Thread: Burned rubber removal

Burned rubber removal

Hey guys, I dont know how , but I have burned rubber all over my wheelwells and the bottoms of my rear bumper. Anyone know how to get it off without scratching the paint? thanks in advance
    Blake
    2002 Crown Vic LX sport *SOLD* but still in the family

1985 monte carlo SS 477 rwhp T56 - parted out to go to law school

On the hunt for the Marauder I tried to get back in 2002!

ERBM Guest
    If its not been on too long you can wash it off. I can't remember the name, but there is a liquid used to remove it. You can try looking at the jegs or summit racing websites or a local speedshop(ramchargers). As for inside the wheelwells, on my 69 ss396, I sc***** gently with a putty knife.
    Last edited by ERBM; 02-02-2003 at 03:21 PM.

If y'all keep doing this:

then I know my tires will last a lot longer than yours...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Angry

Shame on you for "roasting" the tires on a 2002 Crown Vic LX Sport! Show that car some respect!

-Cooper (fellow 2002 Crown Vic LX Sport owner)

hey man its a fast car, and as far as im concerned, showing people what our vics can really do is showing it respect. Besides im too young to be sensible . seriously though it has been on there a while apparently, and it is kind of like masonite. scarry and i dont know what to do. When i do finally get it off I think I will put some mudflaps on there to help out a little.

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    the car still has warranty. Unless you aren't worried don't take it to the dealer with that rubber there
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

I'd take it in as a defect! Be like, "Why is my tire on my bumper? That is NOT factory is it?"

From what I understand, on the MM its an owner installed Mod!! If anyone has seen mensrea's burnout clips, they would know. BTW, based on his ability to do some serious burns, he might know how to get the rubber off.

Try Bug and Tar remover.This will work on the painted areas,dont use it on anything with undercoating.
    Back in the day I used vaseline on the quarter paneles of my mustang to prevent the rubber from sticking then stopped by the car wash on the way home to wash it off.

Re: Burned rubber removal

Originally posted by LightningVic
    Hey guys, I dont know how , but I have burned rubber all over my wheelwells and the bottoms of my rear bumper. Anyone know how to get it off without scratching the paint? thanks in advance
    Blake
    I'm feeling a good natured yank on my chain here, ya think? LOL...

BAD ROD Guest
    I use a clay bar to get rid of the clumps of rubber on my paint. It comes off pretty easy especially if you had a nice coat of wax on to begin with.

Mike

ONEBADMK8 Guest
    WD-40 on the inner fenderwells and a good coat of pledge, car wax or baby oil on the lower 1/4 area where the rubber gets dispursed.

Wipes right off.

Trust me I know.

Last edited by ONEBADMK8; 02-04-2003 at 01:38 PM.

GOT IT OFF. I was able to scrape it off with my finger ( no nails of course), and it came off in one fell swoop. In a minor mildly scarry note, I could still see tread on some of the rubber pieces that came off lol. WOOHOO. Now just to get posi and my kenny belle twin screw supercharger . yeah right when I get money and my warranty ends. P.S. anybody know how much custom long tube headers would cost? anybody know a good fab shop? ill ask again in a regular thread, since I think this one is now dead.

Thread Information