Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More emphasis on Grand Marquis

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)

More emphasis on Grand Marquis

http://www.autonews.com/article.cms?articleId=41975

This is good NEWS for the Marauder as well. Ford has a great car in the Panther platform, they've let it slide as far as advertising goes in the last few years.

Mark McQuaide Guest
    The new '03 GM got a pretty favorable column in the latest Road&track. Ford did a nice job with the new front suspension and steering.

OK, I never quite figured all this out. Did WE get the new frame first, or did CV/GM/TC? I know they came out before us, but wasn't OUR cars the one who provoked the chassis upgrade?

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    They all got the new frame/suspension changes at the same time. They held up producing the Marauder just for the new changes
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

RCSignals: Thats about right. L-M held off almost 4 years with the MM till the GM update's were put into play. They build the '03 MM in April-May to sell as '03 in July! I think the '98 Vagas show was the first time the world saw the MM. Long time to sit on the side lines? For me it was worth it!
    I judge form the response to this site I am not alone?

Big Dog
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

Mark McQuaide Guest
    I think they would have updated the GM and CV anyway - they were due. The MM just took advantage of it.

Way I heard it, the frame (and lots of other neat stuff) was developed for the MM, and we got the goodies first. But I don't have any inside track either, it's just the way I heard it. Oh, hey...funny story?

Yesterday, (Monday afternoon) I stop at the Walgreens' on the way home to get a prescription filled. As I'm walking back to my car, I see that a spotless '03 GM, all black, has parked next to my MM. The geezer is out from behind the wheel and looking over my car. By the time I get there, he looks at me and says "kids ain't got no respect for nothing these days, do they." I pause, give him my best geezer look and say, "left it with my grandson for the holidays, said he just wanted to freshen her up." Geezer says "Shame aint it, no respect." I smiled and replied "I got his keys." He says "never again, eh?" "Nope, never again." As I get in, geezer says "at least he didn't pierce anything." and as I start her up, the geezer winces, sticks his fingers in his ears as I pull away.

Never again, is right.

Guess you had to be there...
    Last edited by SergntMac; 01-14-2003 at 08:01 AM.

Andrew10AE Guest
    Thanks for making my day, Sarge... thats the best laugh I've had in a while

Sarge: Thats too too funny! I have had the same thing only with a woman about my age. She had a blue GM brand new parked next her to get a coffee at 7-11 and when I come out she just looks at me and shakes her head?? What did I do? I just simle and drive away.
    Some people.

Big Dog
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

BigDog, she wanted you, you big sexy devil...Next time, remember the word nooner.

Damn my generation and my MTV music! HEY, wait a sec... I dont' even watch that gay MTV crap! What gives? Gotta be the rims...

Mercury Marauder--the fountain of youth!

Fountain of youth?!?! Geez... that'd make me like 5 when I drive then! I don't think this car is at all meant for only baby boomers. EVERYONE at my school loves the car! I couldn't tell you how many girls ask me on the way out, "Can you take me home Rick?" Guys too... but they just want me to get on it. Sigh... to be a teenager...

Guys too... but they just want me to get on it.
    Better hope that's what they want

Well this old geezer can remember getting the same treatment during the '60's when I pulled into malls, gas stations, etc. with my Shelby GT350 by guys/gals my age at that time (mid-30's). In fact I remember getting the same looks for my hot rod '50 Ford Convert from the 20's age group I was in at that time. Face it guys (and gals), there's those of us that understand what we've got and love it. And those that'll never understand regardless of age group. If you love these cars, it starts young and doesn't end 'till you're planted. And most of the world around us won't understand. Too bad for them!

Love 'em, drive 'em, polish 'em, and most of all, don't take the smile off your face.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information