Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Woodward Dream Cruise 1st Annual Meet A Huge Success!

MI2QWK4U Guest

Woodward Dream Cruise 1st Annual Meet A Huge Success!

From what I could see, the Motor City Marauders 1st Annual Woodward Dream Cruise Meet exceeded my wildest expectations, not by a little, but by a seeming longshot! I can easily say this rivialed the National meets in intensity and enthusiasm. Our club added more members, most of which were local michigan folks that were cruising Woodward, saw our huge display of Marauders, all parked 3 feet off Woodward! The look on their face was priceless! Most stopped in on the return trip and visited and even joined us in our display, joined the club, and enjoyed our usual "Marauder" hospitality. I need to double check, but the best count was at least(if not more) 25 or 26 Marauders! We had every color represented, from bone stock to show stopping built, like Lidio, Mike, and mine. Kirk and Larry also brought up their 1963 Marauders as well. Kirk also recieved a certificate from Ford Motor Company, presented by Steve Babcock, for being the first retail customer for the first Marauder sold in the country!
    The site itself was second to none, I think Mike will agree with me, this was the biggest undertaking either of us have taken on, ever. Planning and adding additional and better parking space was just finished last week. The site was easily the best we could have hoped for when it came to displaying as many Marauders as we had and make a huge visual impact to both the crowds on the sidewalk and those cruising, we were right in the middle of the sidewalk and the roadway, it was beautiful!
    We attracted local Media, both television and the local radio stations interviewed us. Imagine this folks, I heard that the cruise attracts 30,000 + cars, and this year the police said there were more than that. In that number of cars along a 10 mile stretch, we had the largest display of the same car of anywhere along that 10 miles of the Woodward Cruise.
    This was brought to us by the local Media folks, hows that for how your group is described at the World's Largest Car Show...To top it off, if that is possible, Steve and Carol Babcock were our guests for the day. It was truely an honor to spend time with Steve and have him shoot the breeze with a very happy bunch of Marauder owners! Folks were having fun finding new and improved things for Steve to sign!
    In closing I have to thank so many folks for stepping up and helping Mike and I out. I can honestly say that I have never worked as hard at something like this before, ever. 5 hours of sleep the last couple of nights, solving problems, directing traffic, listening to suggestions, etc etc! Mike and I figured we got to sit down a total of maybe 1 hour the last two days at the cruise! BUT, without Mikes wife Angie, Jerry Barnes, Darryl, Mike A., Paul, Robert, Paul E., and every other person that helped out, this event would not have been the HUGE success that it turned out to be. I owe you guys a huge THANKS, you made this thing what it was.

To the other members out there that missed this one, its gonna happen again next year. We have already negotiated another location, even better than this one, for next year. There is no reason we cant make this the huge event it deserves to be. Ask the guys that came from out of town, and had never seen a Dream Cruise before, see what they say! Mostly that they had never dreamed of something like this in their wildest immagination! Keep it in mind folks, biggest car event in the world, and you can have a front row seat, really, front row...a foot off Woodward! Plenty of time to think about it.

Now, having said that, I will let those that participated in the Cruise speak up and tell you what they thought!

PS...I may have to edit this tomorrow cause I am really, really, really tired!

Wow Dave!! Great news. Thanks for letting those of us that didn't get to go live vicariously through you.

What a day! I think I spent 14 of the 15 hours there today on my feet talking about the Marauders. If you were standing along Woodward, you would hear, "Wow, look at all those Marauders" or people on the sidewalk and walking through our display overheard to say "I'm standing in a sea of Marauders". I'll let some of the other guys talk about the classic cars running up and down Woodward, but needless to say that the word awesome fits into the description. We will strive for bigger and better next year, I'll be right there with you Dave and Mike.

While the Dream Cruise is officially over on Saturday night, it looks like a few of us will be in and out on Sunday at various times, I hope to get over there sometime between 11-12 for an hour or so.

In closing, we want to thank Varsity Lincoln Mercury for their sponsorship as well as are continuing club member/sponsors Trilogy Motorsport and Alternative Auto. It was great having everyone there!
    2003 Marauder, 300A, Black/Dark Charcoal
    Adopted August 8, 2007. Retired August 8 2014. Trilogy #234 installed May 2011, SS Inserts, Factory spoiler, widened rims, Nittos, Permachrome rims, 3.2 blower pulley.

2004 DTR/Dark Charcoal,
    Adopted: April 2004 Retired: February 2006
    Trilogy #34 Supercharger,SS Inserts,Factory spoiler,K&N AirCharger,Moonroof,Heated seats,6 disc

2003 300A, Black,
    Adopted: June 2002 Retired: April 2004
    Rienhart stage one.

Possible tent mix up

I have it worked out now. It is the correct tent.
    Last edited by MarauderMike; 08-22-2004 at 06:02 AM.
    2003 Marauder, 300A, Black/Dark Charcoal
    Adopted August 8, 2007. Retired August 8 2014. Trilogy #234 installed May 2011, SS Inserts, Factory spoiler, widened rims, Nittos, Permachrome rims, 3.2 blower pulley.

2004 DTR/Dark Charcoal,
    Adopted: April 2004 Retired: February 2006
    Trilogy #34 Supercharger,SS Inserts,Factory spoiler,K&N AirCharger,Moonroof,Heated seats,6 disc

2003 300A, Black,
    Adopted: June 2002 Retired: April 2004
    Rienhart stage one.

