Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New SCT Hand Flasher -- Xcalibrator 9300

The New SCT Hand Flasher -- Xcalibrator 9300

We’ve started to get the new hand held tuner from the guys over at SCT this week and I thought I’d show what they look like and the new pricing.

They no longer have a screen like the 9100’s did. They simply have a few LED’s and a couple of buttons to select one of the three programs you may want to load up. At first I thought they were a little bit cheaper looking since they were smaller and lacked the display. But once I got used to it after just a couple of tries, I found that it’s easier and faster then the 9100 to use. Basically if you can turn you ignition on and off once and know how to work a house old TV remote control… your all set. The current version uses serial cable for programming but in a few weeks we’re supposed to see a USB version.

The pricing on these is cheaper then the 9100’s too. It looks like were going to ask around $425.00 for these with our very successful and well liked Marauder tune that can be ordered with stock or 4.10 axle calibrations.
    Our performance chip price for the MMs is still $350.00.

Just to recap or remind a little, our MM tune for N/A applications adds about 15-RWHP. But it’s not the RWHP that has sold our MM tune. It’s many other features we incorporate into it that make for better off idle throttle response and above all what we do for the trans shifting and torque converter lock-up that has pleased many MM customers this past summer.

Now that the Xcalibrator has come out we can flash many other Fords that we could not until now. Like the new 04-05 F-150s, the new ’05 Mustang and a bunch of others that did not have a chip/service port.

For those who are interested, we’re almost done with our performance tune for the new 3-Valve, 5.4L F-150 truck. I’ve applied the same tuning philosophy and methods on the new F-150 as I did the Marauder and many other late model automatic equipped Ford’s. We’ve improved shifting, much better “fly-by-wire” throttle input and response, no lock-up till about 65mph in 4th gear only, extended the rev limiter and raised shift points at WOT extensively.

We found that the stock 5.4L 3-valve shifts at 4800 at WOT and is rev limited to about 5200rpm.
    We discovered that the engine will pull and continue to make good power till about 5600-5800rpms!! So we moved the rev limiter up to 6000rpms and the shifts at WOT are now around 5700rpms. We even played with the variable cam timing stuff a little and found some more power in the higher revs as well, plus extracted as much low end out of it as we could with ignition timing. I’ve been driving a test ’04 F-150 with our program back and forth from stock to the good tune and the difference is quite noticeable, especially the improvements we make to the response of the fly-by-wire throttle control stuff.

Also some thing note worthy…. Trilogy is almost done with their Eaton blower kit for the new 3-valve, 5.4L, F-150’s too. Should see some thing for those trucks this winter.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

I may not be at the top (yet) but definitely on top of things.

Lidio Iacobelli
    Alternativeauto.com

(586)-949-7505

Thanks for the 411 Lidio!
    2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

I recieved my Excalibrator tuned by Lidio last night. After a disasterous experience with a Superchip in a '96 GT years ago, I vowed never to buy a chip again. When the SCT 9100 came out it was tempting, but the price seemed a little on the high side. With the Excalibrator coming in at $100 cheaper, it was easy an easy decision to take the plunge.

I must say that in terms of ease of use, the Excalibrator is very impressive. It took less than five minutes to get the job done and the instructions that were included were easy to follow. I am very glad that I went this route instead of a chip, easy access under the dash and going back to the stock program for dealer visits will be a piece of cake.

As for the tune, the improvement in shift quality is dramatic. No more of the stumbling and fumbling at part throttle that I found so annoying with the stock program. The car holds gears well and bangs the 1-2 shift nice and hard. Throttle response also appears to be improved to some degree. If the Marauder came with such a program from the factory, it might still be around. It certainly feels like it is now making the most of its 281 cubes.

Overall, I strongly recommend the Excalibrator to those looking to tune ther Marauder. With its reduced cost and ease of use, its certainly a winning combination. And secondly, I recomend Lidio's tune. It does a lot to make the Marauder driving experience a lot more pleasurable without any undesirable side effects.
    2012 Mustang GT500
    2001 Corvette Z06
    1992 Cadillac Brougham d'Elegance 5.7L

Previous MMs:
    2003 Dark Blue Pearl/Charcoal
    2003 Black/Charcoal 300A

ADE 1000

I’m glad to hear you’re happy with the new Xcalibrator and the Marauder tune we’ve supplied you with. I’m hoping to some day lower the price even more on the Xcalibrator but for now the new $425.00 price tag with a Marauder program that actually works, seems to do the trick for our customers.

