Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: air intake swap - mustang mach 1 on Marauder

ghostship55 Guest

air intake swap - mustang mach 1 on Marauder

Now into my third phase of build up on the Ghostship which is paint and exterior. Engine and suspension done! Thought: Would the 2003/2004 Mustang mach 1 air intake and scoop (4.6) fit on the Marauder? Yes, as long as the custom paint is scheduled I am going to pop a Shaker hood scoop on the 'ship. Jim P.S. Note the icons. if you help me I'll buy the beer.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostship55
    Now into my third phase of build up on the Ghostship which is paint and exterior. Engine and suspension done! Thought: Would the 2003/2004 Mustang mach 1 air intake and scoop (4.6) fit on the Marauder? Yes, as long as the custom paint is scheduled I am going to pop a Shaker hood scoop on the 'ship. Jim P.S. Note the icons. if you help me I'll buy the beer.
    I've been waiting for someone to do the swap, and am sure it's gonna fit; but there's been a lot of discussion about how it's gonna look, way back on the hood. Thing is, there's lots of Crown Vic & GM hoods to practice on. Do it, and I'll buy you a beer.

Jim Welcome to the best site for our cars!!!As specified no one has done this yet but here what has been discussed about that idea so far.Hope this helps any .
    [IMG][/QUOTE][/IMG]
    http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...ht=mach1+scoop

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...ght=mach+scoop

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...ght=mach+scoop

Also please post some pics of the paint as i am curious to see the turn out..
    Last edited by MarauderMark; 02-19-2005 at 06:38 PM.

Ghostship55,

If you do create a shaker setup for your car please post lots and lots of pics.
    I have been toying around with this idea in my head for a while now.
    I was thinking of a Torino style scoop because they are a little bit longer than the Mach 1 scoop, or even a custom shaped scoop on top of the Mach 1 setup. And as Mike Poore said "there's lots of Crown Vic & GM hoods to practice on".
    Good luck to you, I wish I had a garage to play in
    Later,
    Bowman9

Modifactions:
    SuperChips Custom Tuner 9100 (Lidio)
    180 Degree Thermostat
    Ford Motorsport 4.10 Gears
    Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
    K&N Coldair Kit

Jim - Welcome to the Mercury Marauder site.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman9
    Ghostship55,

If you do create a shaker setup for your car please post lots and lots of pics.
    I have been toying around with this idea in my head for a while now.
    I was thinking of a Torino style scoop because they are a little bit longer than the Mach 1 scoop, or even a custom shaped scoop on top of the Mach 1 setup. And as Mike Poore said "there's lots of Crown Vic & GM hoods to practice on".
    Good luck to you, I wish I had a garage to play in
    Has anybody thought of using a Boss 429 style scoop? This is a photoshopped SB from the gallery. (Sorry for the crappy photoshop job. I was doing it at 6 am. And I used an unregistered user photo, so I don't offend anyone with the crappy job.)

I found the scoop here: http://www.jmsproductsinc.com/bodyperf.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Mike

"A common mistake people make when designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Unknown

'03 Black Canadian 300A -Born 11/14/02, Adopted 04/05/05
    #6018 of 11,052

Trilogy #196 - Self-installed
    Stuff done to it. See here.

Sully008,

Not to shabby
    There has been discussion of different types of hoods and hood scoops here but only a handfull of people have actually done anything to their cars.
    Most of the images you will find in the gallery are photoshoped, but not all of them.
    There are all kinds of different scoops to choose from, it all comes down to personal taste.
    As Mike Poore said "there's lots of Crown Vic & GM hoods to practice on".
    Later,
    Bowman9

Modifactions:
    180 Degree Thermostat
    K&N Coldair Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Sully008
    Has anybody thought of using a Boss 429 style scoop? This is a photoshopped SB from the gallery. (Sorry for the crappy photoshop job. I was doing it at 6 am. And I used an unregistered user photo, so I don't offend anyone with the crappy job.)

I found the scoop here: http://www.jmsproductsinc.com/bodyperf.html
    Hmmmm. I have a Boss 9 (scoop in my garage (Crite Re-pop unit) Maybe , one day, when I get it out, I'll set it on the MM hood and see what she looks like.
    A Cougar eliminator scoop may be better, as it sits lower yet is just as wide and long.
    Good idea there.
    04 Crown Victoria Sport

2008 Harley Davidson Nightrain- sold....

2016 Harley Davidson Street Glide - Olive Gold

1995 F150 4x2 4.9 5spd

1995 Schwinn High Plains 21 speed, custom gearing.

To make a workable scoop, seems like something along the lines of the Olds 442 scoops, way up front on the hood would be an easier install. One side could be for cooling the engine compartment and the other for actual induction pick up. Then theres the problem of water/snow/sleet ect ingestion...
    2004 DTR Marauder, Built 26 February 2004, Inservice: 02 July 2004 Retired from DD 17 July 2008. Survived the cut, 28 April 2012. Back as a DD as of 18 November 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by rayjay
    To make a workable scoop, seems like something along the lines of the Olds 442 scoops, way up front on the hood would be an easier install. One side could be for cooling the engine compartment and the other for actual induction pick up. Then theres the problem of water/snow/sleet ect ingestion...

Maybe something on the lines of this.Same idea just newer style..

Were going to have to start visting junkyards looking for cool hoods and scoops that we can fiberglass onto our crown vic and marquis hoods.
    Later,
    Bowman9

Modifactions:
    180 Degree Thermostat
    K&N Coldair Kit

jjaguda Guest
    I did the CDC conversion to a shaker on my '02 Mustang GT. I did not notice any difference, even in the seat of the pants department (and I sold the car before the next winter rolled around). Looked good though. On my MACH, there is a BIG difference in performance in colder weather. Honestly though, unless the scoop in toward the nose end of the hood, it would not do much in the performance area. You would also have to do a buttload of fabrication to fit the MACH shaker onto the top of the 4V motor. One easier route might be the new CDC shaker made for the '05 Mustang - parts might transfer over easier.

functional scoop

Found this over on www.f150online.com
    If you look down at Sleddog's post you'll see he created a functional scoop for his truck from a GT mustang scoop and modified airbox from a 93 lumima.
    Pretty cool.

http://www.f150online.com/forums/arc.../115787-1.html
    Later,
    Bowman9

Modifactions:
    180 Degree Thermostat
    K&N Coldair Kit

Captain Steve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jjaguda
    I did the CDC conversion to a shaker on my '02 Mustang GT. I did not notice any difference, even in the seat of the pants department (and I sold the car before the next winter rolled around). Looked good though. On my MACH, there is a BIG difference in performance in colder weather. Honestly though, unless the scoop in toward the nose end of the hood, it would not do much in the performance area. You would also have to do a buttload of fabrication to fit the MACH shaker onto the top of the 4V motor. One easier route might be the new CDC shaker made for the '05 Mustang - parts might transfer over easier.
    Why would this be a problem? The engines are nearly identical. Mach's have 4v DOHC 4.6L engines too.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Steve
    Why would this be a problem? The engines are nearly identical. Mach's have 4v DOHC 4.6L engines too.
    Have you ever compared the differences between the MM and teh Mach intakes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information