Thread: Computer Updates?

Computer Updates?

I own a 2003 MM and have been reading articles, etc. concerning computer updates/downloads that should be made on the car's computer.
    1. Is this true?
    2. Where do you get these updates/downloads?
    3. Who installs them?

Thanks

The dealer does them, but unless you'e experiencing poor performance, or some other type of problems w/the way your cars is running, then those updates might not apply to your car, and probably won't improve anything. What I'm saying is, if it aint broke, don't fix it......

I also have an 03 and I never bothered w/that. Ofcourse I purchased a chip within two months of my purchase of my Marauder, so if you have a chip, you wouldn't need any computer updates anyway since the chip overrides the computer settings anyway. but maybe someone else here who had the update done to their Marauder will weigh-in on this for you.

The only thing a dealer reprogram can do is fix a known problem, such as a cold morning stall... We don't have the ability to change transmission pressures or timing curves. It will not improve your quarter mile times or firm up shifts, you need an aftermarket chip or tuner for that.
    Current:
    2004 SB

Sold:
    17th of 3213 2004 Marauders
    9th DTR of 982
    and best of all,
    71st Trilogy

2003 TR Mach 1
    2012 RR BOSS 302
    2014 RR GT500
    2003 AB Mach 1

Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGman
    The dealer does them, but unless you'e experiencing poor performance, or some other type of problems w/the way your cars is running, then those updates might not apply to your car, and probably won't improve anything. What I'm saying is, if it aint broke, don't fix it......

I also have an 03 and I never bothered w/that. Ofcourse I purchased a chip within two months of my purchase of my Marauder, so if you have a chip, you wouldn't need any computer updates anyway since the chip overrides the computer settings anyway. but maybe someone else here who had the update done to their Marauder will weigh-in on this for you.

Thread Information