Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Underbody lighting kit... again.

TechHeavy Guest

Underbody lighting kit... again.

Ok guys,
    I know I'll probably catch some flak about this mod seeming "rice-tastic", but I put up some pics so I can hear what you all think.
    All I did was substitute the white lights that came with the factory underbody security lighting kit with some that I thought looked nicer, (or ricer... if you will... lol).
    Anyway, the kit still works just like Donny's and other factory kits, (meaning the lights come on when you unlock doors with the key-fob, and dim automatically when the interior lights dim as well.... yes, the lights are tied into the interior lights power source).
    I used Streetglow neon blue, (gold series) which have a lifetime road guarantee. 4 total, one for the front, back, and 2 sides.
    I also added a toggle switch, (mounted near the parking brake) that I can use to turn on manually if I want the teen-aged girls to look at me, (or rather, my car). This is what you see in the pics, (hence no interior lights).
    The first pic is with a camera flash, the others are with no flash.

What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'll join in to get slammed with you, I like it.
    300A
    born 08-27-02
    Adjusted air in and air out.
    400+ timeslips.

When in doubt, GAS IT! This will either fix the problem, or end the suspense.

TechHeavy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T. Casey
    I'll join in to get slammed with you, I like it.
    Thanks Paul!

Dave, that's not exactly my cup of tea, but I'm not going to slam you for that. It's your car bud. For what it's worth, if I, uhmmm, had to choose between what you have now, and that original security lighting thang, then I'd choose what you have. ....thanks for the pics.

It looks like the Civic's nasty big brother.
    Dan

Rest area, rest home -- what difference does it make? I'm sure Grandma enjoyed seeing all those big trucks pulling in and out.

TechHeavy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGman
    Dave, that's not exactly my cup of tea, but I'm not going to slam you for that. It's your car bud. For what it's worth, if I, uhmmm, had to choose between what you have now, and that original security lighting thang, then I'd choose what you have. ....thanks for the pics.
    LOL! You cracked me up Billy. I didn't expect you to make any comments on this post because you've already expressed to me your thoughts on this sort of "bling", but thanks for the nice comment. Hey, at least you didn't call me the "G" word!

Hey, Billy, you're a single guy. Don't you want your car to say to young girls, "Look at me, look at me!" when you unlock the doors???

TechHeavy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dwasson
    It looks like the Civic's nasty big brother.
    Oh NO! Dan, don't do it! Oh man.... I'm going to go sit in the corner now....
    (Besides, I know you'll want to check it out on April 16th!)

Quote Originally Posted by TechHeavy
    . Hey, at least you didn't call me the "G" word! LOL!!! Don't temp me to do that Dave.

Hey, Billy, you're a single guy. Don't you want your car to say to young girls, "Look at me, look at me!" when you unlock the doors???
    Well, then, maybe I should just go ahead and get a grill that looks like those "Lite-brite" games that were around when we were kids, and get the lighted brake and gas pedals too. If the lady in question has to be impressed with my car for her attention to be won, then she's no great catch.

Anyway, as much as I don't even want to say this, uhmm, you did pick a cool color (boy that hurt to say that!).
    Last edited by BillyGman; 04-07-2005 at 11:06 AM.

TechHeavy Guest
    Well, then, maybe I should just go ahead and get a grill that looks like those "Lite-brite" games that were around when we were kids, and get the lighted brake and gas pedals too. If the lady in question has to be impressed with my car for her attention to be won, then she's no great catch.
    I know Billy. I think you have the "right" philosophy on this subject from our brief discussion on this earlier, (without having to had learn the hard way as I did). I'm just ribbing you is all... We're going to have fun at MVIII. I can't wait!

I know Billy. I think you have the "right" philosophy on this subject from our brief discussion on this earlier, (without having to had learn the hard way as I did). I'm just ribbing you is all... We're going to have fun at MVIII. I can't wait!
    You mean that I'll actually have to be seen standing next to you and your Marauder with those blue lights on???

TechHeavy Guest
    BTW, I've learned that the wiring for this mod, (minus the lights) can be done for under $20. The factory manual, (and wiring manual) can be had online. You don't have to have the factory kit, (which is good since they are no longer available... anywhere) but you must provide your own lights. PM me for details if interested.

TechHeavy Guest
    You mean that I'll actually have to be seen standing next to you and your Marauder with those blue lights on???
    No Billy. Not at all. They stay off most of the time, (but now I know how to get rid of you quick!).

No Billy. Not at all. They stay off most of the time, (but now I know how to get rid of you quick!).
    LOL...........

TechHeavy Guest

Ok guys, coming home from work... I'd like your opinions.... (Not onions, Dan). What do you all think?

I like it!
    '15 F250 CC 4WD 6.7L PSD
    '11 CVLX
    '05 E55 AMG
    '91 350SD Turbodiesel
    '97 Land Cruiser/78 Land Cruiser

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information