Thread: Keeping The MM

Romo53 Guest

Keeping The MM

Upon further financial review, I have decided to keep the MM. I am starting my own business in the fall, and I think the MM will help it along. Thanks to all who responded to my other thread. Maury....you can relax now.

Excellent news, Good Luck with the new business!
    Clay

Romo53 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger
    Excellent news, Good Luck with the new business!
    A most gracious thank you!

That was a good move. Lots of luck with your new venture.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

twolow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by twolow
    Congrats!!! and that new venture is???
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Good News !!!!

I'm glad to hear things worked out for you---let us know what your new business will be when you are on your way. If you had sold it, I was going to offer you my keys any time you felt lonesome for your Marauder Stay safe---hope you can make the picnic on Saturday---Maury
    2003 MM 300B Black
    Born 11/12/02 Adopted 3/29/03
    "SHADOW"
    Hood Ornament

Romo53 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc
    Congrats!!! and that new venture is???
    I'm going to do vehicle restorations, custom tool chest sales (for vehicles), tear drop trailer contruction, and classic/hot rod storage, just to name a few!

Pflugerville, Tx (spittin' distance from Austin)
    I recently went thru the same kind of deal you did. I had decided to give up my MM and buy a truck... but I gave in the the emotion and feelings that made me buy it in the first place. That and while I was cleaning out the interior with my 2.5 year old - and he kept saying "My car" and kissed the embossed God's head on the driver's seat... I told him - not like he'll remember - that I'd keep the MM until he was able to drive, and when he was ready, I would turn it over to him. I hope seriously that I can do that.

-TxKent

Good decision. Good luck with your new venture. Maybe you can work on some type of cheap (decent) storage device for the MM trunk, for those of us not fortunate enough to have the factory option.

JR

2003 Black MM 300A
    Build date: 6/4/02
    Start date:11/16/02
    Adopted 10/22/04
    #507 of 7838
    *40% Tint
    2011 Pearlwhite Nissan Maxima

I have days when I have regrets about the extra financial load, but a drive on an open road makes them go away.
    White Lightning Kiarauder:
    2011 Kia Forte EX Minisculus Pimpmobilius Extremus
    Built-in Nav, Bluetooth, USB port, aux/ipod jack, ]2 power ports and Sunroof! six speed auto trans w/ Sportmatic, dead pedal, rear-view camera. Voice cmd for radio, sat, nav, cell phone and MP3.
    Four very muscular, steroid-enhanced, genetically mutated, Mountain Dew injected, wild racing hamsters cavorting under the hood.
    ............................... ...................
    Black Thunder:
    2004 Marauder - Black w/black interior
    Sequence number is 39 of 3213
    Traded in 12/12/10
    --------------------------------------
    2003 Marauder - Dark Blue Pearl
    XCalibrator2/Reinhart tune
    Sequence number is 37 of 327
    10/10/2009 ---- Blue Thunder has gone on to a much better place -----
    Martyo's Garage!!!!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by txkent
    I recently went thru the same kind of deal you did. I had decided to give up my MM and buy a truck... but I gave in the the emotion and feelings that made me buy it in the first place. That and while I was cleaning out the interior with my 2.5 year old - and he kept saying "My car" and kissed the embossed God's head on the driver's seat... I told him - not like he'll remember - that I'd keep the MM until he was able to drive, and when he was ready, I would turn it over to him. I hope seriously that I can do that.

-TxKent
    Man what a tear jerker! I went through the same ordeal when I sold my ole 98 Cobra. My son was very upset when "daddys fast car" went away. I made everything right with the purchase of a certian supercharger .

Romo53, congrats on the new biz!!

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

Quote Originally Posted by txkent

-TxKent
    Yeah txkent.... know what ya mean. The little ones sure can tear at the old heart strings with stuff like that. My only child (now almost twenty years old) used to call a 1982 Jeep Scrambler I had when he was little his "Jeek". He used to want to go out to the garage just before bedtime every night and give it a kiss and say "nite-nite" to it. He usually remembered to mention it in his bedtime prayers too. I did in fact keep it till he was seventeen just in case he might take an interest in it. He didn't; was more interested in "real" pick-ups with V-8 power by then. Bought him a V-8 Dakota instead. Ended up reluctantly selling the "Jeek" a couple years back for a great price to help pay his college tuition expenses. Still see it around town once in awhile though.... now entertaining a new generation of little guys. Anyway...your a good dad, and thanks for the memory. BILL P.S. Romo.....with nostalgia and all, almost forgot. Congratulations on deciding to keep your MM and good luck with the new ventures.
    Last edited by wsmylie; 04-18-2005 at 01:42 PM.

Thread Information