MI2QWK4U Guest
    Here are a few quick shots of the event...

MI2QWK4U Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by martyo
    Wow Dave!! Great news. Thanks for letting those of us that didn't get to go live vicariously through you.
    I already have you down on my ATTENDING list for next year Marty! Don't dissapoint!

bigslim Guest
    First off, let me start by saying thank you to Mike Z. and Dave for pulling off such a success MM meet at the Dream Cruise. I would also like to thank MarauderMike for getting us Varsity Lincoln Mercury as a sponsor. Thank you to Varsity Lincoln Mercury for sending us a loaded new silver MM for display. Thank you to Jerry and Lidio for their help. To all the members that stepped up and allowed useage of their cars for organizing, thank you. Thank you to Steve and Carol Babcock for stopping by and spending so much time with us. Steve, you gotta get one of these great cars! I would also like to give a big thank you to Angie, Mike's wife for being a great hostess and being such a lovely person (also thanks to the kids for their hard work too). As Dave said earlier, we had a couple new people that came by and joined our family. They are very welcomed to join us for any of our events. I can honestly say that I have never answered as many questions about these cars as I did today. With all the classic cars roaming down Wooward, people could not help but stop by and gaze at our cars. "People Love Marauders". Thank you to our extended family for coming and maiking it a success. Mark, Steve and Bradley will tell you "We know how to throw a cruise here in this city". We all cannot wait until next year when we get a bigger and better location. Do yourselves a favor and experiance the cruise for yourself next year. By the way, I will be posting pictures in the gallery. Please enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim
    By the way, I will be posting pictures in the gallery. Please enjoy.
    I just created a new category under Events in the Gallery for the Woodward Dream Cruise 1st Annual Meet 2004.

bigslim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MM03MOK
    I just created a new category under Events in the Gallery for the Woodward Dream Cruise 1st Annual Meet 2004.
    I have moved them to the Woodward Dream Cruise gallery. Thank you for setting it up.
    Last edited by bigslim; 08-21-2004 at 10:29 PM.

WesM63 Guest

Heck of a show

Hello guys,
    Nope sorry don't own a marauder, however always have been a big fan of them and I bleed blue at heart. Anywase, I wanted to drop by and say Hello and Heck of a car show at the WDC.

Mike Z. is a good friend of mine (from his other hobby), I promised him I would come check the WDC and the HUGE display of Marauders. I was privileged enough to get a ride in Mike's car and watch him do a few Smokey burn-outs after the WDC got shut down. After that lil ride with Mike, I have a new respect for Marauders

Anywase, Heck of a show guys and I’ll see you all next year at WDC.

-Wes (sorry I own a 1987 Porsche 944 Turbo)

Looks like the weather was perfect!

Might have to pencil this in for next summer

Glad a great time was had by all....
    Silver 2004 Marauder
    Trilogy #48 (SOLD April 2014)

1984 Mustang GT, stock, 60,000 original miles (SOLD August 2013)

2017 Ram Rebel 1500, Silver: 5.7 Hemi, Lots of extras...
    Previous: 2014 Durango R/T

Quote Originally Posted by MI2QWK4U
    I already have you down on my ATTENDING list for next year Marty! Don't dissapoint!
    Dave:

You are killing me. It looks like you guys also had perfect weather too! Dayum you guys in Motown have all the fun!!

Start thinking of a place for me to store Legal Knievil (you know I don't do those cross country treks behind the wheel) and he will be headed your way. I will be out there too. Perhaps all of this can be a WDC/FFW - Norwalk package trip for me?

I have spoken to everyone I know about WDC and they all say that it is an event like no other. Although I must admit, I have spoken too a few lawyers who don't get it. I guess that's why I sat in the back of my law school class.

I will see you guys next year (if not sooner) for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by MI2QWK4U
    From what I could see, the Motor City Marauders 1st Annual Woodward Dream Cruise Meet exceeded my wildest expectations, not by a little, but by a seeming longshot! "...snip..." In that number of cars along a 10 mile stretch, we had the largest display of the same car of anywhere along that 10 miles of the Woodward Cruise.
    This was brought to us by the local Media folks, hows that for how your group is described at the World's Largest Car Show...
    Looks like the Motor City Marauders do it up right. Great pics and great weather !!! Thanks for posting on the Woodward Dream Cruise events.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Yes Martyo,A good time was had by all and yes the weather was perfect.My feet are killing me and my voice is not to good but thats what comes with having a 17hour cruise(I got there at 5am to make sure things were ok) Dave and the Mikes kept things running smooth,Darryl brought his father(You are a good son)Wes who just recently had a pacemaker installed brought his family,Kirk and Larry with there`63s made sure that the people knew where we came from.Jerry,Thank you for all your help buy bringing a fleet of cars to help keep the squatters out and the drinks and of course your fantastic Marauders.Master tuner Lidio,Robert Epson like myself made sure that anyone who was interested in our cars was givin all the Info they needed,John O`Brian(sorry about the mix up)Dan Wasson,Paul Erlander and his son,Jerry Danger(with the only Blue Marauder in the bunch),Out of towners Mark,BradleyG,Neon Frank and Marlene and the others that I can`t remember made this my best Dream cruise ever.And thank you to Steve Babcock for making these cars possable(and the autograph)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hack Goby; 08-23-2004 at 04:45 PM.

MI2QWK4U Guest
    Marty, we have plenty of places to store your ride if you sent it out. Make your plans now... We are!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information