Thread: Part number needed / brake line

Part number needed / brake line

I was wondering if anyone was able to find a part number for me on a Sunday?

I need a new brake line; the one that runs from the most forward portion of the master cylinder to the distribution box 'RF' position. It is braided near the master cylinder.

See my Line Loc thread for further explaination.
    2017 Niro

Well,... it's not in the Helm manual,... but, I can tell you that the fitting is torqued at 13 ft. lbs.! lol

I wish I could find a COMPREHENSIVE parts manual for the Marauder!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Petrograde
    Well,... it's not in the Helm manual,... but, I can tell you that the fitting is torqued at 13 ft. lbs.! lol
    I can assure you that when it started leaking...I torqued it a hell of alot more that that!!
    2017 Niro

I can check on monday. Most brake lines are custom made to fit and not ordered. However, those shaped lines are common if equipped w/ABS.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Thanks Roy! I'll have Jessica check the net for and call me. Sometimes it's easier to give an exact part number to the guy at the parts counter. Those micro fische are really hard to read...
    2017 Niro

Quote Originally Posted by CRUZTAKER
    I can assure you that when it started leaking...I torqued it a hell of alot more that that!!
    AH HA! I think I figured out the problem!

Barry, it's sold as a bundle of lines. There are two listed for Marauder but doesn't state the difference. I think one is for with traction control and one is for without. If you give me your vin I can email Ford for a clarification. RAY

Thanks Ray....odd to see you online so late on a Sunday, but good for me!

I figured I couldn't buy just one line. I need the braided one, forwardmost on the Master Cylinder.

PM coming with VIN....walking to garage.....
    2017 Niro

Thumbs up

Yeah, was on vacation since last Tues. Had to come in today to get my sales figures for an 8am Mgr. meeting and clear up some paper work so I don't have a pile to face tomorrow morning. I though I'd read the net while I was here and decided to answer some question. You know me, always on the job. LOL RAY

What Ray said is correct. Sorry for the delay. Been busy the last few days.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Thread Information