Thread: ATL visit

Talking ATL visit

I just got home from my visit to the ATL. On Saturday, I arrived at the cracker barrel around 7:45am (my hotel shared the same parking lot so that was easy). I talked to everyone and before we headed into the restaurant, Todd and I went over to Team Ford to drop off my car to have my new Baer Breaks, real Autometer gauges, and a custom tune. I’ll get back to the great crew there later. On the way back Todd let me drive his car back to the cracker barrel. Man, does that car handle and sound great, the metco products defiantly help the car feel and handle like it’s a much smaller car. Got back to the cracker barrel quickly, and had a good breakfast and great conversation.

Afterwards we looked at everyone’s cars. FordNut showed off his custom intake, which looked great. Everyone’s cars looked great. After chat’n around we all headed back to Team Ford. When we got there Jason was just finishing up on the Baer’s. I have to say Scott and Jason did a great job on the install, can not compliment them enough. Job well done! After the installs were done Todd and I drove over to Butler Tire to have the car speed balanced, since the weights have to be removed for clearance. While that was getting done, Marauderchick got to show off her car. Saw the install of Gonzo’s watts link. And got to see and talk about the car that shall not be named……. But I did see something that looked like “Stanley K was here” on the under carriage, not sure what that meant though.

We drove back to get my car from the balancing, and Patrick drove my car back to Team Ford to get a feel of what a stage 1 set up feels like. Next up on my to do list was get a custom dynotune from Aric. When it was my turn he got a base line with the Jerry W. tune of 256.6 RWH/ 278.2 ft-lbs torque. When he worked his magic he upped the numbers to 263.3/284.1 with increases across the board. He even did a custom shift point at the 1-2 shift for me. While having it tuned, I was talking to a nice owner of an CV sport who said he checks in on the site. After the tune, Gonzo and I went to check out the new tune and have some fun. Needless to say we had some fun cruzing around a little. Went back to Team Ford and gave Aric the Thumbs up on the tune.

On my drive home today, I saw the same CV owner on I-75 south and then A MM going northbound on I-75 just north of Florida state line. It was a nice 10 hour drive home which went well. I just want to say Thank you so much to Southern Marauders for a warm welcome, and to Team Ford for such great work. And a special thank you to Todd for helping me get this together. You’re a great project manager. I am also proud to call all of you friends.

PS wish I could have met you Donny, but I know he was unable to get there. Thank you again.

Bill
    Last edited by SouLRioT; 08-24-2004 at 07:25 PM.

Bill,

It was a REAL pleasure having you...and did you tell the Sunshine State Marauders that you and I exchanged "secret handshakes" and made each other honorary members of the Southern/Sunshine State Marauder groups, yet. Ya know...you might catch some flack for letting a guy like me in...

Glad you made it back safe, sorry I had to leave for the hospital and missed your tune, but...I KNEW you were in good hands with Aric.

Take care, my friend...and let me know if there is anything else you'd like to have the Team do for you...they are the best!

I have to say that TEAM FORD is the best place. I'd drive up there again for my next major mod.

Patrick Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SouLRioT
    I have to say that TEAM FORD is the best place. I'd drive up there again for my next major mod.

Here are the print outs from my dyno tune: first one is my before and after, the second one is just the final read numbers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information