Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Still a sleeper?

Question Still a sleeper?

I am certian I will put a supercharger on my Marauder at the end of summer. I want to know how much louder it will be. I heard superchargers can be heard, kinda like turbo. Is this true and will the car still be a sleeper? Thanks and I hope so. Sleepers at the best!
    "Bye Bye, Johnny B. Goode."

Drives03Maraude Guest

It is gonna Whine like satin

Yup, hate to break it to ya man, But it aint gonna be a serious sleeper like it once was, for to a knowing set of ears, they will right away hear the tell tale whine of the S/C, maybe u could Dynomat your underhood, I have herd of ricers doin that....give it a shot. But more than likely you will have to except that it wont be a complete sleeper. To be honest man, your car with a SC on it will kick a$$ plenty hard, and will be up there with the big boys, and why aim low at the small guys? hey, if you got a S/C, let em know, and show them what it can do! If you got it, flaunt it! Good to see other young people with MM!
    -Dennis Stiles

Drives03Maraude Guest

Wait a sec...

Where is your Dead Kenedy Sticker? or screeching weasles? and you gotta represent The Sex Pistols??? And You call yourself a punk rocker???
    Just kiddin, man, those bands man, brings back, brings back.....
    Last edited by Drives03Maraude; 12-17-2004 at 12:41 AM.

Thumbs up

I had a DK sticker but took it off for the Misfits one with the fiend face. I love Screeching Weasel too but haven't found a thing by them except cds. The Dead Kennedys are a great band to listen to for whats going on in the world today! I don't call myself a punk rocker but I know I am turning into one because of what I now choose to ware and listen to. If anything I would labor myself as a rock n' roll gearhead and a VERY HARDCORE STRAIGHT EDGE. Thanks for telling me about the supercharger. I can't wait to get one! Just 3 grand shy!

The Eaton S/Cer that the Trilogy kit comes with isn't all that loud IF you stay w/the standard 9.5 PSI pulley that it comes with right from Trilogy. Yes it can be noticed by the trained ear when you wind the car up, but if you have the Kooks headers and the complete Kooks bolt-on exhaust package w/the straight-thru 18" magnaflow mufflers like I have on my Marauder, then most of the S/Cer whine of the eaton is drowned out.

Many Trilogy customers who choose to wind the S/Cer up faster by choosing the custom smaller pullies seem to get more whining noise from the S/Cer. But consuder this.....many Mustang, CamaroSS, and Trans AM owners do NOT believe that a big car like the Marauder can even keep up w/their factory stock cars let alone beat them even if they are S/Ced. Trust me on this. I've encountered so many of these guys that are so utterly shocked when my Marauder and I walk right passed them while they're at full throttle, that they simply are compelled to roll down their wondows at the next traffic light and say "Hey, what the heck do you have in that thing?"
    Last edited by BillyGman; 12-17-2004 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGman
    The Eaton S/Cer that the Trilogy kit comes with isn't all that loud IF you stay w/the standard 9.5 PSI pulley that it comes with right from Trilogy. Yes it can be noticed by the trained ear when you wind the car up, but if you have the Kooks headers and the complete Kooks bolt-on exhaust package w/the straight-thru 18" magnaflow mufflers like I have on my Marauder, then most of the S/Cer whine of the eaton is drowned out.

Many Trilogy customers who choose to wind the S/Cer up faster by choosing the custom smaller pullies seem to get more whining noise from the S/Cer. But consuder this.....many Mustang, CamaroSS, and Trans AM owners do NOT believe that a big car like the Marauder can even keep up w/their factory stock cars let alone beat them even if they are S/Ced. Trust me on this. I've encountered so many of these guys that are so utterly shocked when my Marauder and I walk right passed them while they're at full throttle, that they simply are compelled to roll down their wondows at the next traffic light and say "Hey, what the heck do you have in that thing?"
    Amen.

What the heck do you have under the hood?!?!?!????

