Thread: Recent 1/4 mile time...

Post Recent 1/4 mile time...

Today at Island Raceway I ran a somewhat disappointing 15.41 / 93mph. However, the altitude there and the 96 degree heat/humidity offers some explanation. Still, I was hoping for a lower time. I even removed the spare tire. Suggestions for future: increase tire pressure all around. Looking at the video, the tires are soft. Also, cooling the engine prior to the run will will make a difference in this heat. Well, just thought I'd offer these numbers to those interested. Next run will be at Raceway Park in Englishtown NJ hopefully some cool evening.

That's about right... With 4.10 gears and a chip, I ran 15.0's in the same temps.... It certainly feels like it has alot more potential though.

But the from factory performance is lacking for sure...60ft's absolutely blow chunks.

Logan,
    Thanks for the encouragement. I plan to add a supercharger this spring, chip and possibly gears. Its going to be a daily driver so I plan to keep it simple. I just want to make it more like the '91 5.0 Mustang I have. I am confident by the spring there will be a supercharger combo that will be perfect, although I know there are some already.

Originally posted by tvdone
    Logan,
    Thanks for the encouragement. I plan to add a supercharger this spring, chip and possibly gears. Its going to be a daily driver so I plan to keep it simple. I just want to make it more like the '91 5.0 Mustang I have. I am confident by the spring there will be a supercharger combo that will be perfect, although I know there are some already.
    A supercharger is staying simple?

Johnny

Thread Information