Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marauder Exhaust

Marauder Exhaust

The following is from a reply to a post on CVN about the Marauder exhaust system sound...

*** The Marauder Mufflers are made by Arvin Mentor, who designs quite a bit of exhaust systems for Ford. The exhaust would be louder, but since the prototype did not pass NVH standards from Ford, the Meg's Tips have a piece of pipe that acts as a resonator to keep things quieter. ***

I know we've been over the tip-baffle issue already, but it's nice to know who made the system for Ford, in the event anyone needs mufflers or pipes, and doesn't want to pay Ford's humongous prices...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

They are located right here in Indiana. Here is their WebSite FYI...

Arvin Meritor
    2003 Marauder 300A
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal
    Silencer Removed
    K&N Air Filter
    Amsoil Synthetic

Those tips don't stop my Flowmaster 40s from roaring and rumbling nicely.
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Lincoln Town Car
    1993 Crown Victoria LX

Thank you for writing and for your interest in our product, however the

exhaust in question was built be the Original Equipment Exhaust Division of

ArvinMeritor exclusively for the manufacture. You have reached the

Aftermarket Exhaust Division of ArvinMeritor. The exhaust was built to that

manufacture's specifications and they own the rights to that system and have

any and all technical data on the system. It was a proprietary exhaust built

in a quantity of they desire and no information or replacement parts are

available through ArvinMeritor. Please contact the manufacturer for

information regarding your request. I am sorry that we are unable to assist

you further.

Richard A. Myers

Technical Associate

Maremont Exhaust & Gabriel Ride Control

richard.myers@arvinmeritor.com

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 10:16 PM

To: answerman@arvinmeritor.com

Subject: exhaust

I understand that ArvinMeritor makes the exhaust system for the 2003 Mercury

Marauder car. Your time is very much appreciated in any help that you can

be.

How restrictive is this dual 2.25" system? Is it the size - 2.25" or the

mufflers? I noticed that there are resonators in the 24" Megs polished

stainless tips. Are those restrictive? Cost aside, would replacing this

system with a Borla t304 stainless steel 2.25" system be beneficial assuming

borla has a higher flow muffler and not having the resonators in the rear

tips?
    2003 - black w/ dark charcoal 300a. polished full size spare, carpeted lid trunk organizer - 2w7z-54115a00-aa, black rear spoiler - 2w7z-5444210-aab, matte black door edge guards - yw7z-5420910-ba, all weather molded vinyl black floor mats - 1w7z-5413086-ha (front) & 1w4z-5413106-ca (rear), Gorilla spline drive chrome plated locking lug nuts, Kenwood kfc-6808c 6x8 3-way speakers in front & rear, Kenwood kfc-1705 6.75" subwoofer, Clarion Proaudio DXZ-835 CD receiver, Clarion Proaudio DCZ 6-disc CD changer, Clarion SIRCL Sirius satellite radio tuner, Superchips tuner, Borla cat back exhaust, SVO rear girdle (T/A performance) & stud kit, Dynotech MMC racing driveshaft, B&M 3 quart+ aluminum finned tranny pan.

Joflewbyu...what is it you want to know about the MM exhaust again?

Jo: Well. That's a major suck-blow...

That answer sounds almost exactly like what AutoMeter said when I (and others) asked about the fake oil pressure gauge...

Thanks for that, though...I posted the original comment hoping it would be helpful, but I guess I was wr--wr--wr--
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    Daily Driver

