Thread: More POWER 5.0 CRATE MOTOR

Cool More POWER 5.0 CRATE MOTOR

Just came across this.

LINK
    300A , Valentine 1 / K-40 Laser Defuser + ,SCT Tuner XCal2 ,180 T-Stat,Plugs,4:10 gears,
    KB Dead Pedal, Factory Spoiler ,Dynamat Xtreme,Tint,Rear cooling Kit (DR),
    Stallion Torque Converter (DR),PHP Intake Spacer Kit,K&N 63-1111cold air kit
    Kooks Headers.

Impressive...Nicely built for an "out of the box" motor. N/A, and supercharging is out of the question. Octane may be a problem too, with that 11:1 compression, but hey, with that much bolt in HP and TQ, who cares?

No price stated, but I would expect cost to be in the neighborhood of adding S/C to our MMs anyway, so, let's see where this "crate" option is, once we see where our MM S/C options come in, take another peek at this in...June? Maybe, August '03?

Thanks for the 411, Badger, it's good to see developers are still thinking "outside the box," but in a crate too.
    Last edited by SergntMac; 02-22-2003 at 04:46 PM.

11:1 should be able to run on pump 93, especially with a reputable octane booster on top of that. Otherwise, nice motor!

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    that's the new engine from Ford Racing It is a mod motor, even though they are redundantly calling it "cammer"
    Some people think it's an old windsor 5.0 with special ohc heads etc.

Ford has done this right, as i understand it will be available with a selection of wire harnesses and accessories to facilitate installing it in all sorts of vehicles. They are after the Rod and Custom, Hot rod and Street Rod markets as well
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Thread Information