Thread: 2003 or 2004?

ozob Guest

2003 or 2004?

I have a black '03 B model. I got it last August and have less than 10k miles. Several dealers in the area have '04's on the lot. Is the transmission better in the '04? Will the red metallic color hold up as well as the black? Would you sell your '03 to get an '04 if you planned to keep it for a very long time? Red vs Black (or silver)? Let me know what you think... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ozob
    I have a black '03 B model. I got it last August and have less than 10k miles. Several dealers in the area have '04's on the lot. Is the transmission better in the '04? Will the red metallic color hold up as well as the black? Would you sell your '03 to get an '04 if you planned to keep it for a very long time? Red vs Black (or silver)? Let me know what you think... Thanks!

Welcome aboard. Several members of this site traded or sold their 2003 Marauder and purchased a 2004. Black is a tuff color and IMO the DTR will hold up better. I am keeping mine.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

Tranny is an upgrade, but most agree if you add a lot of "giddyap" mods it will still need some massaging.

Don't know much about paint durability but the guys that I know that do say modern urethane paints and clearcoats are very good.

I like my silver birch and a lighter shade isn't quite as quick to show up small imperfections. Black is the most demanding, it shows every tiny flaw.

I have 7700 miles and I am already getting a brake upgrade as it is the one thing that doesn't "match".

All my mods are listed.

I have a black '03 B model. I got it last August and have less than 10k miles.
    So where have you been ??? Welcome to the MM.Net.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

2005Marauder Guest
    My wife and I both like the '04 DTR better.

I mainly traded because with the lower price, the rebates, and 0% financing, my payment went down almost $75/month.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder
    So where have you been ??? Welcome to the MM.Net.
    Yea what he said!!^^^

You were here a few months ago and then disappeared. I sent you some PMs about upcoming meets, but you never replied.

Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

bigslim Guest
    I did get rid of my 2003 Blk one for a 2004 Silver one. I did this because I plan on keeping this car forever. I also figured that the silver will be easier to keep up and will wear better. Since this car isn't being built anymore I figured this will be my Dream Cruise car for the next 30 yrs or so. I can tell you that the 04' is a little better off the line than the 03'. I guess you have to make the decision yourself as to which one will better serve you.

bigslim Guest
    I forgot to add that I do miss some of the features that are not on the 04'. I miss the stand alone clock, underhood light, and fuel filler door release. I kept my full size spare.

My 02 CVPI has the fuel door release. I wish the 04 MM had it. I wonder if it can be added....

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

Quote Originally Posted by Defyant
    My 02 CVPI has the fuel door release. I wish the 04 MM had it. I wonder if it can be added....
    You're in luck, VegasMarauder has scoped out the parts and details the procedure very well. After gathering together the finished parts I put mine on in about 2 hrs.

He's also lined out the job of putting in an automatic parking brake release. Now if somebody would just grind out a locking steering wheel job...

Thread Information