Thread: Has anyone heard of Philpott Ford in Texas?

Question Has anyone heard of Philpott Ford in Texas?

Just wondering about this dealership?We have been making millions of Police cars for them it seems and in all different colour configurations too.
    This dealership must have a big contract or something for the forces in and around Texas.

Thanks for any mention,

DD
    "Pumpin' out da Vic's"

Quote Originally Posted by STAPrap
    Just wondering about this dealership?We have been making millions of Police cars for them it seems and in all different colour configurations too.
    This dealership must have a big contract or something for the forces in and around Texas.

Thanks for any mention,

DD

Heard of them, they're not that Big. Texoma Ford Keeps SSP Explorers, Expeditions and CVPIs in stock and available for immediate delivery.
    '15 F250 CC 4WD 6.7L PSD
    '11 CVLX
    '05 E55 AMG
    '91 350SD Turbodiesel
    '97 Land Cruiser/78 Land Cruiser

Thanks for any mention,

DD
    http://www.philpottford1.com/pages/p...&localeid=1033

Municipalities, schools, and state agenies in Texas aquire their vehicles through the bidding process. Philpott Ford is an agressive bidder and has won a lot of bids. Do a google search for Philpott Ford and you'll get hits from various municipalities announcing them as low bidder for police and other vehicles.

Wow, that's right here in Pt. Arthur...It's a pretty decent dealership; they only do Fords tho. Energy Country (Pt. Arthur proper) handles all F-L-M, as does Kinsel (Beaumont). Kinsel has been getting in the new Saleen 'Stangs; had a silver one on the lot for about a week, and it's gone; in talking to the salespeople, I found out they actually had a block of 5 come in, but four were presold---the fifth actually lingered one full week (!) before it was gone. They're expecting 5 more in the next 2-3 weeks, AND...

...in case BillyGMan reads this...!

...they ARE expecting a GT sometime over the late spring/summer. But don't get too excited Billy...it's presold. The dealership struck a deal with the buyer to let them keep on the showroom floor for 1 week, and then it's going home.

Where was I? Oh yeah, Philpott...seriously, it IS a good dealership. The one time I went there to look at the new Mustangs, the young salesman just kinda stared at the Black Hulk and uttered the immortal line...one that we've all heard before...

"Hey, what'd you do to that Crown Vic?"

As to the subject of the police cars: Yeah...we've been seeing a LOT of them here; I wonder if this place is some sort of shipping/receiving point for them. Passed by the local airport a few weeks back; they literally had taken over the entire ramp with brand-new white CVs everywhere. Looked like hundreds of 'em out there.
    Last edited by marauder307; 03-08-2005 at 06:38 PM.
    Traveling the world on PONTIAC power!

Mississippi does the same thing, if you want a CVPI on state contract, any agency, its bought through Gray Daniels in Jackson. It changes form contract to contract, used to be Butch Oustelet on the coast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donny Carlson
    http://www.philpottford1.com/pages/p...&localeid=1033

Municipalities, schools, and state agenies in Texas aquire their vehicles through the bidding process. Philpott Ford is an agressive bidder and has won a lot of bids. Do a google search for Philpott Ford and you'll get hits from various municipalities announcing them as low bidder for police and other vehicles.

Ok thanks gentleman........on the cars for Philpott it says Port Neches what ever town that is?
    I have seen the Daniels one in Jackson as well.

DD
    "Pumpin' out da Vic's"

Ok thanks gentleman........on the cars for Philpott it says Port Neches what ever town that is?
    I have seen the Daniels one in Jackson as well.
    DD
    Port Neches is part of the port system here...from my time spent down in this area I can tell you that Port Arthur isn't really one port; it's more like 4. There's Sabine Pass, Port Arthur, Orange, Port Neches, and Beaumont all within a 55-mile long waterway here. Given the way the towns all run into each other here, it's kinda difficult for a outsider like me to tell where Beaumont ends and Port Arthur begins.

Port Neches, these days, is pretty much swallowed up by Pt. Arthur.

I'm digressing again...but I hope this helps clarify things a bit.

Thumbs up

Ok,thanks very much marauder 307......again,last night we were pounding out the cars for Pt.Neches.......lots of white n black ones with tan and grey interiors.Lots of solid white with black interior too.Wow,who are getting these cars I wonder?I think Port Neches takes the cake for the most amount of Police units produced in a given period of time man.We have been making cars for them since Sept.2004 on a somewhat regular basis it seems.

Any chance of a photo of them at the airport?

DD

PS-Also,going thru right now are 1) two tone blue police interceptors for "Anne Arundel County" Maryland.

