Thread: JLT Marauder Kit and the Trilogy Marauder....Great results...

MI2QWK4U Guest

JLT Marauder Kit and the Trilogy Marauder....Great results...

It would seem that a Trilogy Marauder may benefit more than just in HP and Torque. When we had the Dyno Day at Lidio's shop, we noticed something remarkable. Deebar mad a pull, and the numbers were great, but the best thing the sheet showed was the fact that his boost was up...a full pound. Dee and I have the same pulley, basically the same mods as well. The best we could determine, the difference was the JLT Marauder Kit he had installed recently!

So for all of you Trilogy owners, keep your eyes open for some more testing that we will be doing with Lidio, a couple of configurations from JLT, and my Marauder. If nothing else you could go back a size in the pully and still pull the same boost level. I doubt i will do that!! But it is a nice option for guys that want a little more boost, and not have to spin the blower any harder to get it.

The kit will be installed on mine, and we will make a run to see what the difference is, and basically see if the kit will have repeat results on my car as it did on Dee's.

Trilogy guys, this could mean a substancial increase for very little money. Im glad K&N couldnt get me their kit! This JLT kit has much more promise.
    More to follow...

Well, it was great talking to you today and I hope all goes well with the test.

I will get the kit boxed up and on it's way tomorrow. Looking forward to the results.
    Call me from Lidio's.
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by MI2QWK4U
    It would seem that a Trilogy Marauder may benefit more than just in HP and Torque. When we had the Dyno Day at Lidio's shop, we noticed something remarkable. Deebar mad a pull, and the numbers were great, but the best thing the sheet showed was the fact that his boost was up...a full pound. Dee and I have the same pulley, basically the same mods as well. The best we could determine, the difference was the JLT Marauder Kit he had installed recently!

So for all of you Trilogy owners, keep your eyes open for some more testing that we will be doing with Lidio, a couple of configurations from JLT, and my Marauder. If nothing else you could go back a size in the pully and still pull the same boost level. I doubt i will do that!! But it is a nice option for guys that want a little more boost, and not have to spin the blower any harder to get it.

The kit will be installed on mine, and we will make a run to see what the difference is, and basically see if the kit will have repeat results on my car as it did on Dee's.

Trilogy guys, this could mean a substancial increase for very little money. Im glad K&N couldnt get me their kit! This JLT kit has much more promise.
    More to follow...
    Typically, Lightnings pick up about 1lb of measured boost with a free flowing air kit. I would expect the same with a Marauder, with (essentially) the same blower on top. I wonder... Does it increase the blower whine volume, too?
    2001 Silver SVT Lightning - 2011 Blue Flame F150 FX4 Supercrew Ecoboost

SOLD 2003 Marauder (300A)

MI2QWK4U Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by QWK SVT
    Typically, Lightnings pick up about 1lb of measured boost with a free flowing air kit. I would expect the same with a Marauder, with (essentially) the same blower on top. I wonder... Does it increase the blower whine volume, too?

We will find out soon!

MikesMerc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by QWK SVT
    Typically, Lightnings pick up about 1lb of measured boost with a free flowing air kit. I would expect the same with a Marauder, with (essentially) the same blower on top.
    That rule of thumb applies nicely when comparing the free flowing kit to the oem intake path. What is really interesting to point out here is that Dave already has a Pro-M meter, as did Deebar. So that bottleneck was already removed. That means the 1lb gain comes solely from the inlet elbow design.

My JLT will be on order shortly

Quote Originally Posted by MikesMerc
    That rule of thumb applies nicely when comparing the free flowing kit to the oem intake path. What is really interesting to point out here is that Dave already has a Pro-M meter, as did Deebar. So that bottleneck was already removed. That means the 1lb gain comes solely from the inlet elbow design.

My JLT will be on order shortly
    Think of the blower as a big vacuum, and the stock intake now becomes a little straw. Anything you can do to remove the straw will help.

The stock intake might be good, but a panel filter simply can't keep up with an improved Eaton. I had a K&N panel filter on the Lightning, until recently. With the blower ported and polished, and a 4lb lower pulley, I was pushing 13 - 14 lbs. of boost. Witht he addition of a K&N FIPK (thank the g/f for the thoughtful Christmas gift) it gets up to 16-ish on a cool day, and definitely builds boost faster.

PS - I already ordered my JLT... Can't wait to put it on my (otherwise) stock MM!
    2001 Silver SVT Lightning - 2011 Blue Flame F150 FX4 Supercrew Ecoboost

SOLD 2003 Marauder (300A)

bigslim Guest
    Dave, DeeBar used his Pro-M air filter with the JLT tube. It was not the full kit. He modded the tube to fit the existing Pro-M filter. I soon will have my car dyno'd before and after the K&N kit on my car when the Trilogy is put on. I will go out to Lidio's to have it tuned and have the kit put on. I will post results once it is done.

MI2QWK4U Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bigslim
    Dave, DeeBar used his Pro-M air filter with the JLT tube. It was not the full kit. He modded the tube to fit the existing Pro-M filter. I soon will have my car dyno'd before and after the K&N kit on my car when the Trilogy is put on. I will go out to Lidio's to have it tuned and have the kit put on. I will post results once it is done.

I know Darryl. We are going to dyno test a few different setups. One will mirror Dee's pull, with the tube and my pro-m, just like he had. then we will try different combos with the full JLT kit, which I understand is set up for stock MAF, either the Marauder or the larger Lightning. Gonna give it a good solid effort. I was sliding towards the K&N, but the intake tube size is so much smaller than JLT's, which I didn't realize untill I saw Dee's at Lidio's. Go to the JLT site and look at the Dyno sheets, some compare with the K&N. Besides, you cant beat Jay's prices. Like Mike said, I'm all about more boost while not spinning the blower harder, it may pop me up to 525...who knows.

bigslim Guest
    Good luck man. Nice to have our President leading the way.

Thread Information