Thread: Eibach springs

twolow Guest

Eibach springs

I see them for around $140 online, is this about as good as can be found?

Also, how much would you estimate a local shop might charge for installation? I was going to call tomorrow but curiousity is setting in.

Quote Originally Posted by twolow

Also, how much would you estimate a local shop might charge for installation? I was going to call tomorrow but curiousity is setting in.
    I've got 2 sets for sale for $50 + shipping, per set (FedEx ground would be under $10, I'm sure). Feel free to PM me.

The Marauder is not "timeless" yet, something much better has come along.

Ask TAF about his development, it was his doing.

Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac
    The Marauder is not "timeless" yet, something much better has come along.

Ask TAF about his development, it was his doing.

I had Eibachs on my last ride. When new they were great. After about 10k miles I was no longer impressed as they were not holding up to normal use, especially in cold weather.
    2004 DTR Marauder, Built 26 February 2004, Inservice: 02 July 2004 Retired from DD 17 July 2008. Survived the cut, 28 April 2012. Back as a DD as of 18 November 2012.

twolow Guest
    I called a dependable local shop and was quoted $350 to put the springs in and have the front end aligned afterward. This shop has never been the best price in town but it does stand behind its work.

$350 highway robbery or average?

I called a dependable local shop and was quoted $350 to put the springs in and have the front end aligned afterward. This shop has never been the best price in town but it does stand behind its work.

That is high. Mine went on for $125, but did not include the alignment.

twolow Guest
    Oh man, that is high then. There is a performance mustang shop here that is known for its work. Its a shack of a place but does a lot of this stuff. Maybe I'll call tomorrow and get a quote.

This is a hard question to answer honestly, because shop labor rates are different across the country. Most shops use a flat rate time schedule, but the dollar per hour differs. When I replaced my front shocks, which is exactly the same proceedure, I paid 125.00 labor, and my rate is 75.00 per hour at my local L/M dealership. So, flat rate time would be right around 1.75 hours on the install, and a decent 4 wheel alignment in these parts usually goes for 69.95. Sometimes, a authorized dealership has the best deal, 80 percent of the work on my MM has been done under a L/M roof.

twolow Guest
    So a dealer will do this modification stuff? I figured they just did factory stuff.

So a dealer will do this modification stuff? I figured they just did factory stuff.
    Hard to say...

If you're not concerned with protecting your factory warranty, why should the dealership be concerned? If the mod you desire to have installed won't voilate the factory warranty, or, your's has expired, I can't see why any dealership would turn you away. Money is money, and quite often, it's the repair shop income that keep the lights turned on while sales roller-coaster.

BTW, do you know that the front springs are a "coil over shock" like assembly? Not all shops have the necessary spring compression equipment in house to install such assemblies. Check this out when checking out repair shops, you don't need to hear the wrench mumble "rut row" after he pulls your front suspension down. It's not a highly technical install, but IMHO, leave this install to an authorized L/M shop with skilled wrenches and correct shop tools. It may be a few more dollars, but it will get done right.

You just might want to align it after a few miles on the Eibachs. If they replace the springs and align it the alignment will change, maybe a lot, after the car settles.
    Dan

Rest area, rest home -- what difference does it make? I'm sure Grandma enjoyed seeing all those big trucks pulling in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by rayjay
    I had Eibachs on my last ride. When new they were great. After about 10k miles I was no longer impressed as they were not holding up to normal use, especially in cold weather.
    Doh!, I should have read and understood the title of this thread. I was referring to Eibach Pro Dampers. No experience with their springs.
    2004 DTR Marauder, Built 26 February 2004, Inservice: 02 July 2004 Retired from DD 17 July 2008. Survived the cut, 28 April 2012. Back as a DD as of 18 November 2012.

twolow Guest
    The local FLM dealer acted like I just asked him to make wine from water when i asked if he could put some Eibach springs on. He asked what they did and what they were LOL.

He said they can't guarantee that kind of work but guessed they could do it (that made me feel confident!). He quoted $360.

This dealership is definately no Team Ford calibur shop LOL.
    Last edited by twolow; 04-22-2005 at 08:29 AM.

Phil @ FLP Guest
    Any compentent speed shop is going to have a spring compressor. $350 doesnt sound bad including an alignment.

Thread Information