View Poll Results: September Marauder Feast

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will attend the Open House on Friday.

16 64.00%
  • I will drag race at Gainesville on Saturday.

16 64.00%
  • I will bring one (1) additional person to Gainesville.

6 24.00%
  • I will bring two (2) additional people to Gainesville.

1 4.00%
  • I will bring three (3) additional people to Gainesville.

1 4.00%
  • I will attend the Drag Racing School, if held.

9 36.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Update September Marauder Feast

Update September Marauder Feast

I wanted to update the September event we have in the works for the Club. As well as the Crown Vic club. It will be a September Marauder Fest. Since we have invited the Mach 1 club, and Justin Starkey of Velocity Mustangs is asking his Mustang friends to come as well, I guess we could call it MMM Feast.

Right now there is confirmation of a Frank Hawley driving class on the September 16 - Bring Your Own Car. http://www.frankhawley.com/byoc.php
    (We need to hear from you if you are interested.) http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...threadid=16155

So here is what we have planned. Right here in Orange Park there are five different chain hotels handy to the interstate. I am calling Monday to price a group rate.

We are having open house and Dyno day on Friday, September 16. Lunch will be at Noon. We will have raffles as well as a live band. Dyno Pulls will be 50.00. David Posea from SCT will be here as well as Justin Starkey, who came to MVII for the Dyno session I had set up there.

On Saturday, September 17, we have rented Gainesville Raceway from 8:00 am until 6:00 pm. The track then opens to the public till 11:00 pm. I have hired County Caterers to serve "the real thing!" - southern cooking at its finest! Smoked pulled pork, and all the condiments. We will have an SCT booth set up there. I really think this will be great time.

On Sunday we can all meet at the Cracker Barrel for breakfast and be on our way. There are any number of things to do for those that come before the 16th, Saint Augustine is 40 minutes from Orange park, Orlando is two hours away. Jacksonville has a very nice Zoo.

We anticipate an average cost in the 65.00 dollar range per car for the track (including lunch for the driver; lunch for non-drivers will be about $10, including beverage.) Again, we will finalize this within the next few weeks. I would like to go ahead and start an attendance survey so we can get this show on the road. Bunny is helping we with this so I thank her a lot. I am really looking forward to another great gathering of friends.
    Last edited by Dennis Reinhart; 06-19-2005 at 06:11 PM. Reason: typo

Whats a fine time like this w/o DR S/ced#18 we'll be there ..I have been to St augustine now that really is something to see looking foward to seeing it again..

Count me in.

We have the list of hotels and we are going to call them tomorrow, to price group rates I will also get all the information I can and what else is availble to go see and do for that weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack
    Count me in.
    Ditto...

We're making the drive in one day, right?

Blog Entries

Question

Sounds very tempting!

Will the driving class and the open house be at the same time, or can both be attended?
    1/4 Mile Time 11.542 @ 121.19 MPH
    195,000 Miles & 275+ Runs Down the 1,320’
    541.57 RWHP & 476.64 RWTQ on DynoJet
    Tuned by Aric at Injected Engineering
    Vortech Super Charger V-2 “T” Trim, 19 PSI
    8 Rib Belt, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Dampner
    Air to Air Intercooler, Mini-race Bypass
    Ford Cobra Remanufactured Long Block
    Snow Performance Water-Methanol Injection
    Kooks Headers & X Pipe
    GT MAF, 60lb injectors, Dash 8, Aero Rails, Twin Ford GT Pumps,
    Kinsler Fuel Filter, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
    Monroe Sensatrac, Metco Control Arms, Addco Rear Sway Bar
    31 Ford Spline Axles & Detroit Truetrac, 4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Dynotech MMC Driveshaft
    A-1 Performance Trans, Forced Tailshaft Lube, Carbon Clutches
    3,500 RPM Stall Precision Industries Torque Converter
    B&M Deep Finned Trans Pan
    AeroForce Scan Gauges , Auto Meter Oil, Fuel & Boost Gauges
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal, 35% Tint, Silver Star Head Lights
    AutoPage Alarm RS-727LCD, Boston Acoustic NX87

Quote Originally Posted by sailsmen
    Will the driving class and the open house be at the same time, or can both be attended?
    Simultaneously at this point. Class is 8am-4pm. Not sure if the class could be held on Thursday instead.

