Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More on the Gas Tank issue

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)

More on the Gas Tank issue

Blue Oval News, or specifically "the detroit News" is looking for feedback

Read here

The Detroit News is looking for Crown Victoria, Town Car or Grand Marquis owners who have contacted their Ford dealer about having the fuel tank shield kit installed. Those who oppose fuel tank shields are also encouraged to respond. Please write to the news at crownvic@blueovalnews.com

Someone needs to show them pics of the wrecked MM...

It's all in the tips baby!

Did anyone else see on the news last week.....maybe Wed or Thurs.....
    I think it was in Chicago..........
    The CV cop that got hit on the freeway by the Explorer?
    Police car stopped on the freeway(helpin' someone)+ice+speeding(not payin' attention)Explorer+bus in the next lane=high speed collision

They show'd 'em gettin' the cop out of the car (I guess he was in it) and he looked hurt but no fire.............

I noticed the media didn't say anything about a CV getting hit................
    "From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe"

He's here! Carson James Mo--our 1st
    Born 6/02/2005

Member Windy City Marauders

1988 Mustang LX notch
    5.0 5 speed
    Engine by Total Performance
    GONE rear ended by a douchbag on his phone

1990 Mustang LX Notch bought from the original owner

2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (hers)

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
    (")_(")* into your signature to help her gain world domination.

Originally posted by jefferson-mo
    Did anyone else see on the news last week.....maybe Wed or Thurs.....
    I think it was in Chicago. The CV cop that got hit on the freeway by the Explorer? Police car stopped on the freeway(helpin' someone)+ice+speeding(not payin' attention)Explorer+bus in the next lane=high speed collision. They show'd 'em gettin' the cop out of the car (I guess he was in it) and he looked hurt but no fire. I noticed the media didn't say anything about a CV getting hit.
    I captured this crash from TV news that morning, and hard copy is in transit to Logan and GJA, for import to us here, however that works out. My capture turned out to be 112MB, and not suitable for up or down load via this site, but hopefully, they can work some magic on that. Hold your thoughts, guys, until you watch this crash first hand, you'll be surprised at the outcome. Meanwhile, no serious injury, no fire.

The Panther platform did it's job.

There was quite a bit of activity on CVN about this issue. For the lousy $160 or so the kit costs, it seems like it would be a good thing...I don't know why anyone would be against it, it's got to be better than doing nothing...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

I still say it was a short period of mis-understanding of how to mount extra PI equipment in the rear by the departments themselves.

But, the media is slanted. A CV making it out without a firie ending and an uninjured LEO just doesn't sell...

Originally posted by LincMercLover
    I still say it was a short period of mis-understanding of how to mount extra PI equipment in the rear by the departments themselves. But, the media is slanted. A CV making it out without a firie ending and an uninjured LEO just doesn't sell...
    I couldn't agree with you more, LML.

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Still more. they are moving the issue now from Police vehicles to civilian versions of the Panther line.
    I believe there is a definite anti Ford Bias agenda behind it all rather one of genuine concern for safety

http://warnerrobert.com/cgi-bin/ubbc...=000553#000003

http://warnerrobert.com/ubb/ultimate...;f=10;t=001471
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Ouch...

This is really getting out of hand...Anyone agree?

Well I agree it's out of hand. "Civilians" are getting their info from obviously Biased sites such as that "Center for vehicle Safety". People are avoiding and ignoring the findings of the NHTSB
    Member Number 32

An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Here is the link to the Detroit News article

http://www.detnews.com/2003/autosins.../a01-91129.htm
    Member Number 32

I wonder how much money Firestone has earmarked for these study's?

Logan? GJA?

Originally posted by SergntMac
    I captured this crash from TV news that morning, and hard copy is in transit to Logan and GJA, for import to us here, however that works out. My capture turned out to be 112MB, and not suitable for up or down load via this site, but hopefully, they can work some magic on that. Hold your thoughts, guys, until you watch this crash first hand, you'll be surprised at the outcome. Meanwhile, no serious injury, no fire.

The Panther platform did it's job.
    You guys get my US mail yet?

Any chance it could be shared here?

Video is encoded!!!!
    It is in the Windows Media format and is of EXCELLENT quality.
    I have a large version @ 13 meg. If you want it PM me.
    I also have a small Real media version @ under 1 meg in the Gallery under Other Panther Platform cars.
    Last edited by gja; 02-23-2003 at 10:43 AM.
    ============================== ===
    Forget directions, I need to file a flight plan
    ============================== ===

solution is quite simple, DON'T GET REARENDED BY SUV'S DOING 75+ MPH. With MM horsepower and speed this shouldn't be too tough. Depress right foot to floorboard and watch vehicle in mirror get small
    300A
    born 08-27-02
    Adjusted air in and air out.
    400+ timeslips.

When in doubt, GAS IT! This will either fix the problem, or end the suspense.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information