2) Black and Dark Army green for Maryland State Patrol

3) Plum and black bumpers for Minnesota State Patrol

4) Lots of Solid White Street Appearance Packages for South Carolina

5) Black and white for Folsom California

6) Taxi- Bright Yellow with Black bumpers for San Fransico

7) Taxi-School Bus Yellow Long Wheel Base for Bronx New York always 2 an hour ongoing.

8) Just finished a round of Royal Blue for Michigan State Patrol and solid black for Mexico City.Cool looking with black on black I must say.Also white n bright green for Florida.

9) Lots for El Paso right now in solid white plus many more,mostly in white but other solid colours too.

10) Oregon-bright green for them,can't forget that colour coming down the line.

I just find this interesting,gives me something to learn while at work.

Goonight guys,

DD
    Last edited by STAPrap; 03-10-2005 at 11:32 AM.
    "Pumpin' out da Vic's"

Hey DD,
    If the Port Neches ones have Carpet, Full Cloth interior, and White Hood/Roof/Trunk, more than likely its Texas DPS. DPS inTexas only has Grey or Tan interiors, never seen a blue one. Do they only run P71s certain times of the year, or is it liekly you'll find P71s, P70, P74,M75 all on the line at once.....

Ok,thanks very much marauder 307......again,last night we were pounding out the cars for Pt.Neches.......lots of white n black ones with tan and grey interiors.Lots of solid white with black interior too.Wow,who are getting these cars I wonder?I think Port Neches takes the cake for the most amount of Police units produced in a given period of time man.We have been making cars for them since Sept.2004 on a somewhat regular basis it seems.

DD

PS-Also,going thru right now are 1) two tone blue police interceptors for "Anne Arundel County" Maryland.

2) Black and Dark Army green for Maryland State Patrol

3) Plum and black bumpers for Minnesota State Patrol

4) Lots of Solid White Street Appearance Packages for South Carolina

5) Black and white for Folsom California

6) Taxi- Bright Yellow with Black bumpers for San Fransico

7) Taxi-School Bus Yellow Long Wheel Base for Bronx New York always 2 an hour ongoing.

8) Just finished a round of Royal Blue for Michigan State Patrol and solid black for Mexico City.Cool looking with black on black I must say.Also white n bright green for Florida.

9) Lots for El Paso right now in solid white plus many more,mostly in white but other solid colours too.

10) Oregon-bright green for them,can't forget that colour coming down the line.

I just find this interesting,gives me something to learn while at work.

Goonight guys,

DD
    '15 F250 CC 4WD 6.7L PSD
    '11 CVLX
    '05 E55 AMG
    '91 350SD Turbodiesel

wchain-Yah,the cars all run mixed in together,with February-April being the heavier time for Police unit build dates.
    What does DPS stand for?Dallas Police Service??
    Also,blue interior was discontinued for 2002 model year.

Have a good one,

DD
    "Pumpin' out da Vic's"

wchain-Yah,the cars all run mixed in together,with February-April being the heavier time for Police unit build dates.
    What does DPS stand for?Dallas Police Service??
    Also,blue interior was discontinued for 2002 model year.

Have a good one,

DD

DPS= Department of Public Safety aka Highway Patrol. These are the bad boys. No they used to run B4C Camaros, SSP Mustangs, 9C1 LT1 Caprices, now its 98% Vics, have a few WIMPALAS and INtrepids........
    '15 F250 CC 4WD 6.7L PSD
    '11 CVLX
    '05 E55 AMG
    '91 350SD Turbodiesel

k thanks!

DD

PS-Also made some black n silver Police Cars for Roebuck South Carolina last night.Sharp paint job man!
    "Pumpin' out da Vic's"

k thanks!

DD

PS-Also made some black n silver Police Cars for Roebuck South Carolina last night.Sharp paint job man!

Can you build us a coupla P70 Extended DOHC Crown VIcs? PLEASE?
    '15 F250 CC 4WD 6.7L PSD
    '11 CVLX
    '05 E55 AMG
    '91 350SD Turbodiesel

DD
    Went by two days ago; sorry to tell you this, but they've already been distributed to their respective agencies. I'll continue watching, in case I see some others...

AMDT TO EARLIER POST: My turn to look foolish. Went by the airport again yesterday and found 'em---they were moved around. Took some pics with my cam-phone; they're cruddy, but you can still see---there's a whole lotta cars here! And some trucks/SUVs too...

The car in the foreground of "Cruisers3" and shown on the window sticker in "Cruisers2" are the same---that particular vehicle is bound for Grand Prairie, judging by the name chalked on the DS window. The little black dots you see in the "Cruisers3" picture are sun flares on the paint; the camera in my cellphone can't register the flare because it's too "hot" for the lens to see.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by marauder307; 03-13-2005 at 09:09 AM.

Thread Information