double edge sword. i like the stock megs tips but want deeper and louder exhaust. wondering if just replacing the 2 mufflers with (2) 2.25" stright pipes would be cause resonance or be way too loud leaving the resonator tips in. if i can find a buyer for my exhaust or tips, would buy the borla.
    2003 - black w/ dark charcoal 300a. polished full size spare, carpeted lid trunk organizer - 2w7z-54115a00-aa, black rear spoiler - 2w7z-5444210-aab, matte black door edge guards - yw7z-5420910-ba, all weather molded vinyl black floor mats - 1w7z-5413086-ha (front) & 1w4z-5413106-ca (rear), Gorilla spline drive chrome plated locking lug nuts, Kenwood kfc-6808c 6x8 3-way speakers in front & rear, Kenwood kfc-1705 6.75" subwoofer, Clarion Proaudio DXZ-835 CD receiver, Clarion Proaudio DCZ 6-disc CD changer, Clarion SIRCL Sirius satellite radio tuner, Superchips tuner, Borla cat back exhaust, SVO rear girdle (T/A performance) & stud kit, Dynotech MMC racing driveshaft, B&M 3 quart+ aluminum finned tranny pan.

Mark McQuaide Guest
    The 'Rauder has a wonderful, melodic sound to the exhaust as is. Just leave the stereo off and play a tune with your right foot

^^^what he said!!!^^^
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    Daily Driver

RF!!!!
    "From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe"

He's here! Carson James Mo--our 1st
    Born 6/02/2005

Member Windy City Marauders

1988 Mustang LX notch
    5.0 5 speed
    Engine by Total Performance
    GONE rear ended by a douchbag on his phone

1990 Mustang LX Notch bought from the original owner

2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (hers)

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
    (")_(")* into your signature to help her gain world domination.

Originally posted by joflewbyu2@aol.
    double edge sword. i like the stock megs tips but want deeper and louder exhaust. wondering if just replacing the 2 mufflers with (2) 2.25" stright pipes would be cause resonance or be way too loud leaving the resonator tips in. if i can find a buyer for my exhaust or tips, would buy the borla.
    Okay, I see now. You just want to get louder, so, Flowmaster 40s are a good (and inexpensive) change out for the factory muffler.

If ever you cut those MEGS tips off, (as close as you can to the muffler) drop me an e-mail and we'll talk money. Extra set of tips fits my program.

As for running resonators alone, wouldn't be much of a hassell to find a Midas shop somewhere, and have them cut nicely, and tack in a straight piece of pipe just for testing. You like it, keep it. You don't, drop in the flowmasters...All research requires development money.

SergntMac@aol.com
    Last edited by SergntMac; 02-07-2003 at 08:16 AM.

SergntMac......Drop me a Private mail on how to get in touch with you. I replaced my orignal tips with a set of pre-production ones a few months ago. Still have the orginals.

Bob, USNavy Retired
    2010 Taurus SHO Red Candy Metallic
    402A, 5% tint, Valentine 1, Laser Blaster,
    Livernois Stage 2tune, Airaid CAI
    Corsa cat-back, Lower molding stripe
    Born 10/27/09, came home 2/20/10

'03 MM 300A Gone, but not forgotten!
    Born 9/25/02, went home 11/04/02, passed on 3/21/06, Mileage: 100K

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!" (Unknown source)

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    What's the difference between the pre-production tips and the production tips?
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Originally posted by RCSignals
    What's the difference between the pre-production tips and the production tips?
    The pre-produstion tips did not have the baffel installed. Therefore allowed slightly more rumble and noise to be heard both outside and inside the car. I really like the sound much better and it didn't require replacing the mufflers.

Bob, USNavy Retired
    2010 Taurus SHO Red Candy Metallic
    402A, 5% tint, Valentine 1, Laser Blaster,
    Livernois Stage 2tune, Airaid CAI
    Corsa cat-back, Lower molding stripe
    Born 10/27/09, came home 2/20/10

'03 MM 300A Gone, but not forgotten!
    Born 9/25/02, went home 11/04/02, passed on 3/21/06, Mileage: 100K

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!" (Unknown source)

That's why I want an extra set of factory tips, do some experimenting with performance and sound options. I want to collect enough scavenged parts to box up my OEM stuff, just in case it's needed down the road.

Bob, do you have just the tips, or tips and tailpipe (back to muffler) available. E-me at SergntMac@aol.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information