Thread: Marauder Specific??

Marauder Specific??

Does anyone make Marauder specific Mud Flaps (AKA Splash Guards)? Oh no here we go again...................... I would really like a set (front & rear) that say MARAUDER. Second choice but a distant second would be MERCURY. Anything out there?

Quote Originally Posted by jakdad
    Does anyone make Marauder specific Mud Flaps (AKA Splash Guards)? Oh no here we go again...................... I would really like a set (front & rear) that say MARAUDER. Second choice but a distant second would be MERCURY. Anything out there?
    I've seen the straight, not fitted, flaps that say Mercury installed. They looked ok.
    2004 DTR Marauder, Built 26 February 2004, Inservice: 02 July 2004 Retired from DD 17 July 2008. Survived the cut, 28 April 2012. Back as a DD as of 18 November 2012.

jakdad,
    Sorry, but there are no known MARAUDER splash guards. However, you can get the ones from Ford with NO front logo (fits CV, GM, and our MM). The rears MUST have the Ford logo (very small) and fit both the CV and our MMs. I have them on both of my cars.
    Do a search on Splash guards and also look in the FAQ under part numbers.
    Hope this helps.
    GordonB
    2003 MM DBP (BLUE) (300B) w/Lt Flint (Hers); htd seats, 6 CD. PCM s/w level CRD1.
    Mods:Trunk Liner from Decklid Designs, Sunroof (ASC Model 840), McGard wheel locks, Godshead badges--steering & grill (fm Ron), Mac/Marty's Fender Badges, Silverstar Headlights, FLM accs--rear spoiler, door edge guards & trunk organizer. Bob White graphics. KB Dead Pedal & Polished Alum. Pedals. M&Z rear cntrl arms. DR (Addco) rear sway bar (24mm). Pro-Gard rear close-out panel. TCE Perf. braided SS brake lines.
    Born 5/22/03 and adopted 7/21/03. One of 328 DBP for 2003 out of 7838. Build seq. nbr: 7500 of 7838. Color seq. nbr: 282 of 328.

2004 DTR MM w/Lt Flint (His) with htd seats, 6 CD, Fact. Sunroof; born 6/15/04, adopted 7/8/04; one of 980 DTR for 2004 out of 3213. Upgraded same as Blue MM. Build seq. nbr: 3165 of 3214. Color seq. nbr: 973 of 980.

Other cars: '00 'Vette Coupe (Nassau Blue). '14 Vette Coupe (Lime Rock Green)
    Car Clubs: MBCC

Quote Originally Posted by GordonB
    jakdad,
    Sorry, but there are no known MARAUDER splash guards. However, you can get the ones from Ford with NO front logo (fits CV, GM, and our MM). The rears MUST have the Ford logo (very small) and fit both the CV and our MMs. I have them on both of my cars.
    Do a search on Splash guards and also look in the FAQ under part numbers.
    Hope this helps.
    GordonB
    There are also molded rear Mercury splashguards. They have a small Mecury emblem molded on them. Part # F8MZ-16A550-BA. See them here: http://www.mercuryaccessories.com/fa...170&detail=yes
    2004 DTR
    Born on 5/31/04
    Adopted 11/13/04

Quote Originally Posted by DTR04
    There are also molded rear Mercury splashguards. They have a small Mecury emblem molded on them. Part # F8MZ-16A550-BA. See them here: http://www.mercuryaccessories.com/fa...170&detail=yes
    The front fitted splash guard are easy to find and fit all early crown vics, the rears however.....(see older threads....there are many).

If these are the same application parts that fit the Crown Vic (rear), they won't fit the Marauder. The quarter panels are different.

Have you tried these?

If so so, this is the answer we have all been waiting for.
    2017 Niro

Quote Originally Posted by CRUZTAKER
    The front fitted splash guard are easy to find and fit all early crown vics, the rears however.....(see older threads....there are many).

If these are the same application parts that fit the Crown Vic (rear), they won't fit the Marauder. The quarter panels are different.

Have you tried these?

If so so, this is the answer we have all been waiting for.
    No, I have not tried them. I see under the fitment section that they fit all 01-05 Grand Marquis, no mention of Marauder.
    2004 DTR
    Born on 5/31/04
    Adopted 11/13/04

Isn't the rear quarter of the Marauder from the Crown Vic ?

The only difference would be the bumper cover, and that is Marauder specific.
    Pete...

