Thread: My first visit to the dealer...OH JOY!

My first visit to the dealer...OH JOY!

I had my first visit to the dealer today (Oil chg.). The mechanic I had was helpfull and invited me into the garage to see the car on the lift. I WAS missing the grommet on the tranny, nice...3000 miles of crud seeping in.
    It had to be ordered, as did the headligt assy; excessive moisture.
    I told him the oil pressure guage did not work, he chuckled and replaced the sender (in front of me), I said "it still doesn't move", he said "sorry". He seems to think that with replacing it (guage), might have an issue with the ECM. Would have to read the skematic to see if they are wired together somehow......riiiiiight.... He sprayed the sticky doors, I did not even notice, I thought they were just a tight fit and hard to open. They told me the paint blemish (a bump) on the door was covered, and to make an appt. with the body shop. I told him of the car dropping out of overdrive and sometimes hard to find reverse. He said there was a software update available for the eprom and he uploaded it. No tinkering here. I asked them to change the bulbs (headlights to Sylvania SS), and he agreed with me, BUT FORGOT TO DO IT. Oh well, maybe he is waiting for my headlamp assy to arrive....probably so. No further info on Gods head valve stem covers (pn #3W3Z1130AB), they just said replacements were $23 bucks each or so, but could not verify what they looked like. I ordered center caps to do the custom badging...expensive! I hope I don't screw it up. I found the answer to the carpet missing issue (I know, already done), I found a 1996 Marquis with the powerpoint (PN #F7VZ54043A88AA), but it is apart of the plastic under dash cover assy. and might not be direct replaceable. Besides, I don't think it will entirely cover the area. The patch is probably a better choice.I found nothing that might easily cover the void in the left side wheel well area. Even the Town cars have a void-on both sides. When someone figures out a plan, let us all know.

I ordered my new plates today, "S_KICKR". BMV supervisor said no problem.

And that ends my first trip to the dealer...exiting? No, but getting home found grandpa's Marquis in the street. Tranny won't shift out of 2, just revs......bummer, it's an '89. The tow truck just sped off and I am looking for another martini.....
    2017 Niro

Hey CRUZ sorry to break the bad news but that part #3W3Z-1130-AB is for the wheel center caps not the valve caps......if the valve caps were available they would be like a 1700 number(3W3Z-1700-AA is the whole stem with a metal hex cap)

"From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe"

He's here! Carson James Mo--our 1st
    Born 6/02/2005

Member Windy City Marauders

1988 Mustang LX notch
    5.0 5 speed
    Engine by Total Performance
    GONE rear ended by a douchbag on his phone

1990 Mustang LX Notch bought from the original owner

2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (hers)

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
    (")_(")* into your signature to help her gain world domination.

So....what do they know?
    I told you my dealership was clueless....
    2017 Niro

CRUZTAKER - Think twice about having that blemish in the paint repaired, not to many people can paint like the factory and even with computer paint mixing there are many shades of black. It is possible that you might notice it more. With clearcoat paint you generally have to paint a panel on either side of the damaged one. Just a thought. John
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

There should be no reason to paint either adjacent panel next to the panel with the blem on a black car if they mix the color properly. you would only have to blend the adjacent panels if it is either a mettallic or pastel color were the damage is close enough to one or both adjacent panels and the reason for this would be so you see a good color match from panel to panel. I will agree that if it is a minor paint blem dont mess with it you could ask for more problems. and JGC is correct you will never get a finish like the factory. If you guys look close enough you will see that in direct sunlight the side mldgs do not match from the factory. I'am a painter by trade so this is speaking from 1st hand experience.
    Last edited by BODYMAN; 02-14-2003 at 04:49 PM.

04 SB-- Alluminator/2.3 Whipple 20lbs boost, 545RWHP/556RWTQ sold!!

2012 Mustang GT Kona Blue-My New Baby!

03 300A- Vortech S-trim A2A 500 RWHP -Sold

03 Marauder KB-S #7- R.I.P.Bought new 06-02
    sent to KB 1-03 #7 but it was the 3rd one they did

10-fourrrr

I hear ya, it's a very small blem, sticks out like a nipple tho. As if a small critter was sitting on the door at the factory and they painted right over it. I'll survive. Thanks for the painting input, I will think it over.
    2017 Niro

Any painter that has to paint ajacent panels of any type of paint is not a painter period. I can do spots on fenders that you will not notice under any lite. Dont let them touch it till you talk to the painter that will be doing you car. Chect the repair work he has in the shop to see if he knows what hes doin before you let him touch it. Anyone that tells you any diff is full of beans. ; )
    2003 MM 300 A
    1984 F150 "STEPSIDE"
    "cause I COULD"

vaderv - A friend of mine has a body shop and is in business for more than 30yrs. He is the only one I trust to work on my cars. He works on many high end cars. He stated "with base coat -clear coat in order to get the proper match ( with computer generated paint ) you must at least blend in the panel on either side of the damaged one. I don't think he would be wasting his time energy, and materials if he didn't have to. My 2000 GM had what looked like a small piece of dirt under the paint which the dealer said he would repair. When I asked my friend for a second opinion he stated he thought I would be happier if I left it alone, and that is what I did. Just my opinion. John
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

CRUZTAKER: It alway a great amount of fun? At least they let you near your MM. Best of luck.
    Big Dog
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

I have been a painter for 16yrs and you guys have brought a couple good points. but for as blending within the panel and not clear coat the entire panel? It will show over time sure I can do that to but wont for the exact reason it will show over time. JG youre friend who owns a body shop called it like it is other than black. I would rather paint black than any other color becuase alot of issues of color match and blending of mettallics dont come up w/ black. I could sit here allday and tell you about paint but it could get pretty boring. evryones a painter tell you put them in the paint booth and they have to paint a 70,000 mercedes and blend silver and 5 diff spots on the vehicle at the same time! speaking from alot of experience as this is my trade.

04 SB-- Alluminator/2.3 Whipple 20lbs boost, 545RWHP/556RWTQ sold!!

2012 Mustang GT Kona Blue-My New Baby!

03 300A- Vortech S-trim A2A 500 RWHP -Sold

03 Marauder KB-S #7- R.I.P.Bought new 06-02
    sent to KB 1-03 #7 but it was the 3rd one they did

aaronwilmington Guest
    I see you have some of the same problems. My headlight lense fog up with moisture. Second time with repair, this Wed.

Also see my post on the overdrive problems.

darebren Guest
    no comments from the dealer on the chip (if they even noticed it)?

will you take it out just in case when you go back to have the software upgraded?

My first visit they had to order me two headlamp assy. due to excessive moisture, I also noticed moisture in my fog lamps so they ordered two of those, I'm begining to think that the light fixtures will always find a way to fog up no matter what. It's ashame that cars of less value have better made housing for the headlights than a car worth over $30,000. Where's the so called Quality!!!
    Carlos
    '03 Marauder 300A
    • Built 8-23-02
    • TRADED IN

Thread Information