Silver 2004 Marauder
    Trilogy #48 (SOLD April 2014)

1984 Mustang GT, stock, 60,000 original miles (SOLD August 2013)

2017 Ram Rebel 1500, Silver: 5.7 Hemi, Lots of extras...
    Previous: 2014 Durango R/T

So headers would actually quiet it down a bit. Cancelling out the s/c sound slightly? Sounds great. I can't wait. I'm really reved up about this. I want it to run 10's eventually, but 12's would be nice for starters.

10's with a 4200 LB car is a far cry from 12's. if it's the 10 second bracket you're after, then you better be prepared to spend a whole lot more $$$ than the $6K for a S/cer. because you would need the kind of boost pressures that will require a stronger block(iron), as well as all forged internals (ie connecting rods, crankshaft, and pistons). And niether the stock transmission nor the stock 28 spline axles will endure the kind of HP that it will take to propel a Marauder into the 10 second bracket either.
    Last edited by BillyGman; 12-17-2004 at 01:25 AM.

I was aware off all of that except for the axels. Well I still wanna supercharge the car and maybe I'll find a way to run 10's. I don't wanna ruin the car so I'll keep my options open and not do anything stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGman
    10's with a 4200 LB car is a far cry from 12's. if it's the 10 second bracket you're after, then you better be prepared to spend a whole lot more $$$ than the $6K for a S/cer. because you would need the kind of boost pressures that will require a stronger block(iron), as well as all forged internals (ie connecting rods, crankshaft, and pistons). And niether the stock transmission nor the stock 28 spline axles will endure the kind of HP that it will take to propel a Marauder into the 10 second bracket either.
    Besides, NHRA requirements would prohibit your car running that fast without the following, tranny blanket/shield, aftermarket balancer, aftermarket axles, roll cage, firesuit/jacket ect. Thats an extra $1,500 if you turn your own wrench.

A 12 second car is a very respectible number for a street driven car that weighs as much as a school bus. Go forth and be happy with 12's.
    GT

Ok maybe not 10's but I have ran into someone with a Marauder that ran 11.97 and had everything, but Nitrous. I figured if it ran 11's that a nitrous shot would put it in the 10's. Of corse a lot of changes would have to be made to not break anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagonmaster
    Besides, NHRA requirements would prohibit your car running that fast without the following, tranny blanket/shield, aftermarket balancer, aftermarket axles, roll cage, firesuit/jacket ect. Thats an extra $1,500 if you turn your own wrench.

A 12 second car is a very respectible number for a street driven car that weighs as much as a school bus. Go forth and be happy with 12's.
    GT
    Yep, I agree.........

Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead350
    Ok maybe not 10's but I have ran into someone with a Marauder that ran 11.97 and had everything, but Nitrous. I figured if it ran 11's that a nitrous shot would put it in the 10's. Of corse a lot of changes would have to be made to not break anything.
    I ran two 12.0's w/my Marauder which is putting 400 HP to the wheels. Lidio runs mid 11's in the cold air w/475 HP to the wheels w/his Marauder. I'm sure you'll need to put atleast 550 HP to the wheels to get into the 10's consistently, and the stock bottom end of the motor will NOT survive that for very long, nor will most of the entire drivetrain. So if that's what you want, then get out your checkbook BIGTIME!!!!

Ok I'll just stick with 12's for my goal this summer. Next it's 11's, but after that I think it's time to mess with something else if I really wanna get surious about racing. Also I still wanna keep the Marauder streetable so 10's might be a bit farfetched........... I STILL WANT 10'S!!!! 12's are fine for now.

Man, at 19 I was driving a 73 Duster with a slant six and a three speed on the floor. The windshield leaked more water than the Titanic and the chrome wheels were almost rusted through.
    I'm in the wrong business, I didnt get a Marauder until I was 37. Good for you Motorhead, consider yourself fortunate. Dont forget about GBH.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information