Thread: Better in My 'rauder ...

Better in My 'rauder ...

I've had my marauder long enough now that sometimes I take it for granted without realizing it. I'm sure some of you are nodding your heads right now, cause I'm sure not the only one whose had the feeling of relief in getting back behind the wheel of the marauder after being elsewhere for a time.

I recently had occassion to drive two different vehicles: the wife's 2003 Chevy Cavalier (she bought it before we married and without me knowing, I swear) and my sister-in-law's crappy Nissan mini-pickup. (No nothing was wrong with my MM, I was being a gentleman to help out my new family. And I'm trying to correct their taste in vehicles.)

But, after a few days in these miserable hunks of junk I understand why some people hate their commute and loathe getting into their cars ... the experience was abominable.

First the aural assault: It sounded like the engine was dying to climb through the firewall and I couldn't hear the radio over the road noise. The ride was just as uncomfortable ... cramped cabins with a stick shift. (ugh) I'm 6-feet tall and most of that is legs, so I had to contort myself like a yoga instructor to even operate these POSs. The road just tossed these cars around and the handling was worse than a pine derby racer on a dirt track in the rain.

Thank goodness I have my own ride back. God, please don't make me go out there again without my trusty black steed under me.

Mad1
    Jeremy

We now return you to your regularly scheduled reading of the "Joke of the Day" thread.
    '03 Marauder bone stock
    Build No. 612,178 at St. Thomas plant
    -Tenn. Custom plate: MARAUDR
    - Bob White decals (chrome reflective)
    - Mac 'n Marty "Retro" Fender Badges
    - Autographed by Steve Babcock, Marauder Program Manager 09/20/2003 at First Marauder Meet, Ennis, Texas
    -2XL leather jacket

Quote Originally Posted by Mad1
    ... cause I'm sure not the only one whose had the feeling of relief in getting back behind the wheel of the marauder after being elsewhere for a time.
    Yep, the MM just feels so good to get in. I am thrilled every darned day and the fit is perfect..........
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

YES I know that feeling, the smile goes on your face as soon as you start the Marauder and doesn't come off for hours after you put it away.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

I hear you

I have only put 900 miles on mine since MVII last Aug.

Now that spring is around the corner .........watch out!
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

Captain Steve Guest
    Ugh, I just had a flashback. My beauty was in the car hospital for some .. ahem.. plastic surgury after a run into with a Lumina.

For two Looooooooooooooooong months I was stuck in a 4door Focus.

Thank god I have my car back. I was starting to go a little fruity.. after paying the third car payment in a row without driving my MM.

Luckily, all is good now. I was actually grinning all night last night.. the sales manager at the dealership I bought my car from described my car as "immaculate" when I took it in for an oil change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdogjim
    I hear you

I have only put 900 miles on mine since MVII last Aug.

Now that spring is around the corner .........watch out!

Here comes 901 miles..

Taking for granted.

This is a genuine drivers car. I hate travelling now and the #1 reason is that I really miss driving the MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad1
    But, after a few days in these miserable hunks of junk I understand why some people hate their commute and loathe getting into their cars ... the experience was abominable.

First the aural assault: It sounded like the engine was dying to climb through the firewall and I couldn't hear the radio over the road noise. The ride was just as uncomfortable ... cramped cabins with a stick shift. (ugh) I'm 6-feet tall and most of that is legs, so I had to contort myself like a yoga instructor to even operate these POSs. The road just tossed these cars around and the handling was worse than a pine derby racer on a dirt track in the rain.
    Hey, I resemble this part of the post. I do loathe my daily commute every time I get in the Accord. Now, the car has been good to the family, runs good, and gets decent gas mileage, but it just isn't me. Can't wait for the replacement.
    Eric

2004 Silver Birch Marauder - Sold 04/17/09:
    - #2703 of 3213 '04 Marauders
    - #852 of 987 Silver Birch Marauders
    - Born On Date: 04/23/04
    - Warranty Start Date: 08/11/04
    - MINE as of: 09/09/05

2003 CVPI - Daily Driver
    - Purchased 05/29/07

Absolutely. Whenever I have mine in for service and have to spend a day with a rental, I tend to get used to the rental. When I get my Marauder back I always end up barking the tires pulling out of the dealer. Takes me a few starts to remember that I don't have to give the big beast as much pedal to get her moving as I did the POS rental.
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Lincoln Town Car
    1993 Crown Victoria LX

Thread Information