Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2005 Mustang GT Mark-up

2005 Mustang GT Mark-up

Just dropped my daughter's '99 Mustang off for some service this morning. Out front there was a really nice looking black 2005 Mustang GT. It was MSRP'd at $26,995; but the dealer had added a sticker increasing the price by $3,000 for "Limited Availability". Anyone else seeing 11% mark-ups on the prices. This is the first one that I have seen on their lot and this dealer is huge.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Markup

That's actually not that bad because I've seen markup from $5,000 to $10,000 on them. Out of the six local dealers in my area not one Gt is on the lot.
    2004 Marauder
    Black
    Dark Charcoal Interior

2006 Mustang GT
    Satin Silver
    Black Leather Int.
    5-Speed Auto Trans.

2003 Grand Marquis LSE
    Silver

twolow Guest
    Dealers have V6's all day long but the GT's are gone as fast as they get them, either buy selling it or another lot begging to get it off their hands.

My Local Dealer has a black V6 with Lambo Style doors and dubs with a 10K markup, and its been there since JANUARY!
    '15 F250 CC 4WD 6.7L PSD
    '11 CVLX
    '05 E55 AMG
    '91 350SD Turbodiesel
    '97 Land Cruiser/78 Land Cruiser

Don't worry, soon they'll be just like all the other Mustangs out there.
    Heck, Chevy is even offering some great deals on thet SSR thing now.
    Once the new wears off things will get back to normal.
    04 Crown Victoria Sport

2008 Harley Davidson Nightrain- sold....

2016 Harley Davidson Street Glide - Olive Gold

1995 F150 4x2 4.9 5spd

1995 Schwinn High Plains 21 speed, custom gearing.

Cool Stangs

Ford says demand is very high for the V8's and they only have about 10,000 on dealer lots. Contrast that to slumping sales for SUV's and trucks and they are cutting production.

By the way, look for huge discounts on most GM products as they try and clear their 05 inventory.
    MM03 , black (Is there any other color?)
    Trilogy # 120
    Zainoed
    JLT CAI

It is BS! Ford cut production of the mazda that is produced on the same assembly line and is making more Mustangs. It is a self imposed shortage to gouge the customer! Last year at this time I was was hell bent on the new GT. Glad I went with the MM!

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

Arrow My .02

Quote Originally Posted by twolow
    Dealers have V6's all day long but the GT's are gone as fast as they get them, either buy selling it or another lot begging to get it off their hands.
    It is the same where I work. GT's go after they come off of the truck. V6 models stick around a while.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

bigslim Guest
    Right now the Mustang is the hottest car in the US. It is hotter and has sold more than Chrysler's hot 300. Here is an article run in the Detroit Free Press. http://www.freep.com/money/autonews/...e_20050601.htm

My local Ford dealer has a 5K add-on sticker too, and I hope folks can stay patient enough to wait them out. I hate crap like that. I've heard that production is behind because sales are high, but not a word spoken on any cut backs.

It is one sharp car, and with a few mild mods (chip, gears, exhaust), mid 12s!

Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac
    My local Ford dealer has a 5K add-on sticker too, and I hope folks can stay patient enough to wait them out. I hate crap like that. I've heard that production is behind because sales are high, but not a word spoken on any cut backs.

It is one sharp car, and with a few mild mods (chip, gears, exhaust), mid 12s!

Yup. I read supposedly that the Allocation for GTs is filled for 2005 already. So you either buy one that the dealer has, or you order a 2006.
    '15 F250 CC 4WD 6.7L PSD
    '11 CVLX
    '05 E55 AMG
    '91 350SD Turbodiesel
    '97 Land Cruiser/78 Land Cruiser

Ricka11 Guest
    Hey Bluerauder:

Koons Ford in Falls Church has a couple of black GT Mustangs on the lot and they are both marked up 5K and are selling over 31K. The dealership also has a Ford GT that is roped off with a msrp of 156K with a 100K mark up. This includes a full tank of gas for 256K dollar vehicle. But man, that is one sweet ride. Silver with black stripe down the middle. Sales person who unloads that beauty can take the rest of the year off.
    Last edited by Ricka11; 06-02-2005 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricka11
    Hey Bluerauder:

Koons Ford in Falls Church has a couple of black GT Mustangs on the lot and they are both marked up 5K and are selling over 31K. The dealership also has a Ford GT that is roped off with a msrp of 126K with a 100K mark up. This includes a full tank of gas for 256K dollar vehicle. But man, that is one sweet ride. Silver with black stripe down the middle. Sales person who unloads that beauty can take the rest of the year off.
    Nice to hear from you Ricka11 !! You left the last CAM meet before the S/C, rubber, and exhaust tone demonstrations !!

What would anyone ever do with a Ford GT in Northern Virginia?? Could you imagine sitting in traffic on the beltway waiting for some idjit on a cell phone to smack your rear or side? How about just parking it anywhere in the DC, VA or MD area? For $226-256K including the mark-up, no thanks.

Now I do have mixed feelings on the $3-5K mark-up on the Mustang GT. Part of me says that this is just the workings of the good old supply and demand system. But another part of me says that this is just where the supply has been artificially reduced to drive up demand and prices. :load of crap: The auto companies are learning from the annual "gasoline fraud" perpetuated on the public every spring. Shortage my It's consumer manipulation based on greed.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

jjaguda Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder
    Just dropped my daughter's '99 Mustang off for some service this morning. Out front there was a really nice looking black 2005 Mustang GT. It was MSRP'd at $26,995; but the dealer had added a sticker increasing the price by $3,000 for "Limited Availability". Anyone else seeing 11% mark-ups on the prices. This is the first one that I have seen on their lot and this dealer is huge.
    I bought a 2005 GT, black, manual, interior upgrade for $500.00 under the $27,500.00 Sticker. Generally, I happened to walk onto the lot with a buddy looking for a '04. My. GT just came off of the truck. THe deal fell through. That was a Friday. I called Monday and the car was still there. Bought it Tuesday. Yes there will be lots of them on the road sooner or later. So what. I did have to trade both of my MM to make the wife happy, but I'll just pick up one in a year or so that has been sitting in someone's garage collecting dust ----- probably for a song. Traded both MMs for a higher price than I paid for them, and, got full credit against the Louisiana tax.

They really are a completely new car. I did not believe that Ford could build a car like this. They proved me wrong. I even like the stock exhaust - 2.5 inch mandrel bent with a growl at start-up and under WOT, but quiet at cruise speed. ALREADY have Lidio lined up to do a tune (Lidio - don't forget about me, man!).

Chaplain's Opinion

Folks, understood that in a free market economy, the laws of supply and demand will dictate the marketplace.

Also understood that the people I am privileged to work alongside each day put their lives on the line to defend and protect our rights to livelihood and prosperity.

That being said, I'm not convinced that LEOs and military folks have it in their job description to support and defend price gouging, and disproportionate profit taking.

Luckily for us who are eligible to purchase cars through military sales, the program protects us from paying above sticker. It usually cuts us a 5% -10% deal, regardless of the make and model of American car or model of HD Motorcycle.

One of the reasons I bought my MM through military sales was the initial "dealer markup" rumor that floated around in spring 2002 when they first announced the building of MMs.

Enough preaching already, back to the regularly scheduled thread. -kjs-

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information