Thread: Buying a Police Car in Ontario Canada?

Buying a Police Car in Ontario Canada?

Hi,just wondering if buying a former Police car is actually a good deal?

Do you have to be a dealer to purchase one from an auction,do you need a dealer #?

Are there certain times of year that the auction sells the cars?I've noticed a lot lately advertised on the autotrader by wholesalers.

Should I stay away from certain model years for reliability reasons and ones with white paint over spray on exhaust pipes?

Which model years have the 3:27 rear axle and is there anyway to do a car history on a Police Car?

Is there a certain dealer that consistently deals in Police Interceptors here in Southern Ontario Canada and if so I need their contact info?

Thanks for your time and advice guys,

DD
    "Pumpin' out da Vic's"

STAPrap....

Someone pointed out some time ago that you should almost double the miles on the ODO since most LEO cars run 8-10 hours every day??!!

If they ain't chasing at high speed they are just idling to stay warm/cool and hardly ever rest!!

If you plan to mod or rebuild it shouldn't make much difference provided you get a good price......I've had several CV's and the current '98 has over 200K miles with ZERO problems!!! GREAT CARS!!!

Good Luck!!

Marauderjack
    No Marauder

Lightbulb Buy CVPHP over a CVPI

I would recommend you buy a CV with the performance handling package over a CVPI. The CVPHP lead much easier lives than CVPI and are much nicer inside (leather, climate control, carpet, and etc.) 98-02 CVPHP (3:55 rear gear 99&00 model year,3:27 rear gears 98,01-02, dual exhaust, rear air suspension,and etc.) You can easily upgrade the CVPHP to the CVPI performance by going to a wrecking yard and attaing the processor (same model year), driveshaft, front coil springs (harsher ride, but less brake dive) and rear anti-sway bar(larger).**You must do the rear anti-sway bar and front coil springs together or the car will not handle correctly.** Don't worry about an oil cooler, just run a full synthetic eng oil and change it every 3K miles. As for the torque converter go to your FLM dealer and order the 98-02 Lincoln Town Car Signature Touring Seadan torque converter and flywheel, this torque converter has a higher stall speed without any drawbacks. While at your dealer ask them for a quote to install programs 99B09 and 00B60 to enhance your rear frame where the upper/lower control arms attach to the frame if your vehicle is a 98-00MY. These are not recalls, so don't expect them for free. You should find a dealer who does a lot of CVPI and they should charge you between 3.0-3.5 labor hours to perform these two programs.
    Quote Originally Posted by STAPrap
    Hi,just wondering if buying a former Police car is actually a good deal?

Do you have to be a dealer to purchase one from an auction,do you need a dealer #?

Are there certain times of year that the auction sells the cars?I've noticed a lot lately advertised on the autotrader by wholesalers.

Should I stay away from certain model years for reliability reasons and ones with white paint over spray on exhaust pipes?

Which model years have the 3:27 rear axle and is there anyway to do a car history on a Police Car?

Is there a certain dealer that consistently deals in Police Interceptors here in Southern Ontario Canada and if so I need their contact info?

Thanks for your time and advice guys,

DD

Arrow my thoughts on this.

Keep in mind that with either the CVPI or CV HPP that front end parts usually go. If you find one that suits you, have the the front end inspected for looseness in the ball joints, idler and pitman arms.

Just my .02 and then some.
    Last edited by RoyLPita; 12-12-2004 at 08:27 AM. Reason: spelling errors
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Thread Information