In a few weeks we will offer a tune with the same result and feel as the Marauder, for the new 3-vavle, 5.4L -- F-150’s.
    We actually found substantial improvements on the F-150 because of how much Ford’s tune short changes the engines rev range. Plus Ford recommends only 87 octane, so when you step it up to premium and play with the timing a little, they really come to life.
    But just like the MM’s, all the trans and torque converter stuff we do is where our tune really pays off on the new F-150’s too.

And also we now have a new tune for the ’05 Mustang 3-valve. We haven’t done any thing for the automatic ’05 Mustang yet, only the stick shift cars so far. Just like the 3-valve F-150, Ford recommends 87 octane on the new mustang as well. By stepping it up to premium and fixing some of the “Throttle-by-wire” lagy factory stuff. We’ve managed to come up with a pretty impressive tune for mostly stock ’05 Mustang GT’s.

Thanks for your business and keep us posted if you need any thing.

Lidio Iacobelli
    Alternativeauto.com

(586)-949-7505

Bull Guest
    Quick question Lidio, the no TC lock-up until 65mph, is that at WOT only or is that at all throttle positions? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bull View Post
    Quick question Lidio, the no TC lock-up until 65mph, is that at WOT only or is that at all throttle positions? Thanks

The lock-up schedule that I do with the MM and many other automatic Ford's is like this.... no lock-up what so ever in any gear except for OD at speeds greater then usually 63 MPH. And it will lock in OD at WOT.

Thanks

Lidio Iacobelli
    Alternativeauto.com

(586)-949-7505

+1 to Lidio's Tune!!

I had a Lidio Chip when I was still N/A. Man-o-man....WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! I have said it before, and will say it again.... THAT is the way the car should have came!!!

KillJoy

Bull Guest
    Thanks for the quick reply, so if I were to leave the OD on, the TC would be locked once it shifted to 4th at any speed, correct? And once I turned the OD off it would not lock until approx 63 mph. I just want to make sure I understand correctly. Thanks again.

Bull Guest
    never mind, after reading it again I understand.
    - no lock-up in any gear but OD
    - only OD locks up, and it does so at approx 63 mph

How do I order mines?

this thread is soooooo old
    2006 P71 Vortech V3 Air -Air 10lb boost 373 gears
    Dyno Tuned By Joe Dasilvia Raceing ,magnaflow mufflers best ET to date 13.63 , 103mph St thomas raceway June 2010

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRauder702 View Post
    How do I order mines?
    Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    this thread is soooooo old
    Yup, old tread for sure, but you can get an X-Cal, preloaded with some spiffy tunes from either Mo's

http://www.mosspeedshop.com/forum/

or Lidio's shop:

http://www.alternativeauto.com/Home.html

Both are vendors here, and both have received rave reviews.

2003 300B DBP
    Build date: 6/19/03
    Number 7,792 of 7,838 - 326 of 328
    Proud member of the MM "BLUES" Bros.
    Purchased: 11/10/05
    Eaton swap by ImpalaSlayer 11-09-10

Semper et in Aeternum, Mercurius.

In Memory:
    2004 DTR
    Build Date 01/27/04
    Purchased 04/04/04
    Wrecked 10/19/05, R.I.P.

At least he searched... Lol! He's a vendor here under Alternative Auto from Michigan.
    Last edited by TAKEDOWN; 02-05-2013 at 11:35 PM.
    "Damned if I do, damned if I don't!"
    Member #8831

MERIDEATH aka "Purrrty Mean" was born on June 20, 2002.
    Production #1685 of 7,838 and is #1685 of 7093 Black Beasts.
    Delivered July 27th 2002, she revealed herself.
    Unable to be tamed by her 1st owner, she was left to roam about & raid in search of plunder.
    Through the pillage she became mine on January 23, 2008 and since then...
    "She's tryin' to make a Devil out of me!"
    -"TaKe 'Em D0wN!" TRILOGY TwinScrew #209 / TS0019-

I want to send props to "Lidio Tune" what a differance a Lidio tune makes, after trying 2 tunes from other speed shops I decided to try lidio tune and I'm glad I Did!
    This company knows marauders,
    Thank you again well worth it you are the man hands down.
    "BIGNELSTER" AKA NELSON

Sent from my mac air using Tapatalk

Love my Lidio tune.

Question....If I add 4.10's do I need a new tune?
    2003B Blk: #6304 of 7838

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information