Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marauder Rims... on a Vic.

Smile Marauder Rims... on a Vic.

How hard is it to find Marauder rims out there? I checked e-bay, none there.

Where do you look for a set? And what are the going prices...

I don't think I need them just yet, but I've been toying with the idea of getting a set and painting them black for the Vic. Would look mean!

--Russ

Russ,

Check E-bay again and be real quick about it...you only have 4 hours..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33748

This is the third set I have seen listed on E-bay..
    Wayne

He spelled 'MARAUDER" wrong................I check daily and didn't see these....I guess that's why
    "From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe"

He's here! Carson James Mo--our 1st
    Born 6/02/2005

Member Windy City Marauders

1988 Mustang LX notch
    5.0 5 speed
    Engine by Total Performance
    GONE rear ended by a douchbag on his phone

1990 Mustang LX Notch bought from the original owner

2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (hers)

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
    (")_(")* into your signature to help her gain world domination.

these come with tires... I'd have to buy my own for the Supercharged application...

I had another thing I haven't researched well enough yet that would prevent me from buying these.... will they fit a pre-03 Vic? Was the suspension re-design significant enough to make them not fit? I mean the steelies look totaly different.

--Russ

Jersey:

The 2003 Marauder/CV was changed and I think the offset of the wheels changed a lot...the 2002 and earlier rims had a greater (?) offset so the 2003 rims would mount too far inboard...make the car look like a roller skate...ask Stealth Vic...he has a 2002 CV LX Sport and his rims look sweet, but he says the 2003 version is different...flatter looking, like the Marauder...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Russ,

The offset is significantly different between 02 and 03. The 03 is 50mm and the earlier models are 24mm I think... The back spacing is different as well according to the app guides I have looked at... Better check that one real close before you drop the bucks...
    Wayne

yea yea, I'm well aware how different the SAP rims are now, they look a lot flatter.... even if you look at the steel wheels, the new ones are ugly and pushed all the way out....

I guess this is a bad idea. Oh well.

--Russ

Russ:

If it's any consolation, I actually like the earlier rims better, especially the ones on Stealth's car...the stock Marauder rims are WAY too much chrome for the car...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    That guy has had those wheels on tires on eBay before. I had e-mailed about them, then the auction ended early. The guy told me they had sold. I guess the deal fell through
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Billatpro Guest
    Originally posted by RF Overlord
    Russ:

If it's any consolation, I actually like the earlier rims better, especially the ones on Stealth's car...the stock Marauder rims are WAY too much chrome for the car...
    No such thing as too much chrome!!!!

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    The CVLXSport rims look like what they put on SUVs. The Marauder rms are a great design, they're forged, not cast, and polished, not chrome
    Member Number 32

An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

JV:

I can get wheels (new) locally from a place called Blackburns Tire and wheel. The owners son is Tory. I THINK he was asking $325 or so for new ones. He is the big OEM wheel shop in northeast ohio.

If you are interested call him at 330-467-0236.
    Occationally he aquires used ones, at a much better price.
    If you call, tell him Barry G. refered you.
    2017 Niro

CRUZ, they actually have Marauder wheels?
    Member Number 32

Marauder Wheels

Wheels are still for sale on E-Bay. No bids 37 min. left. John
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

Originally posted by RCSignals
    CRUZ, they actually have Marauder wheels?
    RC: I don't know how this kid does it. He's amazing. He told me he had the rims before the car hit the market. His showroom is incredible, ANY oem wheel you want. I picked up four oem 5-spoke 17" chrome wheels for the wifes LS last christmas. $1240 new.
    He does trades on quality stuff.
    2017 Niro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information