Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Garage door opener (homelink system)

Unhappy Garage door opener (homelink system)

Any one else have problems with their Homelink System (garage door opener) in the overhead console? Ours was working intermittently and has now totally failed. You cant reprogram it or anything. The compass is still working though. Anything to look at before I take it in?
    Matt
    03' Blue/Charcoal, Gone
    04' DTR, Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Matt In Detroit
    Any one else have problems with their Homelink System (garage door opener) in the overhead console? Ours was working intermittently and has now totally failed. You cant reprogram it or anything. The compass is still working though. Anything to look at before I take it in?
    Sorry I can't help... mine has worked with no problems for almost a year now...
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

The only place mine will not work is sitting directly in front of the garage. It works half a block away or inside the garage, just not directly in front of it.

-A
    Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it - what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellowmen. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone. -- Carlos Castaneda

Our's has worked fine ever since I pulled the console down and plugged the wiring harness together... maybe your's has worked its way loose?
    Trilogy #146!!! Self-Installed with a little help!

I have to press and hold the button down for about a half a second to one second. It almost seems like the rolling code portion of programming didn't take and every button press requires a resync or something.

I still have not got mine to work. The Dealer said i had to call a 800# and have them "arm" it??? Thought that was nuts. Been using my trusty sears remote instead. Have tried following the manual several times, codes never work.

Any thoughts???

Quote Originally Posted by rauder775
    I still have not got mine to work. The Dealer said i had to call a 800# and have them "arm" it??? Thought that was nuts. Been using my trusty sears remote instead. Have tried following the manual several times, codes never work.

Any thoughts???
    yup,.. I read the manual,.. tried to program it several times to no avail,.. screw it, my remote clips nicely to my visor.

Same here.

I could not get the Homelink to work either.

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

Unhappy

Same response from the dealer for me, call a 1-800# to which a year later I haven't made the call yet. Guess I should do it pretty soon
    08 Jeep Sahara 4dr
    04 Silver Birch Marauder Sold :-(
    04 Explorer Sport Trac Sold
    98 Ranger 4.0 Sold
    99 Ranger 3.0 4x4 Sold
    79 F250 460 4x4
    69 Mach 1 351W 4V 5spd

Programed mine as per the owners manual and never had a problem.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

so is this a silent 300A Vs 300B issue?

2005 Satin White Pearl Legacy GT
    *Stage 2.5* 13.5 @ 96 MPH
    2003 Black 300A <---Click for pics.
    *Totaled *

Mine has worked fine, but it doesnt have a real long range.
    2005 Dodge 1500 Hemi Quadcab
    2020 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Like Vortex, mine works fine but the range is only about half a block.

I have an '04 and programmed mine following the manual 4X and it still doesn't work. Oh well garage door opener clip nicely to the visor also.
    '04 MARAUDER
    Born on 4/20/04 -- Foster Care on 5/11/04 -- Adopted on 01/27/05
    Heated Seats 6 Disc CD Changer Moonroof
    JLT CAI--Silverstars Heads/Fogs--SCT-9100
    SB IX - SB X - SB XIII - SB XIV - SB XL - SB XLIII
    Trilogy S/C In Due Time

Funny I come here & see this, as I am still PISSED about this very subject from just a couple of hours ago as I speak. I just got done wiring in & installing an OEM overhead console(trip computer & Homelink) in a Dakota & zipping everything all back together.

I was all cleaned up & ready to go back outside to program the buttons but I head over to the front door first to UN-lock it & say to my wife(she's back home from the hospital) ... "don't be startled if I come in thru the front door instead of from the garage. Something tells me I'll be LOCKED out of the garage" ..... which of course' I eventually was. The garage opener I have in my garage is a "Wayne-Dalton" unit.

After not too much muss & fuss(but nevertheless SOME) ... I get all (3) buttons in the Dakota working. But past experience at this house told me my work was FAR from over(had problems getting this opener to work with Homelinks before). Sure as chitt ... I open up the Town Car & check the Homelink in that ...... don't work anymore. Open up the MM & check that ..... also NOTHING.

Get (1) button working on the Town Car again ..... but then the garage remote decides to stop working ... thus - no longer of any use holding up to the Homelink to aid in programming it(same thing happened to me before NUMEROUS times trying to do this with this opener when we moved in). 5 minutes after that ..... the garage door unit itself has decided it has had enough up & down runs for the moment & shuts itself down(to be expected - built in protection).

After the garage door takes a 1/2 hour hiatus & is working again via the inside switch ..... I go back out in the Dakota & now those buttons are all USELESS.

At this point ... the idea of taking a baseball bat to the opener unit was giving me a really perverse tingly feeling south of the border. But as much as it would have given me great pleasure to do so ..... I didn't want all the flying debris destroying the cars & everything else. Probably wouldn't have done much for my wifes state of mind either.

My point ?.

What brands of garage door opener units are you all running ?. Maybe some openers just don't play well with Homelinks ..... no matter whether you follow the garage door opener instructions OR the vehicles owners manual instructions to set up the Homelink(s). Again & again & again ... over & over & over to a "T".

In the past I've programmed the (2) Mountaineers I had with Homelinks, to a Craftsman opener(purchased by me) with rolling code technology and had NO issues WHATSOEVER. Each was programmed in a matter of minutes & worked the first time around.

This Wayne-Dalton brand POS thing here just seems to go all fubar when you run thru the steps to program Homelinks. Ya' get ONE thing working ... then everything else will CEASE to work any more. Took me like a MONTH after moving into this house to finally get the Town Car - MM & both remotes ALL programmed & working TOGETHER all at the SAME time. How the hell I got everything all working before is BEYOND me(luck is about all I can come up with).

I am going to Sears tomorrow or during the week & Wayne-Dalton is gonna die a really PAINFUL death in the very near future ..... I've had it with that thing. I dont care if it's only 3 yrs old(as the rest of the house) ... it's DONE.

When we were renting ... there was some "Blue Max" or some similar named chintzy POS there that didn't like to play nice with Homelinks either.

It was time for a new signature .....

Here it is .....

X

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information