Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: user activity

user activity

Maybe it is the times i'm on this site ..But, there seems to be much LESS activity since the MM was discontinued. I do not have any statistics .. does this seem true to other members? Like today I got on [was on last night ] around 1:00 and only activity on THREE posts... don't think any new ones.. .. LET me be the FIRST to:: YA A'll

Sites like this have their ups and downs. I only post when I feel my .02 is worth it and I don't even own a MM.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

I was on vacation since last Saturday 7th...I figured I'd report back in and create some activity
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

It's a roller coaster in activity, yes. And another reason to consider a little slowness every once in awhile, is mod saturation. We're all catching up in keeping up with the Joneses.

I really havent seen that much of a drop, infact we just gained a few more members to a local group. I'm sure it has to do with perception too.

summertime is a popular time to "take off" for a while. even here in florida. if you'll take a look, you'll see the all time record number of users online was set in the middle of winter.

when i used to run a bbs activity would always drop in the summer. Being a sysop was even called a 'winter sport'. don't worry.
    "Come to me, Superman! I defy you! Come and kneel before Zod! Zod! "

Summer Vacations

I agree that summer time is family/vacation time. IMO most people tend to spend less time on line.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

If anything, the site hasn't been this busy since October 2003. We're averaging over 1080 visitors per day and 3600 page views per day...It usually hovers around 950-1000 visitors and 3000 page views...

Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac
    It's a roller coaster in activity, yes. And another reason to consider a little slowness every once in awhile, is mod saturation. We're all catching up in keeping up with the Joneses.
    Well said Mac. Work is getting hectic and I kinda got a hangover from getting ready for Indy that I need to shake off. I'm going to sit out a few rounds and enjoy for awhile.

I'll be hanging out and watching all the action though...

...never know when I'll get the itch to top it all off.

- JD
    Currently Marauderless but looking

Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac
    .....And the Zacks, and the Macs, and the Lidio's, and the Reinhardts, and the Todds and the Martys and the Marauderchicks etc............

03 Marauder 300A, 6 CD Changer, tint, SS Inserts, McGard wheel locks, Full Stainless Works 3 inch exaust and long tube headers, DynoTech MMX driveshaft, Spoiler, Full godshead treatment, Mack & Marty fender badges, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, 4.10's, FIT/ProCharger Racing Team Member #019(Mine)
    04 DTR Cd Changer, moon roof, heated seats, trunk organizor, McGard wheel locks,
    SS Inserts, Spoiler, tint, godshead stearing wheel badge, Badgless Grill & trunk, Densos & 180 t-stat, Megs Resonator Delete Tips, Flowmaster 40's, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, Superchips 9100 SCT tuner, JTL CAI, and 4.10's. (hers)
    67 Galaxie 500
    96 F250 EXT Cab 4X4 Pwerstroke
    2013 Lowe SS210
    98 Mustang convertible
    2005 Sportcoach Cross Country 376DS

I've got a severe case of mod burnout after adding up exactly how much cash is up in this Marauder of mine... Amazing how quick it adds up. Not even considering the paint job, I didn't even have to strain a brain cell to put the number over $20k above and beyond the cost of the car...

Don't think I've ever gone this nuts on a car before...Well, the 69 Cougar was a close second, but I stopped at about $17k on that one and that was total cost...

I should just go buy a Buick Century or something completely not exciting. I'd be friggin rich.

donatios

Quote Originally Posted by Logan
    I've got a severe case of mod burnout after adding up exactly how much cash is up in this Marauder of mine... Amazing how quick it adds up. Not even considering the paint job, I didn't even have to strain a brain cell to put the number over $20k above and beyond the cost of the car...

Don't think I've ever gone this nuts on a car before...Well, the 69 Cougar was a close second, but I stopped at about $17k on that one and that was total cost...

I should just go buy a Buick Century or something completely not exciting. I'd be friggin rich.
    Logan didn't most of the venders " Donate " to your cause?
    P.S. let me be the first to....HEY WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FISHSLAP? ...Got to have the fish-slap

Quote Originally Posted by chrish
    P.S. let me be the first to....HEY WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FISHSLAP? ...Got to have the fish-slap
    Here it is!

Talking No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Logan
    I can see it now "buickcentury.net"

Too too funny!
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information