2k04 BLACK Mercury Marauder 300A #810 of 3223
    DOB 10/31/2003
    DOP 1/2/2004
    2k19 AGATE FORD Edge ST with Performance Brakes
    DOB 12/11/2018
    DOP 6/19/2019

Water Wetter, K&N AirCharger/Drycharger, SS Inserts,
    SilverStar 9007SU, WeatherTech WeatherFlectors, Steering Wheel Badge,
    AutoMeter Gauges (Oil Press, Voltmeter, and Trans Oil Temp),
    ASC 840 VSS Sunroof, Kenwood KFC-C6879ie x4, COBRA Fender Badges,
    Z&M Rear Control Arms, FORD GT Coil Covers,
    Gorilla Lock Lugs all around, Decklid Designs Trunk Lid Liner,
    SCT Xcalibrator2 (Innovative Interceptors) w/Lidio's (Alternative Automotive) Marauder 3.55 tuning,
    4R75W by Fred Brown's Performance Transmission, tuned to match Lidio's tune,
    DG Motorsports Carbon Fiber Radiator Cover, Zack's Badgeless Grille,
    Accel 140034-8 Coil Packs, Granatelli Motorsports Coil-On-Plug wires
    Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of rice,
    I will fear no turbo for displacement is with me.

MENINBLK - Isn't the rear quarter of the Marauder from the Crown Vic ?

The only difference would be the bumper cover, and that is Marauder specific.
    Sheet-metal wise, Yes ( same goes for the Grand Marquis ).

And for the bumper fascia at the wheel well, ( as mentioned several times previously ), the molded splash guards for the 1998+ Crown Victoria are an exact fit for the Marauder; you just have to put-up with the small, hardly visible Ford logo.

And No the molded splash guards for the Grand Marquis ( which have the hockey-stick / waterfall logo ) will not fit.

And Yes I know a little bit on the subject of parts inter-change between the Crown Victoria and the Marauder.
    Last edited by gdmjoe; 02-09-2005 at 08:44 AM.

so do these things keep salt off the side of your car on highway trips?

I've thought about them for a while now - never had them on any car.

-A
    Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it - what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellowmen. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone. -- Carlos Castaneda

duhtroll - so do these things keep salt off the side of your car on highway trips?
    They help, but realistically there's nothing that will ... keep salt off the side of your car.

They do, however, minimize stone / debris chips and the sand-blasting effect ( since salt is usually mixed with sand ).

In the rain you can see the spray being deflected; it's just that the over-spray hits the panels farther down and further back than what would normally come-off the tires.

I have a black universal set that I have not yet installed....flat not molded.

The motiviation is to reduce stone chips.

I am thinking about affixing with velcro as I don't want to drill through the bumper (read) or quater (front).

Any thoughts on this/alternatives?

This is for a summer-only car so no snow bashing up against them.

Thanks

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by JeffGrice
    I have a black universal set that I have not yet installed....flat not molded.

The motiviation is to reduce stone chips.

I am thinking about affixing with velcro as I don't want to drill through the bumper (read) or quater (front).
    Make sure to look for industrial strength velcro. Holds better than regular grade velcro. The adhesive on the back is strong as heck.
    White Lightning Kiarauder:
    2011 Kia Forte EX Minisculus Pimpmobilius Extremus
    Built-in Nav, Bluetooth, USB port, aux/ipod jack, ]2 power ports and Sunroof! six speed auto trans w/ Sportmatic, dead pedal, rear-view camera. Voice cmd for radio, sat, nav, cell phone and MP3.
    Four very muscular, steroid-enhanced, genetically mutated, Mountain Dew injected, wild racing hamsters cavorting under the hood.
    ............................... ...................
    Black Thunder:
    2004 Marauder - Black w/black interior
    Sequence number is 39 of 3213
    Traded in 12/12/10
    --------------------------------------
    2003 Marauder - Dark Blue Pearl
    XCalibrator2/Reinhart tune
    Sequence number is 37 of 327
    10/10/2009 ---- Blue Thunder has gone on to a much better place -----
    Martyo's Garage!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by duhtroll
    so do these things keep salt off the side of your car on highway trips?

I've thought about them for a while now - never had them on any car.

-A
    I use them on the company car. I makes clean up MUCH easier! But I drive that car in way and places I wouldnt take the MM. They are great for the hot tar and crap that gets kicked up.

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

Quote Originally Posted by gdmjoe
    And No the molded splash guards for the Grand Marquis ( which have the hockey-stick / waterfall logo ) will not fit.
    Thank you gj....

I figured as much.

I wish folks would actually try products before spreading hope.
    2017 Niro

Thread Information