Bring Your Own Car

In answer to frequent requests, we are now offering the opportunity to bring, drive and learn in your own race car. For some racers, the opportunity to get some seat time and license in their own car is an attractive addition to our regular programs. Participants in this program will benefit from the first class instruction offered in all of Hawley's programs. You'll enjoy enlightening and informative classroom lectures and benefit from video reviews of your runs and, if you drive well, you'll earn your NHRA drivers license...guaranteed!
    This program will be personally taught by Frank Hawley. There is simply no better way to learn and license or to improve your skills.

What topics would you like covered? What do you want the most help with? Frank Hawley's goal is for you to leave feeling awesome about what we accomplished. Please post your interests. This course can be customized to our needs.

One Day Seminar: Friday, Sept. 16, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Classroom, On Track Instruction

Cost: $1,000 for Group Instruction; $1,500 for Gainesville Raceway Rental

If 20 people sign up, the cost per driver is $125; if 30 people sign up, the cost per driver is $84.

Quote Originally Posted by MM03MOK
    Simultaneously at this point. Class is 8am-4pm. Not sure if the class could be held on Thursday instead.
    Or maybe Dennis could have a Thursday/Friday open house! How long would it take to get from the driving school to Dennis' shop? Since school's out at 4 pm, Friday evening at Dennis' shop is also a possibility.
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

Quote Originally Posted by FordNut
    Or maybe Dennis could have a Thursday/Friday open house! How long would it take to get from the driving school to Dennis' shop? Since school's out at 4 pm, Friday evening at Dennis' shop is also a possibility.
    Mapquest says 48.0 miles door to door.

Hopefully I can make it down there during that time frame, should be able to swing a deal with my work schedule.
    Carlos
    '03 Marauder 300A
    • Built 8-23-02
    • TRADED IN

I just spoke with the officials at Gainesville, tickets will 65.00 and will be issued at the gate, for 9 AM to 5 PM on Saturday if you want to stay over for public test and tune which starts at 6 PM then the cost will be 15.00 for the car and driver 5.00 for each spectator test and tune ends at 11 PM. Country caterers will serve lunch and this is included for the driver of every car guests will be 10.00 and those tickets will also be issued at the gate, this is one of the best caterer's around, and I feel this is a real good price, we also have some group rate pricing on the local hotels.

Laquinta Inn has a nice pool Continental breakfast high speed INTERNET with a health center pass, 72.00
    Country Inn Suites Pool Internet Breakfast Internet 81.00
    Comfort Inn all the same 62.00
    Fairfield Inn is the same 70.00
    Last edited by MERCMAN; 08-14-2005 at 08:09 PM.

Both Sheila and I will go over to all the hotels that are on the lists and personally check them out, the Laquintas is the newest in the area, so I will post more information on Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Reinhart
    Both Sheila and I will go over to all the hotels that are on the lists and personally check them out, the Laquintas is the newest in the area, so I will post more information on Friday
    Im staying at your place.

Thats fine bring VODKA and hot lips

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Reinhart
    Thats fine bring VODKA and hot lips
    Dennis, I will be coming and at least four more people, 2 with cars, my daughter with her Mach 1 and my son-in-law with his Mk VIII.

Tom, Cape Coral
    former owner - Extreme Procharger Marauder
    2004 Silver Birch - Built 01-08-04 - Pur. 07-03-04
    "Proud Member of Sunshine State Marauder's"

Extreme Procharger Bullitt Completed - still on the hunt for another 04 Marauder to build

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information