Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: site membership program

Billatpro Guest

site membership program

I would like to pose an idea here, Is there any way to turn this into a real membership site? I would not have a problem with paying a membership fee to join and perhaps we could come with some kind of "beny" to be a member.

It seems to me that if are all going to benifit from this site we should help support it.

Lets "brain storm it" what ya think?

Sounds good, I just don't think Logan needs any MORE lawyers and legal crap right now.
    Just a thought.
    Black 03MM-A Bought 8/26/02 Built 6/ 21/02 -SOLD
    IMOA MV1, MV2

2008 Lincoln Mark LT, loaded

LML: You should have put "Lawyers, Guns, and Money" on the round flat thingy, for Logan...

:po:
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Re: site membership program

Originally posted by Billatpro
    I would like to pose an idea here, Is there any way to turn this into a real membership site? I would not have a problem with paying a membership fee to join and perhaps we could come with some kind of "beny" to be a member.

It seems to me that if are all going to benifit from this site we should help support it.

Lets "brain storm it" what ya think?
    I think its a good idea.

A club for Late Model Marauder Owners would be much easier to implement than a club for all kinds of Panther Plaform owners because its not as diverse and it doesn't exclude anyone (If I remember correctly, older Vics were not a Panther Platform) so I'm for this idea.

We do need a lawyer however to walk us through the process and get the paperwork right.

--Russ

PS. In order to start brain storming.... here's some food for thought:

1). What will the purpose of this club/community be? (exact terms)

2). What will we name it? (mercurymarauder.net sounds perfect)

3). How would we organize it, and who would run for officers?

Actually, I've got alot of the stuff that would be needed, kind of a "club in a box" kind of deal.

I'll forward it to you JV.

NO...NO...NO...

Sorry to be the devil's advocate on this, but someone has to do that, otherwise, it won't be good brainstorming.

Don't do this, it won't work. When friendships involve money, friendship looses. When organizations organize, friendship looses. Appoint or elect officers, friendship looses. Create fair rules and apply them fairly across the board, friendship looses.

Already, in my head, I hear the problems and complaints...
    "if this is a marauder site, what are these crown vic guys doing here?"
    "hey, I own a 4.6 DOHC, what do I care about SOHC motors, shut yer pie hole!"
    "you don't own a marauder, get the ****** outta here!"
    "what's the board doing with MY membership money, who authorized THAT!" and so on...

Ladies and gentlemen, in my humble opinion, what we have here and now, works. If it works, don't try to fix it. A national "association" may have some aluring benefits, but I can't see them being any more valuable than what I am getting out of this site right now. Discounts on merch? Perhaps. Inside 411 from LM? Maybe. The question is, what more should we expect from organizing into a formal membership? What?

That said, I would support having a nice "credit card" type of membership card for my wallet, a nifty window/bumper decal, and a classy and refined dash plaque, and I'd pay...um...maybe 25. for them. Anything more than that, would ruin what we have going now...IMHO.

Okay...come get me, I'm suited up.
    Last edited by SergntMac; 02-21-2003 at 04:59 PM.

I agree with Sarge.

2004 BLACK MERCURY MARAUDER
    SCT
    JLT Cold Air Induction
    PHP Intake Spacer
    Cobra Ported Manifolds
    Flowmaster 50's
    Magnaflow X-Pipe
    Stallion TC
    4:10's
    Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
    Rear sway bar

1969 GREEN MACH I MUSTANG GT
    351 Windsor
    Shelby Cam
    Shelby Tri-Y headers
    Ported and polished heads
    10.5:1 Domed pistons/rods
    Balanced and blue-printed
    Offenhauser Intake
    NOS plummed under intake (8 fuel injectors, 8 NOS injectors)
    Art Carr TC
    Tranny shift kit
    Dual ignition with MSD
    3:90 Posi rear end
    Bought car when I was 16 and still have it

Same sentiment here as the Sarge's

Sarg - You make some very valid points when it comes to friendship and money. We should stress the importance of supporting the vendors who support this site. John
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

I'm with you SergntMac, I've received so much information from this site and got to know alot of the Members Personality by how they present their material on the board. I'm pleased with what's here already, and like you said "if it ain't broke don't try to fix it". Just my thoughts. I'm with the dash plaque and wallet size plastic membership card, etc.etc.
    Carlos
    '03 Marauder 300A
    • Built 8-23-02
    • TRADED IN

Smile if you put it this way....

Originally posted by SergntMac

That said, I would support having a nice "credit card" type of membership card for my wallet, a nifty window/bumper decal, and a classy and refined dash plaque, and I'd pay...um...maybe 25. for them. Anything more than that, would ruin what we have going now...IMHO.
    That about summed up my dreams and hopes for this club. I can hardly wait to get Logan's "club in a box" deal thingy and examine it (thanks Logan) if the cost is not too high I'll pay the fee to register mercurymarauder.net and have it recognized as an official entity.

The rest of the details will go from there, for those that wish to chip in I'm sure I'll ask for it when I get some real $#'s down. We do have to find a place that does plaques (a wooden background with a round hubcap godhead badge and a chrome/gold plate on it stating owner's name, MM member # and his MM VIN# etched in) would look great on any enthusiast's wall, (credit card type) ID cards and window stickers (hopefuly static so you can remove it whenever you're cleaning your windows or want to re-locate it to another spot). Everyone can pay for their own MM.net kit.

One of the things we could do as a community... well we can certainly all go up to the STAP cruise in St. Thomas in June, than convoy to the Dearborn Ford 100th Anniversary Celebration, and enjoy the memories from that for a lifetime! I guess thats what clubs do.

It seems to me this would be a lot more acceptable idea. So forget about officers and agendas and focus on the everyday events on the forums. Can we agree on that?

--Russ

I agree with Sarge. On the other hand, if Logan needs help with the sire financially, I think we would all agree that he should let us know and, based on his turn out for the Quints (clearly a show of our respect and appreciation for Logan), we would (should???) all pitch in. How 'bout it Logan, need a hand??

P.S. If we are going to formally organize, I nominate Crafty(Slow)poke to be in charge of the cards and stickers. Sorry Rick, but no good deed goes unpunished!!

Do I hear ROAD TRIP!
    Seriously, thanks Sarge and JV, both good ideas.
    Lets not muddy up a perfectly fine place with too much legalese.
    Just my take on things. [Which are GREAT as-is]
    Black 03MM-A Bought 8/26/02 Built 6/ 21/02 -SOLD
    IMOA MV1, MV2

2008 Lincoln Mark LT, loaded

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    I agree with Mac

I don't understand this from Russ

I'll pay the fee to register mercurymarauder.net and have it recognized as an official entity.
    Isn't mercurymarauder.net already registered, and belonging to Logan?

registered as a non-profit or chartered as a club.

mercurymarauder.com and mercurymarauder.net are just domain names.

--Russ

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information