Thread: MM vs CV Sport Floor Shifter Parts/Tech Questions

MM vs CV Sport Floor Shifter Parts/Tech Questions

Anyone know if the Panther floor shifters are serviced as a complete assembly or if certain pieces can be purchased seperately ?.

I was thinking about changing the shifter trim in my MM over to the chrome style that the CV Sport has.(see attached photo from Fords 2005 CV website).

At the very least I was wanting to do the bezel which I would think should be available seperately ... but wasn't sure if the chrome shifter shaft/trim & chrome button could be purchased seperately as well.

I'm sure the shifter bezel is easy to swap out ...

How about the other parts (assuming they can be serviced/purchased seperately) ... easy to change over ?. Is the chrome looking shaft an actual chrome shaft ... or is it just a chrome collar of sorts, slipped over the regular black shaft ?.

Claude ?(carfixer).

Ray (TheDealer) availability/pricing ?.

TIA

It was time for a new signature .....

Here it is .....

X

Cool

Durn it....was starting the research for this idea this week...
    "Curses ! Foiled again "

I looked at a lot of sports before buying the marauder and one thing stood out on all of them. That bezel was scratched to hell. I don't know if it's cheap chrome or careless owners but it was always a dissapointment.
    If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough. – Parnelli Jones

If your wife's having a good time and you're not, you're still having a better time than if you're having a good time and she's not. - Red Green

2004 Marauder 300A - Garage Queen

1025 of 3213. It is one of 1237 in black and one of 2000 w/o the moonroof option.

Performance
    4:10's, rear Adco, front Eibachs w/ KYB shocks, Working oil pressure gauge, JLT CA Kit, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, TCE SS Brake Lines, Zack big brake kit.
    Dress
    Power by Ford coil covers, Maruder sill plates, God's head steering wheel emblem, spoiler, front and rear splash gaurds, Custom dead pedal, LED lights for engine bay, interior and gauges. 64' Marauder Sail Panel for rear badge, custom God's head badge in grill.

LOC: Clermont Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Marauder386
    Durn it....was starting the research for this idea this week...
    "Curses ! Foiled again "

Foiled again nah.

Foiled again is when one reads about the controversy over the "Crazy For You" bear that Vermont Teddy Bear used to sell. This was when they had NO intentions of yanking them. After I read this ... I jokingly said to my wife :

"They will CAVE(VTB) it's just a matter of time. And when they do ... EVERYBODY will want one ... & they'll be bringing INSANE prices on Ebay. Maybe I should call right now & buy myself 100 of them ... for WHEN this DOES happen ... NOT if".

Did I do it ... NO.

Did Vermont Teddy Bear eventually cave to the presssure ? ... but of COURSE they did YES.

These $70 bears + $16 for shipping(total of $86.00) have sold for close to FIVE HUNDRED DOLLAR$ on Ebay since production CEASED.

That my friend is FOILED again.

Sometimes one just needs to go out on a limb & FOLLOW their "gut" instincts.

And just for the record ...

I would have had NOOOOO shame in doing so.

I would have set the reserve at a FAIR no more than the original $70 asking price + shipping($86.00). Peoples stupidity would have done the rest.

I can't control someone elses COMMON sense. It's an auction ... you wanna get bit by the good ole' "gotta have it" bug & drive up the price yourself along with all the other "afflicted" people ...

I'll be happy to take your money.

But I didn't follow my instincts so ...

Screwed again.

lol

Assuming a very VERY conservative MINIMUM $100 profit each ...

I could have had $10K when all was said & done.

Realistically I probably would have at least DOUBLED that figure based upon what I have seen on Ebay quite easily.

Here it is .....

X

I had a 2002 GM LSE before the Marauder and I did like the looks (and feel) of that shifter more so, but there were two very annoying things. First, the chrome does have a problem with smudges. The slightest touch will leave a finger print which is a pain to keep clean. The second, is the glare it hits you with when the sun strikes it.

Just me .02.
    Best,
    Rick

2004 Silver Birch w/Light Flint Interior
    10.44 @ 131.66 MPH | 604 RWHP & 562 RWTQ

- Trilogy Supercharger #79 Twinscrew w/ 14PSI, Alternative Auto Forged 5.3 Stroker, Stage III Cams, JLT CAI, 405lph Return Fuel System, XL Heat Exchanger, 4.10's, Built Transmission, SCT 90MM MAF, Custom Tuned by Lidio.

- Kooks Headers. Magnaflow Cats & 18" Mufflers with 2.5" X-Pipe & Tailpipes. Megs' Res-Delete Tips

- Widened 9.5" Rear Rims w/Nitto NT555G2 Front Tires and NT555Rii Drag Radials.
       245/45/ZR18 & 305/45/ZR18. TCE Performance Brakes and SS lines.

- Spoiler, MMX Driveshaft, Metco Loop and Control Arms, ADTR Front and Addco Rear Sway Bars, Art Carr Transmission Pan, Eaton Posi, Stud & Girdle kit, Moser 31 Spline Axles, Marauder Door Sills, SS Inserts, Dynamat, Pioneer AVIC-8201NEX with 6x8" 260w Speakers and 12" 1400w Sub-woofer

A long time ago, maybe two years, some of our 2003 A model cars were made with the chrome bezel and it was discussed here on the forum....It was during the time that the cable adjustment was wrong from the STAP and the cars would not shift into reverse and sometimes overdrive... There may even be a picture in the archives of the unit I remember. Logan may remember, too... RAM

Talk to gdmjoe, he might have his CV shifter parts. IIRC, he has a MM shifter now.............
    '15 F250 CC 4WD 6.7L PSD
    '11 CVLX
    '05 E55 AMG
    '91 350SD Turbodiesel
    '97 Land Cruiser/78 Land Cruiser

Part #s .....

3W7Z-7D443-AB - chrome bezel
    1W3Z-7E026-BA - chrome collar
    YF1Z-7C488-BA - chrome selector button

the_pack_rat - If you want to defer some of the co$t, I'll buy the black selector button from ya.
    Last edited by gdmjoe; 02-15-2005 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gdmjoe
    Part #s .....

3W7Z-7D443-AB - chrome bezel
    1W3Z-7E026-BA - chrome collar
    YF1Z-7C488-BA - chrome selector button

the_pack_rat - If you want to defer some of the co$t, I'll buy the black selector button from ya.
    Joe .... PM sent.

Here it is .....

X

Patrick Guest
    I was going to do this also. The dealership wanted $450!!!! Not installed. Maybe down the road.

Thread Information