage OD when reaching the desired speed. I need to talk to Aric about it. He noticed it happening on the dyno, and thought maybe it was only doing it because it was on the dyno. Nope. Does it on the interstate, too.

In short, those of us in the ATL area are extremely fortunate to have this resource, because not only will you get an optimal setup for your TC, but Aric will custom program it for your liking (and I may just have him bump up the pressures to restore some of the shift hardness).

I am all ears

Donny, Aric tuned my car about a month ago and I notice much the same behavior. I am overall extremely pleased but I would be very interested in some fine tuning also.

Why don't those of us who have installed the PI converter with the Arik tune all get together with Aric one Saturday and tune them all at once? It may be easier on Aric and fun for all of us.

Bob

383 4-speed w air grabber

Blog Entries
    %, I have had the shift into OD @ WOT too early on a particular SCT tune, but not on 4 other SCT tunes I tried.
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump