Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JLT Satisfied Customer

JLT Satisfied Customer

Called Jay on Monday, had great conversation, ordered RAI. Arrived on Thursday at 4 pm. Installed by 5 pm. Test drove at 5:01 pm. Definite added giddy-up. SOTP increase in low end torque, very pleased. Thanks, Jay, I'm a satified customer!!!
    Tony

Black 2004 Mercury Marauder, Born 4/30/04, Purchased 9/21/04, Sunroof, Trunk Organizer, 6 CD Changer

Additions: 4.10's, 180 Stat, Motorcraft Plugs, XCAL2. Tune by Lidio, JLT CAI, Ford GT Coil Covers, NAAKE QA1 Front Coil Overs, 20% Tint, God's Head Badges, Front, Rear & Steering Wheel, Underdrive Pulleys, Custom Xpipe and Magnaflows (Todd, Grand Muffler), S55 Tail Light Treatment, OEM Spoiler, Dynamat Floor & Trunk, PI 3000 Stall T/C, Built Trans.

MARAUDER S/C #5 Guest
    RAI ?? Isn't that ram air induction? I didn't know they had a ram air kit! Do you have pictures?

Thanks Tony, glad to hear your happy with the kit.

MARAUDER S/C #5: I only have one kit for the MM and if you pull the headlight you will have the "ram" effect.

MARAUDER S/C #5 Guest
    So its not a RAI kit.

Quote Originally Posted by MARAUDER S/C #5
    So its not a RAI kit.
    I'm not sure what your getting at.
    The JLT for the Marauder is called a RAI. I call it that because it's not a "Cold" Air Intake. It's still under the hood.
    The filter is filtered on the end and with the head light out (at the track) you will get a ram air effect.

Rai/cai

Quote Originally Posted by MARAUDER S/C #5
    So its not a RAI kit.
    I think Jay uses the term as he said above, differentiating this from a cold air intake because it uses an open powerstack filter which basically sits where the oem air box was. I haven't uploaded any pictures yet (still trying to figure out how ), but at the JLT website, there is an MM installed picture. Anyway, bottomline is I self-installed in less than an hour, and am pleased with the results. It looks great, and adds IMO low end oomph.
    Tony

Black 2004 Mercury Marauder, Born 4/30/04, Purchased 9/21/04, Sunroof, Trunk Organizer, 6 CD Changer

Additions: 4.10's, 180 Stat, Motorcraft Plugs, XCAL2. Tune by Lidio, JLT CAI, Ford GT Coil Covers, NAAKE QA1 Front Coil Overs, 20% Tint, God's Head Badges, Front, Rear & Steering Wheel, Underdrive Pulleys, Custom Xpipe and Magnaflows (Todd, Grand Muffler), S55 Tail Light Treatment, OEM Spoiler, Dynamat Floor & Trunk, PI 3000 Stall T/C, Built Trans.

Hmmm, I always thought Jay's name JLT RAI meant:

Jay L Tucker - Real Air Intake
    2017 Niro

Quote Originally Posted by GA-Marauder
    I think Jay uses the term as he said above, differentiating this from a cold air intake because it uses an open powerstack filter which basically sits where the oem air box was. I haven't uploaded any pictures yet (still trying to figure out how ), but at the JLT website, there is an MM installed picture. Anyway, bottomline is I self-installed in less than an hour, and am pleased with the results. It looks great, and adds IMO low end oomph.
    I also installed mine in less than an hour..... haven't dyno'd the car so don't have any numbers, but it looks & sounds good. Just ordered a stainless steel heat shield.... more bling..... under the hood.....

SOTP factor = feels quicker......

Thanks Jay.
    Last edited by fastblackmerc; 12-10-2004 at 08:46 AM.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

BTW, it's not an "intake," either, it's "induction."

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc
    Just ordered a stainless steel heat shield.... more bling..... under the hood.....
    A Carbon Fiber or Black Plastic heat shield would work better and look better.
    The Stainless Steel absorbs heat from the engine compartment and will transfer it to the incoming air.
    A Carbon Fiber or Plastic shield would be resistant to heat and keep your incoming air cooler....
    Pete...

2k04 BLACK Mercury Marauder 300A #810 of 3223
    DOB 10/31/2003
    DOP 1/2/2004
    2k19 AGATE FORD Edge ST with Performance Brakes
    DOB 12/11/2018
    DOP 6/19/2019

Water Wetter, K&N AirCharger/Drycharger, SS Inserts,
    SilverStar 9007SU, WeatherTech WeatherFlectors, Steering Wheel Badge,
    AutoMeter Gauges (Oil Press, Voltmeter, and Trans Oil Temp),
    ASC 840 VSS Sunroof, Kenwood KFC-C6879ie x4, COBRA Fender Badges,
    Z&M Rear Control Arms, FORD GT Coil Covers,
    Gorilla Lock Lugs all around, Decklid Designs Trunk Lid Liner,
    SCT Xcalibrator2 (Innovative Interceptors) w/Lidio's (Alternative Automotive) Marauder 3.55 tuning,
    4R75W by Fred Brown's Performance Transmission, tuned to match Lidio's tune,
    DG Motorsports Carbon Fiber Radiator Cover, Zack's Badgeless Grille,
    Accel 140034-8 Coil Packs, Granatelli Motorsports Coil-On-Plug wires
    Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of rice,
    I will fear no turbo for displacement is with me.

Quote Originally Posted by MENINBLK
    A Carbon Fiber or Black Plastic heat shield would work better and look better.
    The Stainless Steel absorbs heat from the engine compartment and will transfer it to the incoming air.
    A Carbon Fiber or Plastic shield would be resistant to heat and keep your incoming air cooler....
    Would probably have to agree. I also installed the stainless steel heat shield, more bling than function. Noticed when I raised the hood after running today, the shield was extremely hot (to the touch, though pretty good looking too). Wonder if there is anything I could use to coat/cover the underside of the shield near the filter? Ideas?
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc
    I also installed mine in less than an hour..... haven't dyno'd the car so don't have any numbers, but it looks & sounds good. Just ordered a stainless steel heat shield.... more bling..... under the hood.....

SOTP factor = feels quicker......

Thanks Jay.
    No thank you, for the buisness and the plug!!

bryanknie Guest

Talking Satifised Also!

I ordered one and in about 4 days it came in the mail! I was putting up the Christmas lights when the mail man deliverd it. Well I stoped what I was doing, jumped off the ladder, left the lights hanging off the house and immediately installed it.

Install was very easy/staight forward, kit made of good qualtiy parts and took less than a 1/2 hour to install. I like the improved looks of the RAI and at WOT I love the added sound of the car breathing! Seat of the pants meter - the car seems a little more responsive in the 20 - 40 mph range.

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by bryanknie
    I ordered one and in about 4 days it came in the mail! I was putting up the Christmas lights when the mail man deliverd it. Well I stoped what I was doing, jumped off the ladder, left the lights hanging off the house and immediately installed it.

Install was very easy/staight forward, kit made of good qualtiy parts and took less than a 1/2 hour to install. I like the improved looks of the RAI and at WOT I love the added sound of the car breathing! Seat of the pants meter - the car seems a little more responsive in the 20 - 40 mph range.

Bryan
    Bryan, thanks for the purchace and the comments.
    Glad you too are happy.

hdwrench Guest
    just got mine in the mail today... looks good so far havent had a chance to install.. should i put K&N oil on the breather? it looks dry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information